First Time Grow

Mingledangle

After a long consideration and weighing options, I have decided to go ahead with my first grow. My buddy had a bag seed laying around so why not start with a free seed. I germinated this seed on 18 Feb 2016, it started to break ground and sprouted on the 20th. I really want to do a DWC, as I have tomatoes and other plants growing that way. My plant has been drooping a little bit lately and not sure if it is OK and if I will be able to transplant it this weekend into a 2 gallon bubbler. Any help and critiques will be greatly appreciated.
For my set up I will be using a older plastic storage shelving that a few years ago used to be a snake rack. I will be getting more lights and the black and white sided covering and everything else this weekend. I will be starting off with 2 200 watt CFLs.

20160225_141706.jpg
this is the plant in question.
I have also ordered 3 blueberry autoflowers and northern lights and shipped out this morning

Update. She is now 8 days and I feel she is growing ok, seems a little slow but still growing, I went to the hydroponic store and picked up a sunspot reflective hood and a 200 watt cfl. Me and the owner got wrapped up in conversation that we both were forgetful lol, the hood is rated for 1000 watt hid, we both forgot the plug for the hood is to be plugged into a ballast, or the adapter plug.
This morning I was able to transplant her to the DWC with an air stone. We shall see how she likes it.
20160228_091458.jpg
20160228_091334.jpg
20160228_090323.jpg

Subbed. I'm still learning myself with cfls. Currently in soil, I like watching the dwc grows. Thinking of getting a single dwc setup. Looking good

Thank you jonwayne,
so yet another change to the light went out of town and while I was out I figured I would hit up a hydro store for and adapter plug so I can run my CFL in the hood. The store I went to did not have exactly what I was looking for. So I just bit the bullet and since my hood is already for a hid light I figure I might as well just get the bulb and the ballast.
I am pretty nervous because I have not seen my little girl in a couple days so I'm just hoping she will be fine when I get back home, and finally able to set her up with some real lights. I will do a complete update when I get back home with new lights and new room.

That's awesome, cfls will male some pretty buds. But no where near the hid light setups I've seen. I to have a 600 watt hps/mh setup I'm goin to. But I'm gonna wait untill after the outdoor season and just put up the hps next winter while I'm stuck indoors lol. Cfls veg just fine, I've just been cloning the chit out of a mother plant I have getting ready for outside here lately. Get that thing setup, I'm sure you will see a big difference when the hid light is in there.

Looking good mingle. Seems like you know what you're doing with your tomato growing experience. I would like to try DWC one day...the speed at which they grow is impressive compared to soil. Anyway I hope you get things up & running with lights soon. You've chosen well, blueberry & NL are classics...along with a mystery seed makes for an exciting grow session.

:thumb:

Well looks like my grow is over already. Pretty bummed, but it is what it is. So I went out of town for a couple days and came home to my plant not looking good at all and my water was smelling really weird. The ph was fine and the water temp was also good. I'm not exactly sure what happened. My other plants are all fine just that one. That water was cloudy and really bubbly with white bubbles. If anyone might have an idea please let me know.
the only nutrient that I add to the water is bio root.
I hope she can pull thru so I just put her in a soil perlite mix. I will post a pic of water she looked like
20160302_171424.jpg

Those roots look rotted, but could be nutrients that dyed them also. We're they slimy and stuck all together? That's a bummer, I lost sever al in the beginning due to root rot. Don't give up yet though. @ the end of the day, there still weeds and can handle alot of stress from experience. It's just hurts quantity/quality later on. Might help to let her dry out in some soil a little, sorry I couldn be more help. I'm sure some of these guys here know what could have happened.

Yes Jonwayne they were a little slimy and stuck together, just really baffled by what has gone wrong with just that one bucket. I'm going to deep clean that bucket and clean everything. I'm still waiting on my other seeds so I might or might not plant them because I will be moving this summer between June and august so not sure if I will actually have time to do another grow in that time frame. The other seeds are autoflowe rs. I will be moving roughly 8 hours away so not sure if it would be able to move with not hurting them. As for this girl she is still in soil she has not improved nor seemed to do any worse only time will tell I guess.

I had one that sat dormant for over 2 weeks not doin a thing. And it finally snapped out of it and I actually harvested that plant today and got a little off her. So they can snap back. And I dunno bud you might have time with autos, I've never grew any. But they finish in 8-12 weeks from what I read. Might find a journal that could answer the question for you. Sounds like the water went stagnant on you in that bucket or something.

You should have allowed more time for the plant to grow before you transferred it... You put the thing in shock.... I would chaulk it up to a newbie mistake....The plant is dead, move on...

It is a newbie mistake the plant was doing fine when I transfered it after setting the dwc back up to try to find out what went wrong I figured it out, the clay pebbles. When I had gotten my clay pebbles in I cleaned them and the left over that I was not using I had put in a spare tote. When I set this bucket I did not clean those pebbles back off from sitting in the bucket. I should be good to go this round since my blueberry and NL autos came in today I will be starting a new grow journal today or tomorrow with those seeds.
Thank you everyone for the kind words and advice. The only way to get better is to learn from mistakes.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

We are sorry for your loss.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom