First Time Grower - Dinafem Blue Widow

If she's stopped pushing out new pistils, you're good to harvest her whenever. After work, I'm chopping at least Bubblelicious #3 and possibly Bubblelicious #1. Had a friend stop by to pick up some extra clones and he was impressed with how plump the LED lights made the buds. Are you still thinking of upgrading lights for the next grow? Or are you gonna make the best of the T5s?

I think for the moment I'm going to stick with the T5's. I want to see if they can compare to LED, and CFL if properly used. I think if I hadn't moved my fixture she might of had more bulk to her. I do think LED is the way of the future. So I think within the next year or two I will be making the switch to a LED fixture.
The interesting thing with her is the lower flowers have white pistils and I had hoped that would make its way up the plant but it wasn't meant to be.
I'd like to try a clone at some point in time. I may stop by the store or a few and see what they have to offer. There was one clone that peaked my interest that another 420 member was trying to grow but it ended up dying was Durban Alien or something like that. Would of been interesting to see the genetics of the plant.

I understand how anxious and impacient you can be, I also am!

Just have a bit more pacience It will reward you.

Looking damn frosty! That's gonna be quality smoke! :high-five:

:Namaste:

I've pretty much comes to the realization that I'm going to have to wait and chop her down when I get back from my trip. I was hoping to have her chopped down and to have a sample while I'm on my trip.

Now that is a lot of trichomes! If I was you, I would hold off on chop until you get back. Think of how excited you will be to check them when you return and find them perfect! :cheesygrinsmiley:

You're right, it definitely adds a little more excitement for returning home to finally get a taste of our lady.

Those are some nice looking buds though! Way better than what mine have turned out thus far lol. I agree with the general consensus and say give it another week, see what happens.

Thank you! Hahaha, I guess that's true but none of your ladies are at the end of flowering. That Austin Hash is looking pretty healthy though, so she could turn out to be much better than my lady.

Day 98/Day 50 Flowering, trichomes are still slowly turning cloudy. The leaves are kind of starting to turn yellow. The majority of the leaves are still pretty dark green still, which tells me she's not ready, or she still has nutes that's she's still pulling from. Speaking of which, just watered her this afternoon with another round of distiller water. She's drinking just about a gallon with some run off but not too much. She will be watered Friday morning right before I leave for a long weekend. I'm hoping that by the time I come back she will be ready to harvest. Her scent has increased in the last few days. Once the door to the tent is opened she makes her presence known. It smells fantastically!!!

Day 100/Day 52 Flowering, watered our lady this morning about a gallon again. She's getting quite thirsty, she's had 2 gallons of water in the last 3 days, which I find a little interesting thst she's now as thirsty as she's ever been. She continues to smell absolutely heavenly! As I was looking from the underside of some of the flowers I've noticed a few white hairs starting to make their way up the plant so maybe she is going to have one last pistil cycle right before harvest. I do have a question for those subbed to this grow, what do I do with all the sugar leaves when I comes to harvest? I'd really hate to lose all of that THC, but I don't have the equipment to make concentrates. Any suggestions?

A couple questions,Are you planning on trimming wet or dry? If not wanting yo invest in bubble bags, screens, or extracting equipment. You have the option of alcohol tintures, cannabutter. I personally would do the butter or alcohol, if I did not do my own extractions.

I'll probably go with dry trimming, just remove the fan leans that are left and the leaves that don't have any trichomes on them and leave them to dry for a few days. That's the plan at least. What would you recommend?

I trim wet most of the time for concentrate purposes but I prefer the bud tho when it is trimmed dry then cured. So its a never ending battle lol. If I could I would have seperate grows for concentrate and flower purposes! One day!!! So if I were you, dry trim, ans turn your trim into butter for edibles, make it super concentrated because you are using trim not flower.

image28158.jpg
image28157.jpg
image28159.jpg
image28160.jpg
image28162.jpg

Day 103/Day 55 Flower, according to Dinafem this is the day that I should be harvesting, but as everyone has seen my lady isn't quite ready so she will be chopped down when I return from being out of town, which will bring it to day 59. I may wait a day when I can spend more time with her so she could be chopped down on day 60. I've had to turn my fan on a little more as she was starting to speak her love outside of the tent. She's got quite the aroma to her! I can't wait to what the smoke is like!! I've already started taking a few of the fan leaves and the leaves that don't have any trichomes off just to help when I decide to dry trim her once she's done drying. Watered this morning, took a little over a gallon of water to get any run off. I really want to make sure the smoke is as smooth as possible.

Back
Top Bottom