Florida, late June, outside, Flowering, Why?

Gelite

Ok so heres the deal, I live in north florida, Im growing a strain I bread myself some years ago, mostly sativa but this is my first time growing it outside. I only have the one plant outside so no otheres to compare. This plant is flowering in late June and im in north florida. This is unheard of here. Were talking september, october, maybe november to begin flowering here, not june/july....... The history of this plant: I started this plant from seed along with 21 other surviving plants. I planted 3 of the 22 outside. one died, one never grew after the move outside. It stayed alive but never grew. I dug it up, put it back inside until it started to grow again. I then moved it back outside a week ago. Its doing great but its history is not quite the same as the one that is flowering. The one in the pics thats flowering was inside under 23 hours of light for a month. I then moved it outside about 5 weeks ago. It didnt grow for about 2 weeks, then it started to BLOW THE FUCK UP!!! When it was inside and for about 3 weeks I just used a popular everyday fertalizer. About 2 weeks ago I ordered Advance's Jungle juice line of nuts. I have been feeding it the Veg mix of that for about 2 weeks. When I started using the jungle juice it blew up some more. It started to flower about 5 days ago or at least thats when I noticed the first pistals. I then went to the flowering mix and it then shot pistals out of just about every node and internode. NO DOUBT she is flowering all over. Despite not knowing the sex of the plant I took clones 3 days before I noticed the pistals because A. its the only veging plant with latterals I have left, and B. Statistically it has to be female. Out of 22 surviving plants only 6 were female when i induced floereing. 14 plants ended up male and I had 2 still vegging, the 2 outside. Statisticly it had to be female so I took clones and I was going to sacrifice one to sex the plant. Now, to my suprise I know. Now what do you guys think may be causing this plant to flower now. Its 90 degrees outside and the sun goes down about 8:15pm and comes up about 6:65. Thats close to 15 hours of sun. Clearly it should not be flowering. This is going to be one HUGE bitch! I tried to get a get picture of the preflowers but my phone just wont focus that close. Ill try again tomorrow...........
Picture_05128.jpg
Picture_06117.jpg
Picture_06321.jpg
Picture_12710.jpg
Picture_1299.jpg
Picture_1319.jpg
Picture_13211.jpg
Picture_13311.jpg
Picture_13411.jpg
Picture_1637.jpg
Picture_1657.jpg
Picture_1689.jpg
Picture_1698.jpg
pistols21.JPG

Re: Florida, late june, outside, FLOWERING, Why???

I have no idea how outside grows work, but is it possible it is just showing sex and not into full flower. We have been growing since december and 90% of our plants will show sex in the veg room, but wont start full flower until we put them under 12/12. We have only had a handful of plants that actually needed 12/12 before they would show sex.

I personally have never had that happen but grew years inside only on a 18/6 veg 8/16flower I've also never grown Ruderalis or "auto flower" hybrid strains. This is NOT a Ruderalis hybrid. It's already over 10 weeks old. If your seeing pistols in the veg room I would think you were growing auto flower strains, even if u don't know it. This plant vegged under 2000 watts of hid light for over a month inside and were under floros for 2 weeks as a seedlingso it were inside close to 2 months and has been outside 5 weeks. Auto flower/Ruderalis hybrids would be curing already. Now if you are not growing from regular seed, flowered, killed the males, and finished out the remaining female plants then I can't say what u may have going on I've never sexed a plant in the veg room but with today's geneticks u can't say what the background really is. I checked and there is 14:05 hours of day Today Sunrise 6:55am sunset 7:55pm also, I'm not talking about a couple of pistols, there everywhere they should b. e

Picture_1785.jpg
Picture_17710.jpg
Picture_1765.jpg
Picture_1759.jpg
Picture_1748.jpg
Picture_17310.jpg
Picture_1729.jpg
Picture_1719.jpg

She is flowering her ass off, no doubt! Look how bushy it got in just 2 days? The picture with the 2 liter soda bottle in it was 2 days ago. These picks in this post were taken today. This thing is massive, at least to me it is. I grow indoors mostly. Its far bigger than it looks because its so big around. It had 5 clippings taken before it flowered and that has helped to make it bushy. Its almost 5 ft tall now and about 4 ft wide...........Plant of the month material perhaps?????? Well see how she looks at the end of the month.

Hey All I am Here in Florida.
Just let her go and watch what happens. I has seen my fair share of this that are not supposed to happen. I cross many strains, some indoor only and some I split time in and outside. weather you let them go to seed or from a clone. I don't count the first generation, only the second crop. This lets the plant evolve. I learned from an old timer ( 25 years ago) that a plant from seed takes 2 or 3 generations to adjust to your ways and it new location. MEANING: the mother plant that seeded, it`s environment determined what it is. So the seed you sprout now has different mothers milk. The water, sunlight, dirt, PH and climate is totally different from what the mom used to make them with. So it takes two grows for the new plant to evolve with this new and different resources. Each time improving with evolution and you think you are doing the right things. They are all different and just keep track of what happens, and don't worry about expecting this to happen. I have time with outdoor grows, I have found that the times 24 on for 4 weeks, then 18/6 for 6 weeks. So indoor when you do go to 12/12 it is set and uniform. Right down to lights on and off, a regiment and the plant expects / is now conditioned to this. Outside is so "variable" day to day it is hard to get results you can chart or graph like indoors provide. I had over nuit`ed one of 4 plants. They were sisters and I had to flush it and not the other 3. We got rain every day for 6 straight days and clouds for 2 more. It wigged out was 2 weeks ahead of the others and lost like "25%" yield. So what I have found out about outdoors is " you never know". These little lady`s are 8 weeks and just 6 inches tall in pot. They should start to sky rocket here any day. I will transplant in two weeks and see what happens. .....Pineapple Chunk and Northern Lights/ Belladonna cross from two separate seeds and braided there stems. They would be 14 inches tall but trained them and right now just 6 inches tall. My goal 24 to 28 inches 45 days from 12/12 and Trich`s still milky and "looking to change " to amber. I don't care how many weeks it takes to get to 12 /12. My indoor time is with CFL`s and with the reduced power, I have found the plants take longer to produce leaves and height but the roots really develop better from this " less watts / power more time exposed. :thumb:

