First Planting: Blueberry, Purgatory, Kushberry, Indoor Organic Soil, LED & HPS

Re: First Planting - Blueberry, Purgatory, Kushberry - Indoor Organic Soil - LED & HP

Mothership_VWK-8_5.jpg

Kushberry Vegetative Week 8.5 & Blueberry Vegetative Week 8

I have some close-ups of each plant's current predicament on the way next, but this is the current state of the Mothership after today's pruning. After feeling satisfied that there were zero fungus gnats in this tent any longer, I have finally watered these guys after two weeks without giving them any. After some light pruning, these guys all look incredibly healthy. I have removed any leaves that experienced fungus gnat damage from the time that they had spent as larvae in the roots. This is one other reason that I understand the gnats must be gone entirely, as none of the new growth has any damage. There were complications from the fungus gnat infestation, and due to this some of the plants' mainlining had to be undone; the funny thing is that when you must do this and then take one of the primary lines off at the base, it is similar to a super-crop in how the plants respond to only having one primary stem with a manifold leading to two terminal colas instead of four.

More photos to come!

Re: First Planting - Blueberry, Purgatory, Kushberry - Indoor Organic Soil - LED & HP

Unfortunately, Blueberry Plant #2 took a turn for the worse today after watering and became really droopy; this plant was mainlined originally and today when i started LST, it split down the middle of the mainlined stem. I tried to tape it up, but one of the sides had too much damage to be able to stay aboard. I've divided this one branch into two different clones to let its memory live onward. I think that the plant may recover, but I don't know if it's a guarantee; Kushberry #1 had to be cut in the same fashion, but not for the same issue, and is much healthier. I suppose that the chances of whether or not the plant will do well after this type of pruning or LST mistake are based on the circumstance being purposeful or not.

Besides this, I'm going to add sand to the top layer of my soil and find trays that allow me to water the plants at the bottom of their container to reduce my chances of fungus gnat infestation in the future in case any larvae survived. You would be surprised how well cannabis does without being watered; I have not watered the Afghani clones from my other journal in two weeks and they have grown exponentially. Sorry for the delay in pictures, I've been killing some fungus gnats from another cabinet that I thought had no generations left in it. I'm trying to dry out the fungus gnats from every cabinet that I've had an issue with, so you as can you see it's quite a pervasive issue. The only rooms that have been safe are the Propagation Chamber, the Bloom Room, Vegetative Cabinet B and the Thunderdome Cloning Station; the Mothership and Vegetative Cabinet A have had it the worst. I am glad that I have contained this issue, but I need to resolve it entirely before any severe damage is done to my plants. I think I've been lucky.

Unfortunately, Blueberry Plant #2 took a turn for the worse today after watering and became really droopy; this plant was mainlined originally and today when i started LST, it split down the middle of the mainlined stem. I tried to tape it up, but one of the sides had too much damage to be able to stay aboard. I've divided this one branch into two different clones to let its memory live onward. I think that the plant may recover, but I don't know if it's a guarantee; Kushberry #1 had to be cut in the same fashion, but not for the same issue, and is much healthier. I suppose that the chances of whether or not the plant will do well after this type of pruning or LST mistake are based on the circumstance being purposeful or not.

Besides this, I'm going to add sand to the top layer of my soil and find trays that allow me to water the plants at the bottom of their container to reduce my chances of fungus gnat infestation in the future in case any larvae survived. You would be surprised how well cannabis does without being watered; I have not watered the Afghani clones from my other journal in two weeks and they have grown exponentially. Sorry for the delay in pictures, I've been killing some fungus gnats from another cabinet that I thought had no generations left in it. I'm trying to dry out the fungus gnats from every cabinet that I've had an issue with, so you as can you see it's quite a pervasive issue. The only rooms that have been safe are the Propagation Chamber, the Bloom Room, Vegetative Cabinet B and the Thunderdome Cloning Station; the Mothership and Vegetative Cabinet A have had it the worst. I am glad that I have contained this issue, but I need to resolve it entirely before any severe damage is done to my plants. I think I've been lucky.

