First Grow - Stealth Cab - CFL - Aero Micro Grow

xengrow

Ok so I am starting my thread over which is kind of a pain(first one has an error on it.) but doesn't really bother me that much. My grow cab is 22x40x22 inside dimensions. I have 4 6500k bulbs @ 26 watts each. 3 2700k 13 watts and 1 13 uvb bulb. I built my own hood and wired in the lights to plugs and sockets on a timer. My pump is an adjustable 150-300psi pond pump, which I have 1/2in pvc pipe to power my 5 micro sprayers. I currently have 2 plants one of which is Blueberry Kush, the other not sure bag seed. The big one is the BBK. I am just in the middle of week 2 of flowering on 12/12. I have advanced nutrients 3 part Micro Grow Bloom. I and using a light solution of 300-400 ppm ATM. I have a digi PH meter on the way. My res in a 19L tub, I use 2.5 gallons of water and let it run and then refill, on a 2 week change cycle. I also have an air stone in the res and use Frozen water bottles to chill the water.

Re: First grow, stealth cab, CFL, aero micro grow

IMG_20110809_201555.jpg

IMG_03509.JPG

I hope those who were on come back. Not sure what happened to the previous page. I will probably post a link to it as well just for reference. I hope to get my PH meter today I will update that later. My ppm about an hour ago was 374, 375, 374. I do it 3 times just to see if its consistent. I check my ph with a fish tank tester until my digi comes in. I try to keep it between 5 and 6 ph. I get it to 5 then let it creep up then I bring it back down 3-5days it takes depends. I was gone last weekend and only got to check on them 2 times and they suffered I think. There is some discoloration on the leaves.

Ok, I have 2 issues going on right now. My mother-in-law is here for 2 weeks, and I am almost threw 2 weeks of flower. I also just did a change over on my lights I ran a 27 hr darkness. I had to switch my 12/12 so now it is 10pm to 10am. I just finished looking at them my ppms is @ 400 don't know my PH my meter still has not come in yet. I found some damaged leaves on my BBK I will have pick tomorrow for you guys. I will continue from this point on with this thread I will setup a link to the other thread tomorrow. Also massive stretch happened, well I think it was considering I haven't seen them in over a day. I may take photos later on not sure. the little one almost doubled in height, BBK just stretched her leaves.

Plants look stunted & sick, I wonder why.
Describe and/or photo your air exchange & circulation system. At least two fans.
Small grow-box; small fans, computer-case fans. One in or out, the other just within.
Air is more important than dissolved salts in the water.

I have 1 exhaust fan top right pulling air out of the box. I have a small 4 in. fan bottom left for air movement, and also a computer 120mm In front of my exhaust port pulling air up and into the bathroom exhaust fan which is pumped up to my attic. I haven't been able to watch them but I do agree I think there sick. My res was warm I wasn't able to check on them. I hope they bounce back. FML

If you can arrange a small waterfall for your res water, airflow over the open water will cool it. Swamp coolers in Arizona do this to cool air, but the water is also cooled. Aeration would also happen. I've never seen such a thing, but a simple set-up could work with a tiny submersible pump.
I guess airflow is not your problem :)

I am thinking PH problems I can't accurately tell what the PH is ATM. I still didn't get my digi meter in today I am so pissed. I did slack on keeping my frozen bottles in the res to chill it the last few days. I just hope things bounce back. I was going to take some clones soon but I am not sure if I will now I don't want to over stress the plants. oh well. I have learned lots from doing this. I think I am going to start on my DIY chiller and then pick up a 45 LED panel from advanced for my next grow. I just need to get this one finished.

I should have done a height shot to show the growth. I do kind of agree that they are stunted but remember they were tiny when I threw them into flowering, so ruffly in 2 weeks they both have tripled in size. week 3 starts tomorrow, which doesn't matter if my ph tester doesn't come in today or monday. I need to do a res change, I will probably run a flush for 24 hrs and see if my meter comes in monday.

AN nutes are buffered, I believe. Certainly: the tricky minors like iron are chelated. I don't believe pH is your problem, if you do have a problem. Tripling size in two weeks of 12s is not stunted.
How clean-looking are your roots? Thing with water temperature is dissolved oxygen: cold water 'gets it', warm water doesn't. O2 is not a nutrient, but a by-product of photosynthesis. It does, however keep anaerobic slime from eating roots, when it's present there.

Thanks Propa. I will take a look at the roots tonight. There drinking a ton of water right now and nute ppm is up and down, cause there drinking water and not some much nutrients. Going to rush a flush tonight into tomorrow night then add nutes back tomorrow night when they first hit light. I even saw growth just last night in to this morning.And I will have to add another tie down on the bigger plant tonight I think.

Back
Top Bottom