First hydroponics, hell, help me

realstreeeeet

420 Member
I kept it in tap water for about two weeks.
The time has been around for two weeks, but the growth is only about one week.
I have a lot of advice today, and I set it up.
A day has passed since I installed it.
But the babies have not changed at all.
Why is there no change?
Is it not sensitive to when changing by hydroponics?
I do not know if I need anything more.
Please advise me

This is the current state.​
air temp : 27ºC​
humidity : 30~40%​
water temp : 20ºC​
PH : about 6.0 (I adjusted the pH with baking soda (sodium bicarbonate), citric acid)​
ppm : 650~700 (tap water(Chlorine-free) 8L, protekt 5ml, mag pro 2ml, foliage pro 10ml, KLN 10ml)​
4 airpump and waterpump (15 minutes / every 2 hours )​
IMG_1397.JPGIMG_1394.JPG
(before setting)

IMG_1401.JPGIMG_1410.JPGhydro.jpg
(after setting)

IMG_1415.JPGIMG_1416.JPGIMG_1417.JPGIMG_1412.JPGIMG_1414.JPG
(now)

Looks like drowning to me. That water level should be 2 inches below the bottom of the net pot so the roots reach downward for it. Top feed it manually (once morning, once night)for any pots that dont have roots touching the water yet.

Your air pumps must be on 24/7

Your ppm is kinda high, i had mine in the mid 400's and even high 300's for the first month.

You can't get anywhere with humidity that low. It will do about what you are saying at best around 40 and grow half as fast as it could. Get the humidity above 60. Try following the chart below.

What is the cycle of lighting?
on / off
18/6?
Could you explain the relationship between the lighting cycle and the water cycle?

The humidifier was activated immediately.

Looks like drowning to me. That water level should be 2 inches below the bottom of the net pot so the roots reach downward for it. Top feed it manually (once morning, once night)for any pots that dont have roots touching the water yet.

Your air pumps must be on 24/7

Your ppm is kinda high, i had mine in the mid 400's and even high 300's for the first month.

[That water level should be 2 inches below the bottom of the net pot so the roots reach downward for it.]
Should I keep a distance of 2 inches at all times?
When will the roots be submerged?
Could you explain the height of the roots and the water ?!

on/off
18/6?
Could you explain the relationship between the lighting cycle and the water cycle?

I have assumed light cycle.
exam,

--------------------------------------
light on
00~18 (18 hours)

light of
18~00 (6hours)

watering cycle
00 on(during 15min)

05 on(during 15min)

11 on (during 15min)

16 on (during 15min)

----------------------------------------------

is it okay?
Please advise if there is something wrong or something to improve.

[That water level should be 2 inches below the bottom of the net pot so the roots reach downward for it.]

on/off
18/6?

I have assumed light cycle.
exam,

--------------------------------------
light on
00~18 (18 hours)

light off
18~00 (6hours)

watering cycle
00 on(during 15min)

05 on(during 15min)

11 on (during 15min)

16 on (during 15min)

----------------------------------------------

is it okay?
Please advise if there is something wrong or something to improve.

In the very begenning when you start, the water level is usually 1 or 2 inches above the net pot. Over the course of say a week, you will slowly remove water until its at just touching the net pot. You water the top of the plants/clay pebbles until you see roots hitting the water at which point you no longer need to top water. From there let the roots get a little bit long to the point where you can remove 2 inches of water (from the bottom of the net pot) and roots are still touching the water level. So when you get to that point its got 2 inches of air space between the water and bottom of netpot. Again make sure your air pumps are on 24/7, thats critical, your plants will drown if there's no air.

You will see the roots touching water usually i think like a week or 2 into the grow. The moment they touch water they get a huge growth spurt and things speed up.

on/off
18/6?

photoperiod plants need 18 hours of light to 24 hours of light. 18 hrs is the most common and usually best option for growth vs cost of electricity. For the first 2 months (60 days) you would have it on 18 hrs of lights on, 6 hours of lights off.
Then when you switch to flowering you would do 12 hours of light on, 12 hours of light off, which tells the plant since theres more dark time, its time to start budding and stop growing new leaves and branches.

relationship between light cycle and water cycle? dunno what you mean exactly.

on/off
18/6?

Try in keep your threads clean, being new member its kinda a blow in the gut to the website , be patient these guys will take care of you and get ya some help.. your in good hands buddy great ppl on this site and they will love to help you trust me just be patient in listen and wait for there responses awesome family on here there great all of them

Try in keep your threads clean, being new member its kinda a blow in the gut to the website , be patient these guys will take care of you and get ya some help.. your in good hands buddy great ppl on this site and they will love to help you trust me just be patient in listen and wait for there responses awesome family on here there great all of them

ok, I'll be careful.

