First Journal - 18th Grow - Growing 4 Strains From A 420 Magazine Sponsor

Thanks my friend.

How do your plants look today? See any better growth? Mine is nearing harvest. I don't see very well but I remembered I bought a loupe a month ago so I got it out and looked and I saw trichomes. So I think I have a week to 10 days. Then a month of drying and curing. I removed a few fan leaves to make light get further down to buds hidden. I'll try those leaves tomorrow in your honor.

WJ

If you have buds..I would smoke them.
Leaves are harsh (Especially quick dried).
If the leaves have no trichomes on it (which mine certainly dont)
the buzz wont be anything to get excited over..unless like me you have nothing else to smoke and just want a buzz to relax with :rollit:
my buzz only lasts about 1/2 hour at this age of the girls.

On my previous grows I've always had at least a month or 2's flowering with trichromes on it.

Do you have a pic from today of your girls?

Absolutely. I have smoked leaves from my first grow. Very cbd like. Sleep and wake up groggy. Not normal for me.

Here she is. You can't see into the left corner or behind the taller limbs. Look close though there are a bunch of tops. I defoled to allow light to get to some after the photo. Not supposed to trim or train or defol Autos. But five leaves at this stage should be ok.

today14.jpg

:geek:
WJ

Here's youngest only 29 days, the Crystal Queen.
0011917.JPG

Here's the Big Cheese on day 35. I trimmed the fan leaves.
0041708.JPG

Here's the Sensi Star on day 35
0021901.JPG

Here's the biggest plant.. The Lemon G Regular.
I've trimmed and smoked some of (her) fan leaves.
I think i'm going to be taking 2 cuttings off of this one soon. and the sensi star are both ready to give up a cutting or 2,probably this weekend. Going to need a couple weeks for them to be on their own.
By that time the plant may be showing sex.
0031822.JPG

Absolutely. I have smoked leaves from my first grow. Very cbd like. Sleep and wake up groggy. Not normal for me.

Here she is. You can't see into the left corner or behind the taller limbs. Look close though there are a bunch of tops. I defoled to allow light to get to some after the photo. Not supposed to trim or train or defol Autos. But five leaves at this stage should be ok.

:geek:
WJ
Yeah I would think 5 leaves on there wont be missed by her.
I do see a lot of tops in there.
I didn't know not to trim autos. Ill remember that for next run if I can get a second one in before the cold of winter.

I would think she would have more than 10 days left to fatten up those buds.

They are looking better pal. No need to worry. Probably just took a little long to get the roots to the nutes, and the ph out of the zone. It looks like the calcium def is gone or is it the leaves gone? One picture a while back showed a def the veins were darker than the rest of the leaf. Did you pluck that leaf? KingJohnC remarked about it too.

WJ

They are looking better pal. No need to worry. Probably just took a little long to get the roots to the nutes, and the ph out of the zone. It looks like the calcium def is gone or is it the leaves gone? One picture a while back showed a def the veins were darker than the rest of the leaf. Did you pluck that leaf? KingJohnC remarked about it too.

WJ
I smoked them :grinjoint: there were 4 like that.

I didn't figure they were going to recover, and all new growth looks good.

Good Night my friend

I got my CaliMagic (1 gallon) and 275 ml of RapidStart.
I will drain all and put in fresh this weekend and include both RapidStart and Calmag with reg nutes at a strength that will be non stessful for now.
I probably will add some RapidStart to just ph balanced water And probably weak Calmag also until this weekend.

Use the CalMag at the rate it says on the bottle, not weakened. And only use 1 ml of RapidStart per gallon. I would say to stop the RapidStart in a week or so. Look at the Simple Drain to Waste schedule and it will tell you when to stop the RapidStart. Remember it raises your ppm. CaliMagic does, NPK is 1-0-0, but I don't know about CalMag. Just read the label and the website for the info.

