Growing tips anytime

Ryguy2021

New to this forum but there's a lot of real good info and advice given on allot of strains! Im mainly an indoor scrog grower of 24 yrs now and I really want to help ppl. Im more into the science of this awesome plant and have grown some rare strains! If anyone needs a tip I'd be honored to help if I can. Happy growing everyone!!!

Resized_20211022_064430_328378763791333.jpeg

20211022_064619.jpg

20211022_064430.jpg

Image_2021-10-21 05_55_54_088.JPG

20211021_064240.jpg

20211020_060310.jpg

20210905_042516.jpg

Resized_20210603_053517(3).jpeg

20200911_084308.jpg

20170815_113953.jpg

New to this forum but there's a lot of real good info and advice given on allot of strains! Im mainly an indoor scrog grower of 24 yrs now and I really want to help ppl. Im more into the science of this awesome plant and have grown some rare strains! If anyone needs a tip I'd be honored to help if I can. Happy growing everyone!!!

20211022_064619.jpg

20211022_064430.jpg

20211021_064240.jpg

20211020_060310.jpg

20210905_042516.jpg

20200911_084308.jpg

20170815_113953.jpg
Welcome to the jungle, I will definitely be watching, and likely to post questions, I'm planning on doing my first scrog later this year. I've been wanting to try it since I got my tent last year. It's a smaller 3x3, but I don't need a lot.

20211022_064619.jpg

20211022_064430.jpg

20211021_064240.jpg

20211020_060310.jpg

20210905_042516.jpg

20200911_084308.jpg

20170815_113953.jpg
Excellent work.
Welcome to 420magazine.
We can always use another experienced member to pitch in.
Glad your here.
Stay safe.
Bill

Welcome to the jungle, I will definitely be watching, and likely to post questions, I'm planning on doing my first scrog later this year. I've been wanting to try it since I got my tent last year. It's a smaller 3x3, but I don't need a lot.
You can get a lb or more with that size footprint and proper lighting. Scrog is the only way to max yields indoor imo. Takes a bit more work but once you do it you'll always do it and it'll become second nature! Hmu if you need any pointers I'm happy to help anyone!!

20211022_064619.jpg

20211022_064430.jpg

20211021_064240.jpg

20211020_060310.jpg

20210905_042516.jpg

20200911_084308.jpg

20170815_113953.jpg
Like your moveable plant platform -- great post !!! what's the strain you posted ?

Like your moveable plant platform -- great post !!! what's the strain you posted ?
Thanks I appreciate it! The plants I posted I just finished.. Edelweiss and lavender. Both in 5 gall pots only and under (2) mars hydro tsl2000's in a 4 ×8. Just my candy grow for personal. My job however is a much bigger and demanding monster altogether lol! Thanks again brother..

Welcome, long time grower and master craftsman.

I had a few questions.

1) What soil/organic/soilless/hydro media do you dominantly use for your indoor grows?

2) Are you using auto-watering, drip watering or by hand?

3) Do you have a favorite strain or strains? Why?

4) I was researching plant stress reactions and noted that there are nute additives that can be used to induce stress in late stage flowering cannabis. Apparently, cannabis reacts to environmental and physical stress (excessive heat, drought, limb breakage, defoliation, etc.) by enhancing development from mono-terpenes and changing them to sesquiterpenes. These smaller sesquiterpenes apparently what makes a particular strain really stand out and have a unique aroma and flavor. There are several products out there, have you tried any of them (ex: Signal, Terpenator and others)? Are they worth it?

Any advice would be most helpful. Thank you.

Hello friend.. good questions. You are correct about the Terps however its pretty easy to over stress any strain if too much pruning or high stress training is happening. The prob is they usually dont show signs of seed or hermie until the bitter end of the grow! As for strains, I've grown too many to count and could suggest till I'm blue in the face lol. I personally like big yielders at work but my personal grows I'm not concerned with anything but taste. I use a product I swear by for medium (tapur brand coco- kings mix) or just the gold coco. I also have learned through many years of trial and error that excessive nutes are pointless and a waste of money. Theres 16 macro/micros that are required for optimal growth with this particular plant so its tricky at times as all strains require different levels.. again, for optimal growth. I rarely add anything other than cal/mag obviously and find yourself an all in one product. I won't give up my secret weapon but they make plenty of products like this. It is an absolute waste of money to buy these 7-14 bottle regiments! I've tried a few..fox farm, success, nectar of the gods, etc. Total waste of $. Not to mention a frustrating situation on feed days to say the least. So yeah I stick with one product with everything in it, cal mag, I do use silica and its saved my ass a few times. Other than that, around week 7 bloom I'll add a booster high p-k for a week or so then flush w good r/o h2o ph'd correctly for at least 14 days. So in conclusion a little stress is a good thing. I always water both my candy grows and my big ops by hand. I think your better informed of what your plants are doing. We use a pump for the big grow.. I've never seen a difference with a terp booster vs not and I've HONESTLY done the side by side. So I hope this helps you a little. Remember that it's all about the rhizosphere. Happy roots are the name of the game with cannabis. Make sure you use a good microbe tea- (this is essential)- and you'll have smooth sailing. Bigger roots- bigger fruits! Happy growing friends.

Thanks I appreciate it! The plants I posted I just finished.. Edelweiss and lavender. Both in 5 gall pots only and under (2) mars hydro tsl2000's in a 4 ×8. Just my candy grow for personal. My job however is a much bigger and demanding monster altogether lol! Thanks again brother..
growing a plant is easy BUT all the work needed is the big thing !!

