First time growe with either a disease, pest or nutrient deficiency needs help with a diagnosis

What size is your light? It seems a little close, especially for veg. Mars hydros panels are very strong and do not need to be close at all.. but like vet said, your top growth looks good so I don’t think it’s much of a cause for concern

By the way, here's the other pictures...I don't know if you can see the weirdness there (or if it's not actually weird or all just in my head because I'm being a hypocondriac and a helicopter parent lol) but it seems like theres just a lot of weird little branches and odd quazi-squished and weirdly shaped leaves.

IMG_20210131_113952376_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210131_113901713_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210131_113849374_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210131_113756410_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210131_113741640_HDR.jpg
I think that you are watering way too often my friend... there is zero lift here.

Let me clear up a couple of things... pH is a range... not a number. if you come in at 6.6, the only bit of the range you can hit from there is 6.6 to 6.8. Anything most mobile lower than that, is locked out if you come in that high. Remember that the buffers in the soil cause an upward drift from wherever you come in at... so come in at the bottom of the range (6.3) and let the soil do its thing, to drift your nutes right through the entire 6.2-6.8 range.

The spots on the leaves look the the beginnings of a magnesium deficiency to me... supplement with calmag probably for the rest of that plant's life... it has extra needs.

The perfect time to water is not as they are going to bed at night. The plants have just shut down transpiration and really are not sucking up that much water at that point in the day. Compare that to the first thing in the morning, when the plants rise up to greet the morning sun; when they are sucking up more water to be able to raise up those leaves than at any other time in the day. Watering upon daybreak is the most efficient time to water, and the plants are pulling up so much water at that point in the day that you can get by watering a second time several hours later... you will be shocked to see how much water the plants sucked up as you were giving it.

The medium is fox farm Coco Loco, which isn't a pure Coco coir product and is treated as a soil. It's a reasonably hot soil from my understanding. I have the ingredients list available if that would help too.

And the ph I shoot for 6.1, but I'll also accept it if it's 6.0 or 6.2
Nice looking plants and they seem to be growing well.

Right, the Coco Loco is not pure Coco Coir. It does have a lot of coco coir along with some 'aged forest products' which are often well decomposed leaves and wood fiber. The company adds some naturally occurring amendments and nutrients like Perlite, worm castings, bat guano, kelp meal, oyster shell, and lime. I have not found anywhere where Fox Farms adds natural mineral soils to the Coco Loco mix.

The stuff will be great potting mix for those who want to grow some flowers for the porch railing or a houseplant in the window. But for those of us trying to grow a heavy feeding plant like Marijuana then more has to be done. What is in there is great for several weeks, but before long the grower is going to have to do something or deficiencies will continue show up and get worse. The others have made some good suggestions so I figure you are going to have a successful grow.

There are 3 or 4 threads just this month alone started by growers who are using the Fox Farms Coco Loco.

Its nutrient burn and the new top leaves are becoming spindley. I would guess nute burn and/or lockout of some micronute...check some deficiency charts to see what causes spots between veins on older growth and what makes it spindley.

Back
Top Bottom