How do your plants look today? Do they look like they are growing and no deficiencies? Defoling didn't shake them up I hope.

WJ

I got my CaliMagic (1 gallon) and 275 ml of RapidStart.
I will drain all and put in fresh this weekend and include both RapidStart and Calmag with reg nutes at a strength that will be non stessful for now.
I probably will add some RapidStart to just ph balanced water And probably weak Calmag also until this weekend.

It was fairly cold last nite, down to about low to mid 50's.
There wasn't much growth over night.
The Sensi Star grew a little bit. Its doing well. That's the fluxing lucky one.

0021906.JPG
0011921.JPG

The Youngest one, the Crystal Queen.
0031825.JPG

The Big Cheese. Plucked a bit hard the other day.
0051619.JPG

The one with the most growth over all..doesn't appear to have had much growth since yesterday either.
0041712.JPG

They are looking good pal. I didn't know you were fluxing. Have you seen LightAddict's grow? LA's Continuing Adventure Feat: Budmaster II LED & Oxygen Pot Systems - Ebb & Flow! Check it out for sure if you haven't. Jump ahead and check the latest pages. His grow is something. Flux to the max. Just beautiful.

I noticed your RH is in the 70% range. I think I know what is helping to have the humidity that high. The farms rings, if they were like the one I used, spit and gurgle and put little droplets in the air. You don't want it that high when flowering... the M word. But you already know that right?

Sorry but it is late and I must go medicate. Can't wait to see your progress tomorrow.
Good Night my friend

WJ

They are looking good pal. I didn't know you were fluxing. Have you seen LightAddict's grow? LA's Continuing Adventure Feat: Budmaster II LED & Oxygen Pot Systems - Ebb & Flow! Check it out for sure if you haven't. Jump ahead and check the latest pages. His grow is something. Flux to the max. Just beautiful.
I don't know If I saw his (Believe I did) or just one he was helping someone with.
Ill look again I'm sure. I do know I saw one that was monstrous, each branch being as thick as my fingers.
Im just doing a little lst on mine. Since I bleached it, and it split..I figured I'd get them further apart from each other
before letting them grow up. I believe I read that the genetics were such that it will generally be one main stalk without a lot of branching.
I figured I'd try to maximize the number of growing shoots.

I noticed your RH is in the 70% range. I think I know what is helping to have the humidity that high. The farms rings, if they were like the one I used, spit and gurgle and put little droplets in the air. You don't want it that high when flowering... the M word. But you already know that right?
Yes its from the gurgling. I don't know how I can control the RH. I might be able to lay a towel over each one of the bases, but shy of running the stove, I don't know what else I could do.

Sorry but it is late and I must go medicate. Can't wait to see your progress tomorrow.
Good Night my friend
WJ

Good Night and no need to ever apologize for calling it a day.
GC:peace:

A small towel or two just hanging in the tent or room could dry the air some. I have heard a large plate of uncooked rice also dries the air. 70% is high for flowering. Do you have a filter and fan? I have mine exhausting out of the grow area. Replenishes the air in my tent every 2 minutes or so. That includes replenishing the CO2.

No need for the ozone generator. Ozone is O3 not CO2. Best thing for CO2 level is to constantly refresh the air in tent. O3 "can" help with odor, but isn't really that effective. It might help with mold and bacteria though. I used one in my hot tub to sanitize the water. It used used a UV bulb to make ozone. I bought a 4" fan and carbon tank filter and some 4" aluminium vent hose. Still use a jar of Ona when somebody visits. An inline fan and filter will help with your RH and stagnant air and keep CO2 at the ambient air level.

WebMD News Archive
May 11, 2006 -- You can create dangerous smog levels in your own home with an ozone-generating air purifier.

WJ

A small towel or two just hanging in the tent or room could dry the air some. I have heard a large plate of uncooked rice also dries the air. 70% is high for flowering. Do you have a filter and fan? I have mine exhausting out of the grow area. Replenishes the air in my tent every 2 minutes or so. That includes replenishing the CO2.

