First time in a long time - LED woes

Brutally cold, I'm in Rhode Island looking at schools with my daughter and it snowed over here. Walking around campus is making me wish we looked this summer.

Sent from my SM-N920V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Just as bad in MA today, almost froze to death taking my daughters out grocery shopping.

Third LED was hung today (wish it wasn't 14F outside - COLD!)

IMG_3590.jpg

IMG_3591.jpg

I don't know if this will help, but I added some ducting to my passive intake, and adjust the height of the open end of the ducting to help control heat in the tent. If tent is a bit cool, I raise the end of the duct towards the ceiling, if tent is a bit warm, I lower the duct towards the cooler air near floor level. This actually helps more than I thought it might. In the picture, intake duct is at top roght of smaller tent. Air flows into veg tent, then out to flower tent, then exhausted outside. Using 6" fan and ducting. YMMV.
The MJ blanket on the flower tent is to help prevent light leaks through the door zipper.
20170304_150419.JPG
20170301_092750.JPG

I saw some dude use one of these, covered it with a box and made hole where he stuck one end of duct to the grow room. It helped him in cold weather. I was going to do the same my temps were low. But thankfully they are cool.

Sent from my SM-G920F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks. Going to look into these, but my wife is just not convinced these are safe options though. Plants are flowering slowly though. But, I'm still not sold on the LEDs:

IMG_3603.jpg

Too many plants, too cold a space and even with 300wX2 and 600watt LED, I can't help but feel not enough light.

Still, the flowers are growing, I'm just worried they will ripen before they hit any kind of size

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

Any heat lamp bulb should help raise the temperature in your closet if you have insulated properly. Have you tried simply adding one or two to your closet?

LED's are great for doing the job they were designed for, the low heat output was actually a benefit.

Thanks, temp hasn't really been a problem since I added the third LED and it warmed up a little outside. Just not too happy with this grow in general, seems like it's going to be a lot of popcorn bud. Plants have been super healthy, but just aren't filling in as I had hoped.

Temps have stabilized from 65 at night to 78 during the day - not ideal, but good enough I guess. Lots of red hairs for only around 30 days (maybe from the cold stress), but trichs look ok, so while I'm concerned, I'm pushing on....

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0002_1.jpg

DSC_0005_1.jpg

DSC_0012_1.jpg

Temps have stabilized from 65 at night to 78 during the day - not ideal, but good enough I guess. Lots of red hairs for only around 30 days (maybe from the cold stress), but trichs look ok, so while I'm concerned, I'm pushing on....

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0002_1.jpg

DSC_0005_1.jpg

DSC_0012_1.jpg
65-78. Hell that's perfect. Am I doing it wrong?
Blooming away in my tiny, cold closet :) adding a third LED this weekend.

IMG_3570.jpg

"Be a man not a kid, smoke pot by the lid".......Bucky

65-78. Hell that's perfect. Am I doing it wrong?

Before I added the third LED (and when it was colder outside), I was seeing nighttime temps in the high50s/low 60s, and only like 70 tops during the day. I'd like to run at 80 during the day and 70 at night.

Before I added the third LED (and when it was colder outside), I was seeing nighttime temps in the high50s/low 60s, and only like 70 tops during the day. I'd like to run at 80 during the day and 70 at night.
Ahhh well you are doing great.

Still growing away. I've picked some of the lower/side colas - been smoking the gold leaf, nice stuff with a very characteristic smell.

IMG_3744.jpg

IMG_3737.jpg

Back
Top Bottom