First room build 5' x 7' x 13'

I got the 4" inline fan from a local hydro shop the brand is called valuline and this one does 171 c.f.m and it is reasonably quiet, although I will say that the 6” inline fan I have is the same brand and it is just as quiet as the 4” inline fan. The aluminum attachment on the front of the fan I got at Home Depot just to make sure the incoming air does not hit the ladies head on. This fan cost me 89.99 I hope this helps!

You ain't messing around huh!!! I like what I see and hope it all goes well for you....You sure did go above and beyond for your first shop...I take it this will be a regular thing from here on out!!! Well, I wish you luck and will be looking forward to your threads and posts....:thumb:

Thanks for the props Willoby, lol I guess I did go a little overboard, but I figure it doesn’t cost that much at all if you do it all yourself. Depending how this grow goes I think I will put in another light with a light mover so the girls can get plenty of light.

I've noticed the top could use some white paints to bounce some light back down. This can get you 15% light back. I see you got the sides covered. :D

Thank you for the advice. I plan on insulating the ceiling with the same white insulation materials that I used on the sides... eventually.

However, (totally blushing about this right now) I was too excited to start the growing process and completely left that part out. Now that I have the girls all settled in, i don't want to install the insulation and possibly stress them out out.

I will definitely put your suggestion on my list of things to remember in the future. :)

Permaflect is great stuff to line the walls w/ for a little more PAR bouncing back and hitting the girls. Sweet room brother!

Permaflect looks like its great stuff! I will have to keep that in mind when I redo the room, Thanks Velodrone.
P.S I'm a sister. lol
:surf:

I admire your bloom room, and will follow your grow.
I was too excited to start the growing process and completely left that part out. Now that I have the girls all settled in, I don't want to install the insulation and possibly stress them out out.
While they're young, they won't mind being carried out of there for the hour or so that you'll need to wall the inside, at least with mylar or white plastic. Or white paint. Sequester your cat for this, unless she doesn't eat then puke foliage like mine does :)

So that's my first room, and although it's not completely done yet I think it turned out pretty good, what do you guys think of it? I will post the finished pictures soon!

I think it is awesome girl!!! You make me feel like a kid when looking at your room and then mine!!! It actually gave me some good ideas on what I will do when I get around to making a new room...Anyhow, good luck on your girls and thanks for all of the great photos for all of us to look at...:cheer::cheer:

Wow, for a first room build, it is quite impressive. Do you have previous carpentry experience? Good equipment choices as well. With a good environment, you'll have great end products for sure barring a pest invasion.

Glad you are part of our community here at 420 Magazine. Like your attitude, surfinstoned.

:welcome: and :Namaste:

Wow, for a first room build, it is quite impressive. Do you have previous carpentry experience? Good equipment choices as well. With a good environment, you'll have great end products for sure barring a pest invasion.

Glad you are part of our community here at 420 Magazine. Like your attitude, surfinstoned.

:welcome: and :Namaste:

Thank you very much for the props Munki. My dad was a real do it yourself kind of guy, so growing up i helped around the house a lot fixing/repairing/building. I do like the room but as soon as this crop is done the room will be expanded another 8 feet and then divided into 2 rooms!

A timely post on this thread pushed me to find your grow, which I read :love:
I'm impressed by your pluck and confidence, and fingernails trimmed for competance ;)

Your new electric bill is in, and is part of your expansion plans?
For when you add CO2, plan now for complete room sealing:
dehumidifier draining to res, and a 'split' AC.
CEA - Controlled Enviroment Agriculture also allows for quick & cheap,
effective fumigation when the little beasties find the salad bar :smokin:
Keeping a few bonsai moms from which to cut your own clones works well,
to keep the Borg away. Ask an old Trekkie about the Borg

You will harvest a lot of bud, and trim the same :)

Back
Top Bottom