Hello friend.. good questions. You are correct about the Terps however its pretty easy to over stress any strain if too much pruning or high stress training is happening. The prob is they usually dont show signs of seed or hermie until the bitter end of the grow! As for strains, I've grown too many to count and could suggest till I'm blue in the face lol. I personally like big yielders at work but my personal grows I'm not concerned with anything but taste. I use a product I swear by for medium (tapur brand coco- kings mix) or just the gold coco. I also have learned through many years of trial and error that excessive nutes are pointless and a waste of money. Theres 16 macro/micros that are required for optimal growth with this particular plant so its tricky at times as all strains require different levels.. again, for optimal growth. I rarely add anything other than cal/mag obviously and find yourself an all in one product. I won't give up my secret weapon but they make plenty of products like this. It is an absolute waste of money to buy these 7-14 bottle regiments! I've tried a few..fox farm, success, nectar of the gods, etc. Total waste of $. Not to mention a frustrating situation on feed days to say the least. So yeah I stick with one product with everything in it, cal mag, I do use silica and its saved my ass a few times. Other than that, around week 7 bloom I'll add a booster high p-k for a week or so then flush w good r/o h2o ph'd correctly for at least 14 days. So in conclusion a little stress is a good thing. I always water both my candy grows and my big ops by hand. I think your better informed of what your plants are doing. We use a pump for the big grow.. I've never seen a difference with a terp booster vs not and I've HONESTLY done the side by side. So I hope this helps you a little. Remember that it's all about the rhizosphere. Happy roots are the name of the game with cannabis. Make sure you use a good microbe tea- (this is essential)- and you'll have smooth sailing. Bigger roots- bigger fruits! Happy growing friends.
You say that silica saved your ass a couple of times. Do you mean weak-stemmed high yielders got so heavy they were and falling over without it? I am using basic General Hydro Flora Pro products this grow (and their cal-mag and silica). I also add Epsom salts to green them up. I am never sure that the cal-mag amount recommended by the GH feeding schedule is sufficient to meet the need for magnesium. I add about a tsp per gal of Epsom salts to a feed. I am also using some Ocean Magic for micro-nute purposes. My plants seem to be doing well using this feed regime in a basic 70% peat, 30% perlite mix with microbial inoculate. I have a bag of coco mix I want to try in the near future. Hard to get coco products in this rural southern area. I have to order it from the local hydro store, wait a month, drive a 150mi roundtrip and pay a premium price. I am thinking mixing some of my own "home-mix" using peat, coco and perlite with microbial additive.

Any advice of drying and curing?

Beautiful stuff! What a garden!

You say that silica saved your ass a couple of times. Do you mean weak-stemmed high yielders got so heavy they were and falling over without it? I am using basic General Hydro Flora Pro products this grow (and their cal-mag and silica). I also add Epsom salts to green them up. I am never sure that the cal-mag amount recommended by the GH feeding schedule is sufficient to meet the need for magnesium. I add about a tsp per gal of Epsom salts to a feed. I am also using some Ocean Magic for micro-nute purposes. My plants seem to be doing well using this feed regime in a basic 70% peat, 30% perlite mix with microbial inoculate. I have a bag of coco mix I want to try in the near future. Hard to get coco products in this rural southern area. I have to order it from the local hydro store, wait a month, drive a 150mi roundtrip and pay a premium price. I am thinking mixing some of my own "home-mix" using peat, coco and perlite with microbial additive.

Any advice of drying and curing?
Drying and curing is literally about 40% of it in my opinion. I hang mine for 7 to 10 days and I make sure I'm at about 55 to 60% humidity so I'm low fans going and I try to keep it at 65 to 70 Fahrenheit. Once they're bucked off the stem I jar I'm up at least my personal candy grow into quart-size mason jars. I'll then burp them daily for the first week just a few minutes to exchange the oxygen with the gases that are expelled from the buds AKA chlorophyll LOL. After the first week I'll only burp them every few days for about 3 to 5 weeks minimum. At work however we have hundred pound batches so we have to do it a little differently, I put them in big sealed plastic totes and it works very well. Same process but plastic isn't supposed to be recommended however with those kinds of yields it's almost impossible to jar everything up. As for the silica it is mainly helped me with temp fluxes. I know there has been major stress at times when lights don't go on or it gets too hot or cold the silica certainly helps save my girls. The cal-mag I start out with a teaspoon per gallon however toward the end of grow you almost need a teaspoon and a half. The Epsom salts are great for a base when you're out of PH down LOL. Same as lemon juice helps the other way. Sounds like you know all of this happy growing brother

I am retired now. In my youth, I grew for fun, personal use and medical need. I had many good crops. For the last 20 yrs, I had to refrain from the 420 due to employment circumstances. This is my first grow since retiring. I did not keep detailed notes in those days so I am trying to read others posts, research articles from private and commercial growers posts/papers/videos and add to and relearn all my past skills. I was a peat/perlite grower in those days...Pro Mix mainly. Now I have the coco option. Seem exciting. Today, with legalization sweeping the nation and the international arena, I am astounded by all the various options in cannabis varieties and strains. Plus, in those days it was all HID and HPS. The new LED's are different, since you can run a grow at higher temps than in the past. A lot of the "modern" grow is new to me (like grow tents). Live and learn (and smoke a fatty).

Care to share the nute product you use? And, what's the "secret weapon"? Inquiring minds want to know.

Back
Top Bottom