First Time Grow, Super Stoked

Well no changes lately. She's still doing just fine during her flower period. But I've noticed some lower leaves turning a light green then just falling off. I thought maybe they weren't getting enough light, and may ethe plant just wanted to eliminate then to make the energy go to the buds. But a while back when I transplanted her to the bigger pot I couldn't find the soil I used to start with so I got the next best crappiest soil I could find and put her together. Is it possible that maybe the roots have grown to the new soil and are having a different reaction to new soil. ? I'm okay with this happening as long as it doesn't keep happening or it doesn't effect the overall plant
420-magazine-mobile1288905083.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1884994043.jpg
I lost a small leave last night and this morning this bigger fan leaf is light green and kind of soft to the touch..
Thanks everyone .

Well no changes lately. She's still doing just fine during her flower period. But I've noticed some lower leaves turning a light green then just falling off. I thought maybe they weren't getting enough light, and may ethe plant just wanted to eliminate then to make the energy go to the buds. But a while back when I transplanted her to the bigger pot I couldn't find the soil I used to start with so I got the next best crappiest soil I could find and put her together. Is it possible that maybe the roots have grown to the new soil and are having a different reaction to new soil. ? I'm okay with this happening as long as it doesn't keep happening or it doesn't effect the overall plant small leave last night and this morning this bigger fan leaf is light green and kind of soft to the touch..
Thanks everyone .

You didn't use soil that was enriched with nutrients, did you? That stuff killed a couple of mine when I started growing them.

You didn't use soil that was enriched with nutrients, did you? That stuff killed a couple of mine when I started growing them.
Its an organic bag with "organic nutrients" I'm not sure if its enough. And it had little to no perlite. But I was able to mix the soil. To a ratio of 1/2 (original soil) and 1/4 (the new organic) and 1/4 of a good perlite mix I've used before. I should learn names so Its easier at times like this , but I can look when I get home and post the soil.

Have you fed her anything at all apart from what was in the soil?

I prefer to use an inert medium coco 60/40 so i know exactly what she's taking in

Lower leaves sometimes get stripped of their nutrient store if there's any lack - some nutes are mobile, some not
I haven't given her any nutes since she's been in flower. I hadn't seen any signs that she needed so I felt it was best left alone . I'll give her a dose of nutes tonight . its time to water anywayss

When I got home yesterday it was lights out, so this morning early I checked on things and she dropped her two bottom fan leaves. (Granted, they are the first set , and they were at least 3 ft below the lights) I gave her a dose of nutes. Hopefully things look up for her.
420-magazine-mobile1256102238.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1613900754.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1053100398.jpg

Alriiiiiighty another fan leaf going down. Im at a loss right now. Can't do ANYTHING else for nutes, I moved two lights down . just going to keep doing what I'm doing and hope to keep the buds going nicely , I'll sacrifice the leafs for dense potent buds.
420-magazine-mobile928334208.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1508803047.jpg
tomorrow I'm sure I'll loose that big fan there. I'm sinking . fan down fan down

420-magazine-mobile1524869895.jpg
opened up some space for her, maybe she was cramped, moved some lights down. Gonna go grab another light fixture today to add some led to her .
420-magazine-mobile77506212.jpg

Things have been going just fine, she hasn't dropped anymore leafs . her buds are filling out nicely and she's popping up with a lot of new buds also. Gonna give her nutes every other water, and adding 2 more lights this week.
420-magazine-mobile811089413.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1372006064.jpg
420-magazine-mobile604919393.jpg

Woke up to a leaning tower of cheesa yesterday,
420-magazine-mobile896642288.jpg
nothing some string won't fix. She's on day 44 of flower
420-magazine-mobile1498762117.jpg

Is it bad if a little part of me wants my first grow to hurry and finish, so I can obtain more knowledge and get the wife on board for the second grow.

Very nice. Looks like they are going to be good and potent with all the crystals over it like that.

I recently cut down my unripe buds - again - because I threw out my back - again - and needed some relief. Have yet to see a plant through to the end. But I get my MaryJane card soon and I'll be able to lay off my own stuff till it's done.

Nice buds there :) well done

How long has she been in flower now?

I've just cropped - pics in my journal - just waiting on it all to dry now

Looks like I've done quite well

It's normal to look forward to the next stage i reckon surely - i do that myself, got some mods planned, gonna add another carbon filter extractor and improve venting
Day 44 of flower, looking at a few more weeks probably, definitely real eager to test some buds

Back
Top Bottom