First Time Grower - Dinafem Blue Widow

Everyone I'm back!! So this morning when I opened my tent I was all ready to chop our star of the show down and start the drying process, but I noticed a bunch of new white pistils growing on pretty much all of the flower sites, so she went through another pistil cycle while I was gone. With that being said Trichomes are saying she's pretty much done. I'd say close to 75% of them are cloudy. So I'm going to give her one more day to let those pistils mature a little longer and then hang her up to dry. I don't suspect it will take too long for the flowers to dry since I do live on Colorado and humidity here is pretty much nonexistent. I'll hang her to dry and as she's drying I'll go around and trim up the flowers. I'm not expecting too much from her as I messed up the lighting during flowering and probably hindered development. I'll have to grow Blue Widow again and see if I can't increase my yield drastically.

Today was the day!!!!! This morning I chopped her up! So I chopped a few branches and didn't wash them to do a side by side comparison. The majority of the plant was washed. Apparently I had a few gnats about 5 of them. I also picked 5 seeds from the flowers on the lower branches. I was a little worried that it might happen as I found those pollen sacs a couple weeks into flowering. I had hoped that I had gotten to them before the pollen was mature. So not I've got Blue Widow seeds, I'll keep them around and grow her again in the future and compare the quality of the flower. I tell you what though she smells fantastic, I can't wait till she's done drying so I can get a taste. I'm thinking the high is going to be a couch lock type. I'd say pretty much all of the trichomes were cloudy or amber. I've got the branches hanging from the top of my tent. I then a couple of the vents and turned the fan up in the tent to keep the scent in the tent.

The harvest

image28607.jpg
image28608.jpg

Day 2 of drying, it's getting much harder to stay away from the flowers. I really want to taste one just to see what the quality of my first grow is going to be, so far I've stayed away. Everything I've read has said you won't regret waiting as the smoke just keeps getting better and better. Stems are still bendable so I've got some more time before I can put them in the jars and cure them. I kind of miss having her in full bloom, now I see why people do perpetual grows. I wish I had the money and space to do that!

In a sense, you do have a perpetual grow. The aquarium looks like it works fine for starting seeds or clones. Next time, just think about starting them a little sooner. Can't wait to hear the smoke report. :high-five:

In a sense, you do have a perpetual grow. The aquarium looks like it works fine for starting seeds or clones. Next time, just think about starting them a little sooner. Can't wait to hear the smoke report. :high-five:

I guess that's true, I'll have to figure something out. With the lights though so the seeds/clones done stretch like in my auto grow. You're right I should of started them much sooner, but I wasn't sure what I was going to do after this grow. I enjoyed the experience so much I figured better late than never. I've got plenty of seeds to keep going for awhile and I've been thinking of picking up Grand Daddy Purp, Blue Dream, Pineapple Express, and Cream Caramel seeds for future grows, but first I'll have to grow what I have at the moment which is Strawberry Cough, Jack Herer, Critical+, and NYC Diesel x OG Kush(there's no information about that strain)

And you should probably try your hand at cloning with one of the strains on deck. They all sound awesome.

And honestly, some seedlings just tend to stretch when they poke their little heads out of the soil. My Mystery Seed #3 shot out like a rocket to about 6" before it slowed down and the LED was so close that it was burning the leaf tips of my rooted Papaya clones. So, it may just be those strains and not the aquariums fault. Otherwise, raising the seed cups up to the light (like you did) should be sufficient.

There is a name for this strain out there already, NYC Diesel x OG Kush, I had it just the other day but can't think of it now lol. If I remember I will post the name

Awesome, yea I'd love to know what it is. Everything I've looked up for the strain hasn't told me anything. I'd be real interested in what it's called.

So I've got some good and bad news, good news is that she's been cleaned up and put into mason jars. Bad news is that I didn't have a single nug that was picture quality. All she produced was these popcorn buds, nothing of real development. I guess that's what I get for moving the light away from her. Also she was riddled with seeds, there was quite a few flowers that had many many seeds in them. I thought I had kept a close eye on her but I guess not, she must of been full of pollen sacs and I couldn't see them.

Smoke report, I could taste the hint of blueberry on the tongue followed by a little spiciness from the White Widow genetics. The smoke was smooth. The high was more of a body high, couch lock glad I smoked right before bed I was out in minutes and slept like a baby.

Sorry to hear about the seeds and the popcorn nugs. I'll stick around your Blueberry and Moby grow to make sure you keep that light close. Have you thought about upgrading light set-ups, yet?

As for strain names, Ogiesel is a Sour Diesel x OG Kush cross, and NYCD is a child of Sour Diesel. Not that that solves your problem, but it might help in your search to find the correct strain name.

Congrats on the harvest. Even if it didn't turn out as planned, it still beats any weed my friends grew before I moved to Colorado.

And to note, a moderator will probably be by shortly to ask you to submit a smoke report and then he/she will move this journal to the "Completed" journal forum.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

So I've got some good and bad news, good news is that she's been cleaned up and put into mason jars. Bad news is that I didn't have a single nug that was picture quality. All she produced was these popcorn buds, nothing of real development. I guess that's what I get for moving the light away from her. Also she was riddled with seeds, there was quite a few flowers that had many many seeds in them. I thought I had kept a close eye on her but I guess not, she must of been full of pollen sacs and I couldn't see them.

Smoke report, I could taste the hint of blueberry on the tongue followed by a little spiciness from the White Widow genetics. The smoke was smooth. The high was more of a body high, couch lock glad I smoked right before bed I was out in minutes and slept like a baby.

don't feel bad I don't know how but my Larry og Kush had some seeds they were small white ones but the bud is still fantastic lol

Back
Top Bottom