No need for the ozone generator. Ozone is O3 not CO2. Best thing for CO2 level is to constantly refresh the air in tent. O3 "can" help with odor, but isn't really that effective. It might help with mold and bacteria though. I used one in my hot tub to sanitize the water. It used used a UV bulb to make ozone. I bought a 4" fan and carbon tank filter and some 4" aluminium vent hose. Still use a jar of Ona when somebody visits. An inline fan and filter will help with your RH and stagnant air and keep CO2 at the ambient air level.

WebMD News Archive
May 11, 2006 -- You can create dangerous smog levels in your own home with an ozone-generating air purifier.

WJ

When I changed em over I'll Grab a kitchen towel and throw a couple of handfuls of rice in it and try hanging that up.

I've had the Ozone for a few years and normally don't use it because It Generated too much in the room that was closed in.
But now the room isn't closed in. Ive removed the Air conditioner that was in the window and have it open with a screen and a fan drawing air in.

I had a thread here about my Odor Problem :cough:

Also on these forums I've read someone's post that they found out the way to effectively use the Inline ozone gen
one needs 15ft or more of the vent hose for the air to flow thru.
I have a 4ft x 3ft x 5.5ft cabinet they are in.
Inside of it I have a radon fan that blows out thru a 4" dryer hose. I have a Carbon filter (don't really know one from another) that fits on a 6 inch connection. I put that in the intake of the radon fan and vented it outside thru a dryer vent. I could smell it plain and clear outside 10 ft from the vent exit. (That was long ago before my odor issue.
I have the 4" hose just vent into the room ( The vent outside must have a birds nest in it) and Have the large fan by the window drawing in the air.
I put the Ozone gen into the intake of the fan, after removing the carbon filter.
Now when I get home I am able to smell the weed a little bit but the olfactory fatigue kicks in within 30 seconds or so.
I also installed a whole house fan that blows out the unused chimney.
This has been the coldest July that I can ever remember.
I don't know that I can do anything about the heat shy of firing up the stove,but tonight its supposed to be 60 for a low. So it shouldn't get below 65 inside tonight.
I've been turning off the fans at night for the last couple of days.

:peace:

I can't help with your smell problem but I do have a story. I have a friend in Co that grew for years. His neighbor took him to court for having so much "trash" around his house that the skunks came by the bunch because she could smell their scent. He had no trash around his house but he did vent his 8" fan outside. It was the herb and fortunate for him the cops didn't figure it out.

Have you thought about running the light through the late night and early morning to gain the heat from the light? I do a 19/5 schedule and the light is off from 2AM to 7AM. The house smells and the carbon filter lets some thru. I use Ona and made a bucket for the Ona with holes and a 4" fan. It works pretty well. Possibly I have the opposite of what you are experiencing. I smell minute amounts.

How do the girls look today?

WJ

I smell minute amounts as well. If I'm out smoking some, I can't smell but a whiff of it.
At work others have told me That I smell like a bud. I never have any on me, I leave it home.
Now I get a whiff when I get home and go into the grow room.

The girls look nice tonight. Last night i got fed up with the lack of growth. I don't believe the temp of the water got near 65 or lower..the air probably.
I moved the LED up all the way last night and its 28 to 30 Inches away.

The plants responded by stretching about 1/4 to 1/2 inch in every direction...the leaves grew by a 1/4 to 1/2 inch, the stem height. :thumb:

The lights are at the height for flowering...but the plants will be taller before I can switch.

Oh yeah, I do run the lights 3PM to 9AM.

Here's the Girls today.

Here's the Crystal Queen day 32
0031830.JPG

The Sensi Star Day 38
0061431.JPG

The Big Cheese Day 38
0051622.JPG

The Electric Lemon G Day 38
0021910.JPG

Back
Top Bottom