First Timer, Any Suggestions?

They look great. I love that they look like they are reaching for the sun! A good sign of health.

Thanks Ms. Fox for the comments and for stopping by. They seem pretty healthy knock on wood let hope they stay that way. Thanks again..

Oh man the color in that strawberry cough is just killer.

Thanks for stopping by charlieMopps. Yes the strawberry cough seems to love being outdoors and loves the sun. I hope it stays that way should be another 6 weeks or so....

man every update is amazing!
+rep for that!

Thanks cigo for stopping by and the comments. The plants seem to be cooperating making it pretty easy for good updates. Lets hope knock on wood it stays that way...

Beautiful..Outdoors= best quality buds

My outdoor beauties never looked that good.. +rep

Thanks for stopping by JustAddWateR you comments are much appreciated.. I give those little girls a lot of attention and hopefully the will pay me back in the end. Thanks again for taking the time to take a look and the comments..

hi mate your grow is going great sorry can t help with the leaf browning im having similar issues as you know......inspite of your prob thou your babies look awsome keep up the good work :)

Thanks weedtastic for the comments and stopping by

13 Weeks and we are looking pretty strong. I think I have avoided any major problems. I think the Full Moon should be pretty much finished within the next few days and the other in a weak or two. Anyway thanks for taking a look and your comments.

Bubble Gum_1 13 Wks
bubble_13wks_1.jpg

Bubble Gum_2 13 Wks
bubble_13wks_2.jpg

Bubble Gum_3 13 Wks
bubble_13wks_3.jpg

Full Moon_1 13 Wks
fullmoon_13wks_1.jpg

Full Moon_2 13 Wks
fullmoon_13wks_2.jpg

Full Moon_3 13 Wks
fullmoon_13wks_3.jpg

Full Moon_4 13 Wks
fullmoon_13wks_4.jpg

Full Moon_5 13 Wks
fullmoon_13wks_5.jpg

Full Moon_6 13 Wks
fullmoon_13wks_6.jpg

Super Lemon Haze_1 13 Wks
lemon_13wks_1.jpg

Papaya_1 13 Wks
papaya1_13wks_1.jpg

Papaya1_1 13 Wks
papaya1_13wks_2.jpg

Papaya1_2 13 Wks
papaya1_13wks_3.jpg

Papaya1_4 13 Wks
papaya1_13wks_4.jpg

Papaya1_5 13 Wks
papaya1_13wks_5.jpg

Papaya2_1 3 Wks
papaya2_3wks_1.jpg

Strawberry Cough_1 13 Wks
strarberry_13wks_1.jpg

Strawberry Cough_2 13 Wks
strarberry_13wks_2.jpg

Strawberry Cough_3 13 Wks
strarberry_13wks_3.jpg

Strawberry Cough_4 13 Wks
strarberry_13wks_4.jpg

Also, I still having some issues with the fogponics/aeroponics system I built. I will post some pics in a few...

Ok, I wanted to try something new. Well its not so new. I took other peoples ideas and meshed them together to make this. Not sure if its going to work. It is riddled with issues so far and I am tackling them one at a time. But I am going to give the old collage try...

This is going to be a fog system that will go from seed and clone to final flower. (At least thats the idea.)

I am starting with 6 super lemon haze clones and 2 Durban Poison Seeds.

I am using fox farm nuts. I started with .25 tsp. per gallon for the seeds and clones.

I will be using clf's for the whole grows.

Note that its all an experiment so all things are not set in stone and can and probably will be changed many, many times....

This is how it works
fog_diagram.jpg

This is the closet it is built into.
fogponics_01.jpg

This is what the somewhat finished system look like. The box on the right holds the plants and the misting system and the fog is fed into this box to feed the plants.. There will be very little water in this box as the water that falls to the bottom drains back into the nutes res.
fogponics_6.jpg

Not sure if you can see it in this picture but the fan pushes alot of fog up to the plants. Almost too much, the fog seeps threw the lid. Still trying to figure out a solution for this one.. Also you can see on the right next to the pot that is removed that a seed actually has started to sprout. I was pretty amazed..
fogponics_4.jpg

In this pic you can see the grey tube feeds the fog into the plant chamber to feed the roots. The white pvc drains the water from the plant chamber back to the nut res..
fogponics_5.jpg

Issues so far.

Issue #1
Containing the fog has been a huge problem. Maybe I have too big of a fogger. Not sure but it seeps out every little crack it can find.

Issue #2
The res gets very warm due to the fogger which puts off a fair bit of heat and the pump that are in the res container. My solution for the time being is to put frozen water filled plastic bottles at the bottom of the plant container. The water collects at the bottom and runs through the outside of the frozen bottle and does cool down the water just enough. To around 70 degrees.

Anyway I am sure there will be alot more issues before this is over. The clones and the seeds have been in there for 5 days and they are all starting to root. Since I have has zero luck with cloning, this is already a little victory for me. we will see how it goes. Anyway as always your comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated..

Cool idea! I love how you fixed Issue #2. I'm in! +rep Your Full Moon is really neat looking. ;-)

Thanks you , Yes the full moon is my favorite. I would have liked to not have flowered to a little later in the summer but what are you going to do. Its been a nice plant and cant wait to see how it taste. If its anything like it smells its going to be a winner. Thanks again...

Hey Sonzor-

Glad to see you are trying out the Fog!

Yes, heat is definitely an issue... really THE issue right now as I don't have a cooler set up, and my grow is in an unconditioned space.

I think a ghetto cooler is needed to keep the hassle factor down - I'm planning on converting an old mini fridge for my system before I go any further.

I think the use of a fan is right on, but the smallest fan possible would be enough; anything more just pushes the fog out of the system as you've found. Maybe try blocking off the fan a little to reduce the airflow? Or diverting most of the airflow might be better for the fan.

Good luck with it... I'll be following! +reps

Hey Sonzor-

Glad to see you are trying out the Fog!

Yes, heat is definitely an issue... really THE issue right now as I don't have a cooler set up, and my grow is in an unconditioned space.

I think a ghetto cooler is needed to keep the hassle factor down - I'm planning on converting an old mini fridge for my system before I go any further.

I think the use of a fan is right on, but the smallest fan possible would be enough; anything more just pushes the fog out of the system as you've found. Maybe try blocking off the fan a little to reduce the airflow? Or diverting most of the airflow might be better for the fan.

Good luck with it... I'll be following! +reps

Thanks obxgardener for stopping by and the comments. I am researching coolers. I think it would be a little overkill for me to purchase one for the small set-up I am using. I might just try to rig up some sort of ghetto cooler. At this point I have to change out those bottle every 4 hours or so. Not that I mind but I do not get up in the middle of the night to change them and the water is very, very warm by morning. It does not seem to affect the plants yet, but I am pretty sure its on the optimum for plant growth. Then again I don't know so we will just have to see. Its a work in progress so I will tackle every issue as they come up.. As soon as the roots grow I will be turning off the water pump and use just the fog, so maybe that will help a little.

The fan is the smallest I could find. I think its 2 or 3 inches. It does push that fog well and I did divert it to slow down the flow but it still seems to find ways to escape. Maybe that is just the nature of the beast. Not much information out there to compare with. Anyway I am going to try a thicker seal around the rim to see if that helps.

Anyway thanks again...

very nice system!,btw plants looks so big they are just perfect for my eyes!:)

Thanks cigo for the comment and taking a look..

Back
Top Bottom