First timer, 5 days into 12/12

tallboy2023

Canopy was even and flat before I flipped. The bigger branches are started stretch fast. Do I let them run or train them back somehow?

C67D4EB0-DE93-497C-8D24-586BD895AC63.jpeg

Plants look healthy and happy. I am pretty sure they have just begun to stretch---I was shocked my first grow and had issues with space because I let them grow into the light. How many plants and how big of tent. Those are going to need support. I suck at trellis nets and need advice on a grow I am currently in so I am no help there. But it does look to me those cola's are going to need support and if thats another plant behind it a trellis would be my go to if I was concerned about and even canopy. They will most likely be "trainable" for another week or so until they harden up. Or you could just get creative and bend them over and tie to pot.

Plants look healthy and happy. I am pretty sure they have just begun to stretch---I was shocked my first grow and had issues with space because I let them grow into the light. How many plants and how big of tent. Those are going to need support. I suck at trellis nets and need advice on a grow I am currently in so I am no help there. But it does look to me those cola's are going to need support and if thats another plant behind it a trellis would be my go to if I was concerned about and even canopy. They will most likely be "trainable" for another week or so until they harden up. Or you could just get creative and bend them over and tie to pot.
I can't see pics worth a damn...need to worry about my own trellis. Good luck you are on your way to a good ending it looks like

I would consider trellising if you want the even canopy. I bet the tall cola's grow another 2-3x what they already have. To give you an idea of stretch these are what I have going on tonight. My feeble attempt at a scrog. I let it get away from me. Two gelato's and two white widows in 5 gal pots 4x4 tent. Tonight will be my final defoliation and trellis. May post pic and ask for advice from some serious trellis guys. My white widow is from seedsman. Day 16 after flip to flower

IMG-7338.jpg

IMG-7339.jpg

Canopy was even and flat before I flipped. The bigger branches are started stretch fast. Do I let them run or train them back somehow?

C67D4EB0-DE93-497C-8D24-586BD895AC63.jpeg
I let mine run on 12/12 for three weeks before I flipped to 20/4 - but mine are autos. Don't seem like yours are?

They are looking luscious!! Doing a good job they look very happy

Be safe ✌🏻 👌🏻

I watched a YouTube video of a guy really explaining in detail this process. So just went for it the way he taught me. They have taken well to it and it seems like all that wasted energy and nutrient distribution is now being put to much better use on my flowers. I see you have 4 ladies? Maybe experiment on one? See how she bears with the change....if the lowest fan leaves etc are not seeing much light anyway. I'd lose them and work up. I also have 4. I done a bit more on one and a bit less on others. Simply to experiment. Trial and error my friend.

That's my advice.

Be safe ✌🏻 👌🏻

I have 4, but 2 were struggling so I transplanted them into fabric pots and moved them into another tent to continue veg. They are kicking ass 💪🏽The lower canopy has been trimmed up nice on the 2 in flower. Not sure how much top trimming I should do. Maybe just some fan leaves covering bud sites?

That's an example of one of mine. Not in any way telling you that's how you do it. Just giving a different vision as I really experimented with this one and took most of the large fan leaves off. Left the bud sites to use its own smaller ones. Reacted well and flowering really well.....

20230325_191955.jpg

I wouldn't trim any leaves up top. I've never noticed any difference between buds that were in the shade vs those exposed to light as long as the leaves supporting those buds were getting light.
If you really want to trim I would lollipop them. Take out some of the lower growth that isn't getting any light. All that will grow down there is larf, especially given how thick and healthy your canopy is there.
To control the height you might want to look into supercropping.
@InTheShed has a tutorial on it.

Back
Top Bottom