In the very begenning when you start, the water level is usually 1 or 2 inches above the net pot. Over the course of say a week, you will slowly remove water until its at just touching the net pot. You water the top of the plants/clay pebbles until you see roots hitting the water at which point you no longer need to top water. From there let the roots get a little bit long to the point where you can remove 2 inches of water (from the bottom of the net pot) and roots are still touching the water level. So when you get to that point its got 2 inches of air space between the water and bottom of netpot. Again make sure your air pumps are on 24/7, thats critical, your plants will drown if there's no air.

You will see the roots touching water usually i think like a week or 2 into the grow. The moment they touch water they get a huge growth spurt and things speed up.

photoperiod plants need 18 hours of light to 24 hours of light. 18 hrs is the most common and usually best option for growth vs cost of electricity. For the first 2 months (60 days) you would have it on 18 hrs of lights on, 6 hours of lights off.
Then when you switch to flowering you would do 12 horus of light on, 12 hours of light off, which tells the plant since theres more dark time, its time to start budding and stop growing new leaves and branches.

relationship between light cycle and water cycle? dunno what you mean exactly.

ok, thanks for your advice.
I will try.

ok, I'll be careful.
Its all good just give these guys time to write back they gotta get to the root of your your problem. Trust me all the guys who have wrote you in your thread know what there talking about, they will get you takin care of buddy :passitleft:

Try and do update pics with blurple off, too hard to see with all the red

I agree with the advice so far

Top feeding dwc can be a challenge , it can drown the girls, combine with net pots in the water, bad combo

1/4 strength nutes max at this point
Lower the water 2" below pots

Try and do update pics with blurple off, too hard to see with all the red

I agree with the advice so far

Top feeding dwc can be a challenge , it can drown the girls, combine with net pots in the water, bad combo

1/4 strength nutes max at this point
Lower the water 2" below pots

Yeah i thought it was hard to see for you guys also with the purple from the lights he needs to get a better pic

You might consider using potassium bicarbonate instead of baking soda. Baking soda is salt. Does nothing to benefit your plants, and can have adverse effects.
If you use potassium bicarbonate your plants will use the extra potassium.
You can order from eBay or if you happen to have a beer and wine making store close by. They use it to adjust the pH in wine. It is totally food safe. It takes very little.

The roots look yellow because of insufficient lighting, but it is actually white.
I turned the humidifier up to 60% humidity.
Temperatures range from 25 to 28 degrees.
The water will be changed to 400 ~ 500ppm now.
The lighting was set to 18/6 cycles, and now the height of the water will also be about two inches high from the roots. (400 to 500 ppm)

Attachments

• IMG_1422.JPG
    IMG_1422.JPG
    436.3 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_1423.JPG
    IMG_1423.JPG
    427.9 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_1424.JPG
    IMG_1424.JPG
    444.8 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_1425.JPG
    IMG_1425.JPG
    441.7 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_1426.JPG
    IMG_1426.JPG
    397.9 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_1427.JPG
    IMG_1427.JPG
    401.3 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_1429.JPG
    IMG_1429.JPG
    376.9 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_1430.JPG
    IMG_1430.JPG
    387.6 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_1431.JPG
    IMG_1431.JPG
    490.2 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_1432.JPG
    IMG_1432.JPG
    407.4 KB · Views: 107
The roots look yellow because of insufficient lighting, but it is actually white.
I turned the humidifier up to 60% humidity.
Temperatures range from 25 to 28 degrees.
The water will be changed to 400 ~ 500ppm now.
The lighting was set to 18/6 cycles, and now the height of the water will also be about two inches high from the roots. (400 to 500 ppm)

Attachments

• IMG_1433.JPG
    IMG_1433.JPG
    414.1 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_1434.JPG
    IMG_1434.JPG
    418.6 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_1435.JPG
    IMG_1435.JPG
    333.2 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_1436.JPG
    IMG_1436.JPG
    330.1 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_1437.JPG
    IMG_1437.JPG
    356.8 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_1438.JPG
    IMG_1438.JPG
    368 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_1439.JPG
    IMG_1439.JPG
    332.5 KB · Views: 104
You might consider using potassium bicarbonate instead of baking soda. Baking soda is salt. Does nothing to benefit your plants, and can have adverse effects.
If you use potassium bicarbonate your plants will use the extra potassium.
You can order from eBay or if you happen to have a beer and wine making store close by. They use it to adjust the pH in wine. It is totally food safe. It takes very little.

I will buy potassium bicarbonate.
thanks! :)

Back
Top Bottom