Fungus gnats are a pain, I think adding sand to the top layer is a good idea you can also add yellow sticky paper in your area. For whatever reason they are attracted to the color, I was recently told that adults can live for close to a month even after you kill off their larva.
If you don't mind me suggesting something, I would look further into water from the bottom as I've been told it's not a idea to do. I'm not 100% why though myself, I just took OldSchool advise and avoided doing so.

Fungus gnats are a pain, I think adding sand to the top layer is a good idea you can also add yellow sticky paper in your area. For whatever reason they are attracted to the color, I was recently told that adults can live for close to a month even after you kill off their larva.
If you don't mind me suggesting something, I would look further into water from the bottom as I've been told it's not a idea to do. I'm not 100% why though myself, I just took OldSchool advise and avoided doing so.

I will avoid the bottom watering then, I think the sticky paper is a good idea; I shook every individual pot thoroughly and removed them one by one from the cabinet afterwards; this let me find how many I was dealing with, I ended up slaughtering ten to fifteen of them. My plant pots have holes in the base for excess drainage but I never water them enough for it to spill out from these.

The weird thing is that when I took the pots out these fungus gnats were crawling underneath each one near the drainage holes or in the drainage holes. When I picked up one of the last pots in the cabinet, two or three gnats tried their best to stay attached to the pot by holding onto the drainage holes for dear life. I smashed every single one I found, but finding these made me think that there were just more of them crawling around in the deeper parts of the soil near the bottom of the pots.

One really good thing in the midst of all of this is that the clones in the affected cabinet look amazingly healthy despite this gnat problem. When I originally received those clones all of them had small leaves, even though they looked healthy. The second set that I purchased also were very stretched and spaced out between the nodes; now those plants are all 15" bushes with fan leaves the size of my whole hand! This is after two weeks of no watering, too. I love the way he canopy looks, especially after Super-Cropping and Low Stress Training each clone at their terminal stem's base. The only annoying thing are the gnats flying around and digging at the base of the plants. If they would just go away I'd have peace.

hey miasma good to see those little ones looking very strong. Fungus gnats are a nightmare. Keep smashing and spraying until they cease to exist. how they enter a grow room is annoying as hell. They seem to appear overnight sometimes. Keep up the good work. I hope both your clone and broken one survive. :goodjob:

AFG_VWK-6_7_FGnats.jpg

The shortest plant up front is my Blueberry #4.

AFG-BB_VCAB-B_VWK-6_75.jpg

The seedling is Blueberry #5.

Vegetative Week #6.75

This week's primary focus has been fungus gnat elimination and prevention; after a lot of reading I've settled on my chosen solution, that being a top and bottom layer of sand with pea rocks on top of the sand. The gnats love to hang out around the drainage holes at the bottom of the pots, so adding a layer of sand that they apparently hate and will not go through helped seal up each of these drainage holes. Once you put the rocks on top of that, it's pretty air-tight and impossible for the gnats to get to the holes at the base; at this point, any gnats that were in the bottom will be sealed there. I've also added a layer of sand at topsoil level, which seals all of the bends in the pots and the topsoil itself, preventing fungus gnat females from laying their larvae in the top 1" of soil (their preferred growth environment). Again, another layer of pea rock was laid over the top of this sand, adding another layer to seal off the soil. Any gnats or gnat larvae that may be trapped inside will remain there until their life cycle is over; considering that they need air and light, I would say that any who are still alive have a poor chance of staying alive in this sealed portion of soil.

I stopped seeing gnats on the soil level and the container bottoms the second that I put sand there; after adding the rocks and vacuuming out any spillage, it feels almost like a hospital in each Vegetative Cabinet. I believe that I have finally won my fungus gnat battle. Finally, I'm able to water my thirsty plants without fear of keeping larvae alive.

