First time grow issues

Zach711f

420 Member
Hi all,

First time growing and I'm trying to figure out what I'm seeing wrong with my plants. I'm using 6.5 ph RO water, FFOF soil, 75F and 45 RH. Feeding water with a bit of cal mag. I have had plants for about 4 weeks now. In a grow tent with a 315W CMH light. 1 oscillation fan and a 6" exhaust fan and filter going out the house pulling in air from my house. I have been using green clean to kill mites. Under microscope I found white eggs but not moving adults. Still getting these spots and issues for past week showing up. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
20200330_155120.jpg
20200330_155125.jpg
20200330_155130.jpg
20200330_155148.jpg
20200330_155209.jpg
20200330_155235.jpg
20200330_155245.jpg

Hiya @Zach711f I'm not sure about the green clean, but those definitely do look like bug issues. I recognize them all too well! I haven't tried commercial killers, but I've tried a few different concoctions of my own I read about. The bronners soap spray wasn't cutting it for me, alchohol, hydrogen peroxide, nothing. The only thing that ALWAYS works is a tablespoon of neem oil, few drops of dish soap and a gallon of water in a pump sprayer. I use it on veg and flower (a lofty no-no around here) because it's the only thing that works for me. I don't notice any adverse effects to the taste or quality of my yield although there probably are people here who wouldn't smoke my weed with someone else's lungs. I think that's hogwash myself. The only thing I've read it might do is keep me from getting pregnant.

The key to success probably isn't necessarily the contents of the spray as much as it is regular application. I tend to forget and need the strong stuff by the time I have problems, when I would more than likely be able to eradicate my problem effectively if I remembered regular applications over time. Those eggs live for friggin ever! THere's my two cents...CHeers mate, gl to your grow! :yahoo:

:welcome: to :420: @Zach711f ...yeah what @Pbass said ...but I would add, that from seed or clone I ALWAYS take preventative measures...soon as it comes out of the solo cup, the top of the soil and the under side of the leaves get sprayed, it's much easier to hold a solo cup baby and spray it every time you up pot, than a 5 gallon pot with a 4 ft bush :rofl: prevention is key :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom