First Grow - Scrog - CFL - Hydro Top Feed

Are you checking the ph of your nutrient solution? If so what is it?
I was wondering the exact same thing:thumb:
You may get by until your ph meter gets here by going to a pet store and picking up a PH test kit. They are cheap and handy to have around for emergencies. Only like 4 or 5 bucks. Just a vile and a solution that you put a sample of your water in, add a few drops and shake. It turns a color then you can look at a chart to get an idea of your PH. Not near as accurate as a Meter but will at least get you in the ball park.

A little bit of progress. :)

As the ladies were outgrowing the single light I have now separated them.
What I am planning to achieve is to be able to bring closer the light to the bubblegum which is now significantly less developed than the purple.
As I will be raising the whole position up and then using rope/chain to get as close as possible, it will give me some flexibility. Additionally I have put these now in such a way that I will be able to add two more in vertical positioning on the sides of the plants. Final state should be about 400w of t5s

Not sure if I should perhaps already put 1/4 in each block as a 2700k just to mix the spectrum?

Going shopping today for carbon filters, ventilator, temperature/RH meter, PH test.

20151126_093053.jpg

So went shopping :) Added temp/RH meter circled the thingy that measures I guess :D
Added a small fan in the back to blow over the plants. Leaves are moving but it is not really breaking them.

20151126_134943.jpg

Not sure about temps and RH (RH is 41% if not visible)

20151126_140413.jpg

Did the PH test colour wise 5.9-6.2 so on the high side of the hydroponic range but nothing to be too alarmed about I guess. Opinions?
It is a mix of 50/50 coco and clay pebbles. Watering 6 times a day for 15 minutes. I guess not real hydroponic :D

Also got the AHoH Growth/Bloom accelerator and Enzymes so I am I guess complete with nutrients got the whole set :)

Next move and probably today is to raise the board holding the light way high and install adjustable hangers that I bought so I can individualize their light regimes.

BOught the carbon filter too but just the filter without the fan and carbon hahahahah :D We live we learn.

30mins later....

20151126_143042.jpg

Will move the fan to blow from the back just missing some stuff from the basement :)

So a little bit on the personal side :)

I have a hard time waiting and letting things go. Which is visible that if there is something that I can do I can't NOT do it. This is quite frustrating and tiring. My mind is constantly racing, I got up at 4am today. The need to medicate is so I can live a bit longer and not suffer a heart attack/stroke in 10 years (my grandad did have 3 at about age 45-50 and lived to be 85 so we are a tough family).

I don't want to use alcohol or pharmaceuticals as I don't see them as the long term solutions and at least one of those is severely poisonous.

Tell me are these balls I am seeing? :|

20151126_1650441.jpg

my gut says yes but my brain is arguing with my gut.

did you not buy auto fem seeds? if not it's definitely possible.

give it a couple days for more evidence, you aren't at any risk of pollination yet lol.

Give her a few more days until you make any final chops. I was in the same position on my first grow. Are you in flowering yet, or are these pre-flowers?

Auto flower 20 days so no flowering yet and yes feminized. Or that is what the website says Auto Purple

Well got some more seeds that is for sure not a problem, but the three weeks I enjoy her/him grow would be a bit sad :)

ok if they are femmed autos then I wouldn't worry. it probably is the pistil calyx. just at this early stage it can be confusing when you see it eh.

Thank you when searching for pistil calyx it really does seem like it is it. I was scared there for a bit :)

Anyways further progress @day 21 from putting the seed in.

Comparison on the deficiency of the bubblegum, 5 days from start of tracking it. It is definitely in remission.

Dan_1.jpg
Dan_6.jpg

Purple is amazing, quite bushy growth and very fast these days :)

20151128_094751.jpg

Bubblegum is catching up, but it is evident it will be somewhat smaller, which is fine, will love her the same :)
The burned leaf tip is my mistake it touched the bulb.

20151128_094759.jpg

As the tank is close to the end of water I will empty it and build up the new formula with additional stuff in that I bought a couple of days ago.

ScheduleEngl2.jpg

I might be spamming but it is my journal so I can do what the hell I like :D

Made a 30l batch of food for the girls from scratch (emptied, washed the container and put brand new tap water). Rethinking if I will need RO at one moment, for now seems to be working fine with tap water.

Per l of water:
2ml grow
1ml bloom
1ml micro
1ml enzymes
1ml growth/bloom accelerator

PH per chart seems to be between 6.2 and 6.5, thinking it should be OK. Will leave as is and see how it goes the next couple of days.

20151128_132707.jpg

Back
Top Bottom