KB-BB_VWK-5_95_Transplant.jpg

A close-up of the very healthy Kushberry #3 in Vegetative Cabinet A. I believe that this is my most uniform plant.

KB-BB_VWK-5_95_Transplant-2.jpg

A group photograph of Kushberry #2, Kushberry #3 and Blueberry #3 together.

Bloom-E.jpg

Bloom E joins the party from Vegetative Cabinet A: three Afghani Clones and a short member up front, our Blueberry Plant #4.

KB-BB-1_Gnat-Treatment_VWK-9.jpg

Kushberry #1 and Blueberry #1 are my chosen Mothers, and now will have a permanent area for themselves.

General Update(s):

After moving the contents of Vegetative Cabinet A into the Bloom Room, I have freed space for the Mothership to make some room. I have put three of the Mothership inhabitants into Vegetative Cabinet A, all with the same sand and pea-rock layering for fungus gnat prevention. Blueberry #3, Kushberry #2 and #3 all reside here now, lined up for the next cycle of Flowering, when there is space. I ran out of sand and pea-rock after doing all of the fungus-gnat prevention, so the last bit of sand that I had has been layered on its own with the Mothership Plant Mothers; when I am finished, the Mothership will have a sand and pea-rock flooring and a layer of pea-rock on top of the already-sanded topsoil.

Bloom E: Day 1

At last, Vegetative Cabinet A's inhabitants have all moved into the Bloom Room to begin their first cycle of 12/12; one of the members of Bloom E is Blueberry #4, which will be observed for quality of production at harvest to give an idea of what the other Blueberry Plants may produce. After observing the root structure of my previous harvest, I believe that my pot dimensions are perfect to allow my plants to stay put given the space that I will be growing in; if I have any issues with top-heaviness, I will run a small bungie or strap around the four pots to provide support.

Bloom-F_Day-1.jpg

Bloom F joins the party in the Bloom Room in the bottom left.

Bloom F: Day 1

Blueberry Plant #3 has joined Kushberry Plants #2 and #3 in the Bloom Room for their 12/12 Flowering Photoperiod; it's time to start bumping up my output. I now have three different grows with participating plants in the Bloom Stage, a total of 10 ready for flowering; things are about to get interesting.

thank you to those people who are positive influences on this community.

If i would have seen your thread I would have helped in any way I have lots of experience growing since 98 , i love to help get beautiful plants if you click on my username and check out my journal its perpetual so there's lots of harvest and plant training look at my mainline
420-magazine-mobile761857726.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1539396613.jpg
420-magazine-mobile58660446.jpg
that's my veg room 4 weeks ago now all of those are in flower

I hope you contact me to let me know if you need any advice or if you just want to talk happy growing and keep on keeping on

If i would have seen your thread I would have helped in any way I have lots of experience growing since 98 , i love to help get beautiful plants if you click on my username and check out my journal its perpetual so there's lots of harvest and plant training look at my mainline
420-magazine-mobile761857726.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1539396613.jpg
420-magazine-mobile58660446.jpg
that's my veg room 4 weeks ago now all of those are in flower

Dude your mainline is pretty sweet, I love how wide it stretched out horizontally.

I will follow your stuff so I can learn more and I'll shoot a message over in a few.

Did I miss a post from you?.., your not leaving are you?

Did I miss a post from you?.., your not leaving are you?

No I'm staying. Sorry for any confusion

There is a lot going on in my life right now and I am torn in three different directions over bullshit.

No I'm staying. Sorry for any confusion

There is a lot going on in my life right now and I am torn in three different directions over bullshit.

Ok I'm glad I miss understood and your not going anywhere. Well I'm just a pm away if you feel like venting to stranger for some relief.

Dude your mainline is pretty sweet, I love how wide it stretched out horizontally.

I will follow your stuff so I can learn more and I'll shoot a message over in a few.

Welcome to our community it's a great place i have subbed your thread so I'll see your pics and love to help

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom