First time grower looking for tips

Drago i did want to mention i just planted my three seeds straight into the soil and four days later one was fully sprouted out of the soil, two days after that another did and four days after that my runt sprouted.

Three seeds planted and all fully coming out of the soil within 4-10 days great success with ff of and happy frog mix in my opinion.

Since you said you were having trouble with germinating i thought I would mention that but if you dont use soil i guess thats a no go then.

Sent from my SM-G925R4 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Lol Sorry toasted, I was meaning I havent even attempted to germinate yet, but hopefully in a few months.

I'll throw out a disclaimer by saying I have yet to germinate one seed in my life, however I do know plants do get stressed from the switch from hps, mh, fluorescent, to LED lighting. Don't know the reason for it either. Drooping plants also could be either over or under watering. I think over or under watering is the most common.
It's because LED lights cover all spectrums of light where as others only contain certain ones.

Sent from my HTC One using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Once a week is most likely not enough. Some people go by how heavy the pot is. Others go by how dry the medium is. If you push down with your finger and the medium is dry for a half an inch or so, then you need to water.
Water all around the plant. Not just the middle. We want to promote root growth and want the roots to stretch out to the sides before growing straight down. Once a week probably isn't enough watering though.

Sorry sizz0e, I'm new to growing cannabis. I've done some reading regarding nutrients and basically there are mobile and immobile nutrients. You probably already know but the gist of it is deficiency of immobile nutrients generally show on new growth first while deficiency of mobile nutrients generally show on old growth first. It was a question in assumption that you knew the whole mobile immobile nutrient thing:high-five:
I got you bro. It just threw me off completely. I like to think I got the science down, but not all of it. I'm still a work in progress, and getting there. Mobile/immobile nutrients, for me, isn't as nesscicary as microbiology and reading the plants for def. No harm done. We are all here to learn from eachothers expierences and knowledge. Cheers!

Good people inspire you to do great things. :Namaste:

Awesome job coming here first off, people here are amazing! Wasn't long ago I was in your shoes bud, doing the same things..... come check out my journal if you want, rip through it and watch the transformation I think you ll get a kick! I cover it all from a rookie s stand point that's forsure Hahahah! Good luck brotha!

Tested the runoff.. seems to be at a solid 6 maybe even a tad lower i cant really tell cause the litmus paper i have only reads the ph in increments of 1. So is it possible that my plants arent absorbing the right amount of mag and calcium due to the lower ph?

Good thing my bottle of calmag came in today, score! but should i give the ladies some of that today or wait a few more days since i just watered/flushed them lastnight?

Tested the runoff.. seems to be at a solid 6 maybe even a tad lower i cant really tell cause the litmus paper i have only reads the ph in increments of 1. So is it possible that my plants arent absorbing the right amount of mag and calcium due to the lower ph?

Good thing my bottle of calmag came in today, score! but should i give the ladies some of that today or wait a few more days since i just watered/flushed them lastnight?

I'd wait a few days and give them a chance to get some of that water out of the soil. But next feed I would give them some cal mag

Also when i watered/flushed them lastnight they were extremely dry, two inches into the soil and it was barely moist. The airflow in my tent is better then i thought and dried things up much faster than my other setup. Learning is key!

Yes we all have to learn growing isn't always as easy as some would think. I know people who grow fruits and veggies, that have a hard time grasping cannabis growing lol

I would like to think its only easy if you get lucky and i dont want to get lucky, i want to know what im doing.

I love the science aspect of growing any plant, it is always such a joy to watch them grow big and thrive. Then try to figure out what is wrong if not and care for them accordingly.

Last year i planted my first veggie garden and i had a blast!

Id recommend getting an electronic ph tester toasted. They're in the $20 range and people say they are better than litmus papers.

The whole time i have been growing my plants they have been in 20-40 rh, normal winter time humidity in a home. The leaves do feel sort of crispy but not too dried out.

Tonight i put a wet dish towel in a pan in the tent and closed off most of the airflow vents. the rh went up to 65 in a couple hours hoping to round it off around 50.

They are already starting to perk up from that and surely the fresh water from last night.

I didnt realize humidity was so important for little plants to thrive!

Going to do the calmag and ignore the ph for now since i dont have the money for ph up, if i need it, or the electronic ph tester. I also read they are inaccurate and you have to use a control solution to calibrate it as well. All that would be another $45

Been thinking about it, its been six weeks and my plants are so tiny. I lsted four days ago and fimmed the tops friday night, inside growth seems to be exploding. But will i acutally be looking at anything worthwhile this first grow?

The seeds were just baggie seeds of two different kinds of great danky smoke. I am probably expecting too much from this and am having second thoughts about the whole thing lol

does this mean she is female? or does a pistil have to be coming out of the top of the calyx as well?

Picture_20170826100857_1_.jpg

That def looks like a calyx. If you want better proof, give her a day or two, she'll show you her lips, I mean pistals. If it was a boy, the calyx would be way more rounded, and not tear drop shaped.

Good people inspire you to do great things. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom