First Grow Op

Skeeno

What's up,

My name is Skeeno Bean. I've been on this site and others for minute, taking in all the info and a couple of weeks ago I started up my grow room. I did the first week and a half in my room closet under two t5's. I started with 12 Purple Kush plants and 4 Grape Apes. During these first week I had a mite problem, but with the help of neem oil, I beat that. After a week and a half I transplanted the plants to one gallon buckets and moved them under a 1000 wt light with an adjustable ballast. I currently have them under 400 watts. After I transplanted them to the one gals, I watered the soil (Humboldt Basement Mix) with a treatment of super thrive. Now the leaves are curling under. It's happening to all the grapes and a couple of the Kush plants. Can anybody tell me what in the world is going on! Though I am looking for assistance this will be the begin of my journal. As soon as I figure out how to post pics, I will give it to from the beginning.
IMG_20110913_005347.jpg
IMG_20110913_005323.jpg
IMG_20110913_005304.jpg
IMG_20110913_005258.jpg
IMG_20110911_035537.jpg
IMG_20110908_125238.jpg
IMG_20110906_123321.jpg

So I talked to some folks at my local gardening store, and was told that I used too much Super Thrive. They told me to rinse out my soil (not flush) two days and see if they are getting in better. I did that this morning and it seems to be working slowly but surly.

It's would probably be over watering then, I did a flush yesterday to make sure all the ST is gone. I'm going to let them live for about a week, then give them some start them back on some nutes. They definitely looking like they want some.

I wish I could take credit for that. That advice came from the good folks at local gardening store, but it make perfect since. Thanks for the insight on feeding. I was wondering how to got about that.

They sure do! Now I'm starting to notice nutrient deficiencies. Would this be the time to start feeding them light nutes. Or should I wait until the soil dries out some?

Sure, add some light nute. From the nutrients feeding schedule go 1/3 strength of what the nutes recommends. Wait till the soil dries out a bit on the top the add your first feeding. After you feed them lift the pot to get a sense of its weight with water, so later you can use this lift test to see if your plant needs water or not. Soil is hard to tell and often we over/under water. For hydro it's a different ball game, mainly water and air ratio.

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

It's alive now! Okay, I'm in week four of flower. I have a little nitrogen deficiency. I'll give them a half a dose of MagiCal when the light come back on tonight. I'll repost some pics in a minute.

I was wondering where you were. Glad to see you still growing. I subbed to many journals and daily there are a few dropping out missing in action...your plants are looking really good. Can't really tell if they are suffering from nitrogen deficiency with the HPS glow. Set your camera to tungsten white balance before shooting can help capture the plants true colors. Keep up the good work!

Yeah, it's been a minute! I've learned a lot about gardening in general through this whole process. I'm thinking the yellowing was a nitrogen def due to salt build up (didn't know I should flush every week, just thought I should do it when something is wrong). So, Sunday and Monday Night I will flush the plants. Four of my Grape Apes will be harvested in 8 weeks, so I won't be giving them any more nutes as there days are numbered. The 11 Purple Kush plants will get feed again after the flush, then next week I'll flush them again as I'm shooting the cut them at the end of week nine. One thing I did do, out of lack of knowledge, was give them one last neem oil spray and most of the flowers turned a little brown on me, but they are recovering well and should be white again by tomorrow or Sunday. Besides that, everything is smooth sailing.

Thanks Chiefin! I'll start again in a couple of weeks and this time i'll do a better job of keeping up the post.

Back
Top Bottom