First Grow White Widow 2x 600w Mh/HPS

Day 7: Today was first real full watering day. The water from the RO faucet tested PH 5.71 and 9 ppm. I brought the PH up to 6.4
and checked ppm again and it was at 31 ppm. Then I watered gently until runoff.

Today I switched the light cycle and added one 600w MH lamp. I tried to turn both MH lights on and put the CFLs away but the heat was to much right now. I’m going to be working on that problem in the future. So I have both 400w CFLs and one 600 MH lamp going right now and their on 18/6 cycle until flowering.

So far out of 12 seeds, 9 have made it this far. These are today’s pics.
C7AE53F5-8E55-4EEA-9B4E-B19EA9E883A7.jpeg
8F17E626-AAD9-41F9-A117-3204B297B295.jpeg
1FC2723D-91D4-456A-93C8-531C2F6169B6.jpeg
8A285CB4-C733-4705-8009-E4CE82734B11.jpeg

Humidity: 65%. Temperature: 83.9

Gettin groovy . .

So DAY 8 brought some equipment adjustments and additions. Due to the heat issues, from turning on the 600w MH lamps, I
Installed an air conditioner in the room with the tent. I rerouted the exhaust ducting out the window with the A/c then put a dryer vent on the end. Both adjustments helped significantly and I was able to lower the 600w a little bit. I always invested in a nice CO2 system that I will be installing in a couple days.

I decided to soak and plant four more seeds because of the three that didn't pop. I soaked the seeds in ph'ed RO water for an hour. I Rinsed the soil with same water then rinsed one time with PH'ed Water with Garden rich Root and Grow, Then plant 1/4" deep and lightly watered with Root and Grow. When I went into the tent I noticed that one of the three nonpopped seeds had popped
48965BA9-CDC3-4737-9E33-8E017232279A.jpeg

75751B14-A32D-4A86-904D-768A7FA7E248.jpeg

Looking good on Day 9

Humidity: 46% (humidifier ran out of water for a little bit) Temperature: 78.8 degrees

Humidity is not a deal breaker. I grow without it and don't have a problem. Generally around 25% is my rh. A fellow tip for you that I learned the hard way, high humidity will clog you carbon filters and ruin them. Only reason I don't have high humidity because I use my carbon filters to bring the temp down. Also if you can I would lower those cfls or raise the plants, they are stretching for the light. You can get them pretty dang close to cfls without burning. Best to keep them short.

Humidity is not a deal breaker. I grow without it and don't have a problem. Generally around 25% is my rh. A fellow tip for you that I learned the hard way, high humidity will clog you carbon filters and ruin them. Only reason I don't have high humidity because I use my carbon filters to bring the temp down. Also if you can I would lower those cfls or raise the plants, they are stretching for the light. You can get them pretty dang close to cfls without burning. Best to keep them short.
Lol did you take my avatar pic?

...as mentioned previously...get those lights(CFL'S) closer to the baby girls or vice versa...you really shouldn't have to fire up the horsepower(HPS) for at least a month...also remember to let containers dry before watering...You are quite well prepared...moreso than many who start to grow...Good Luck...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

I see people say about an inch or two away from plants for cfls but any close and temps go above 85

Do you have a fan on em?

Do you have a fan on em?

Yes two small ones. I added another one to blow above the plants more on the lights and it seems to be working I lowered the lights a bit and will keep doing so until temps get to high!

Yes two small ones. I added another one to blow above the plants more on the lights and it seems to be working I lowered the lights a bit and will keep doing so until temps get to high!
Ill show you how close my lights were on my first ever grow. I had EVERRRY clf in the house and I was pretty damn young. But! This is just to show you how close and personal things get with cfls.

420-magazine-mobile103527302.jpg

Lastly, nowadays I just run two Mars Hydro LED panels for the start of my seedling/clones life and switch to the big dawg 600 hps after my first topping of the plant, which would be 3 - 4 weeks in.
Good job btw man, killin' it :3

. .

Day 10: Today was a good day, no heat issues everything went smoothly.
Today was time to water again and because I'm using RO water I added CaliMagic at just over a 1/4 strength. Plants # 3,6,10,11,2 were ready for water and got the cal mag, Plants 1,2,4,5 were not ready for water as the dirt was still moist (which I find weird being that their the best looking plants but all have been watered the same.)
Plants 7,13,14,15,16 got a light watering with straight RO around the edges of the cup.

I must have gotten the fan positioning right because I have gotten temps down, despite lowing lights yesterday. So of course I lowered the lights a little more today.
D2B4A890-5379-4546-82E7-B4F52A88453D.jpeg
5E525250-9044-4ED1-A6D3-0BF8691EBBED.jpeg

(Don't pay attention to the thermometer it was taken earlyier in the day doesnst even have the right time on it.)

Humidity: 50% Temperature: 82.4

I thought you had 12 going only see 9. regards

I germinated 12, two didn’t make it and one popped on day 8 theirs ten plants now. the little guy in the top pick is the tenth
I also planted four more seeds on day eight

Hi Apex, great set up...fantastic job doing your homework ahead of time. Also have to commend you for taking the time to document different germination techniques(wish I thought of that).

I noticed in one of your pics, your using 2700k CFL's...are you using a mix of colour temps? Obviously you'll finish with your HPS lamps, I only ask because I was under the impression that 6500k was to be used for seedling and veg stage.

Again, awesome job...looking forward to following along.

Hi Apex, great set up...fantastic job doing your homework ahead of time. Also have to commend you for taking the time to document different germination techniques(wish I thought of that).

I noticed in one of your pics, your using 2700k CFL's...are you using a mix of colour temps? Obviously you'll finish with your HPS lamps, I only ask because I was under the impression that 6500k was to be used for seedling and veg stage.

Again, awesome job...looking forward to following along.

Yeah.... so the cfls were a last minute kind of addition and that was one area I was lacking on research. I knew I would only be using them in the first week or two mainly to save on electricity and a little heat. At the time I just figured 1600 lumens per bulb x 8 = 12,800 for what I thought would be 12 plants. I still really haven't done much looking into on the cfls I might get into it more in the future if I decide to use them again. Good catch it's really amazing how hard it is to get things past a pot head!:volcano-smiley:

Back
Top Bottom