:420:
IMG_0004_13_.JPG

IMG_0003_16_.JPG

034108.JPG

04569.JPG

04087.JPG

OP said had plant at 23h/day lights on for a month indoors, then moved outside. From this site, I've read several times now that if a plant is on 24h light indoors, it'll start flowering as soon as it goes outdoors. Maybe 23h of light daily was enough to make it flower as soon as she got outside?

north florida...:ganjamon:

I've had some troubles growing outdoors too. I'll give you some good advice.
1.COVER your pots/bags/whatever-you-grow-in with a lid during the summer! Also use mulch! This prevents too much water from flooding your soil during those super rainy days (more like weeks). Also prevents the roots from drying out too fast when it gets hot.
2. Use lots and lots of perlite! At Least 50% or more.
3. Grow on North-facing slopes!! Find a spot that is facing North and gets direct sunlight at least from the early morning to 1:00 pm, preferably longer. This could've been the reason why your plant was flowering early.
Dont know the direction of your slope? Get a compass you lazy ass stoner.
4. Grow on the top of a hill or slope! This is a big one! Just try growing in a rut and tell me how well it goes when it starts to rain. LOLL
5. DO NOT grow too early! I started a few of my plants outside during late february last year, thinking i was getting a head start and they were gonna be monsters. WRONG! They started flowering up until late march, reverted to veg, and then the remaining buds rotted from too much moisture and the plants died. I would reccommend transplanting outdoors during mid-march or early april.
6. Tie down or LST your plants in case of a tropical storm. Especially indicas and hybrids! I had a group of plants survive a large storm a couple years ago. They got beaten up and a tree fell down less than 3 feet away... luckily all survived!
7. You may want to feed additional nutrients if your plants do get flooded.
8. Invest in good sativa genetics! They grow tall and strong, and have more than enough time to flower around here (up until october/mid november). Actually, the late-flowering disposition of sativas is another advantage for us: they start flowering around september, just as the floods of rain subside. This means more protection from bud rot.

Ok so heres the deal, I live in north florida, Im growing a strain I bread myself some years ago, mostly sativa but this is my first time growing it outside. I only have the one plant outside so no otheres to compare. This plant is flowering in late June and im in north florida. This is unheard of here. Were talking september, october, maybe november to begin flowering here, not june/july....... The history of this plant: I started this plant from seed along with 21 other surviving plants. I planted 3 of the 22 outside. one died, one never grew after the move outside. It stayed alive but never grew. I dug it up, put it back inside until it started to grow again. I then moved it back outside a week ago. Its doing great but its history is not quite the same as the one that is flowering. The one in the pics thats flowering was inside under 23 hours of light for a month. I then moved it outside about 5 weeks ago. It didnt grow for about 2 weeks, then it started to BLOW THE FUCK UP!!! When it was inside and for about 3 weeks I just used a popular everyday fertalizer. About 2 weeks ago I ordered Advance's Jungle juice line of nuts. I have been feeding it the Veg mix of that for about 2 weeks. When I started using the jungle juice it blew up some more. It started to flower about 5 days ago or at least thats when I noticed the first pistals. I then went to the flowering mix and it then shot pistals out of just about every node and internode. NO DOUBT she is flowering all over. Despite not knowing the sex of the plant I took clones 3 days before I noticed the pistals because A. its the only veging plant with latterals I have left, and B. Statistically it has to be female. Out of 22 surviving plants only 6 were female when i induced floereing. 14 plants ended up male and I had 2 still vegging, the 2 outside. Statisticly it had to be female so I took clones and I was going to sacrifice one to sex the plant. Now, to my suprise I know. Now what do you guys think may be causing this plant to flower now. Its 90 degrees outside and the sun goes down about 8:15pm and comes up about 6:65. Thats close to 15 hours of sun. Clearly it should not be flowering. This is going to be one HUGE bitch! I tried to get a get picture of the preflowers but my phone just wont focus that close. Ill try again tomorrow...........
Picture_05128.jpg
Picture_06117.jpg
Picture_06321.jpg
Picture_12710.jpg
Picture_1299.jpg
Picture_1319.jpg
Picture_13211.jpg
Picture_13311.jpg
Picture_13411.jpg
Picture_1637.jpg
Picture_1657.jpg
Picture_1689.jpg
Picture_1698.jpg
pistols21.JPG

I'm in north Fl as well and had the same problem, It started budding on july 25th
My plant is short as shit because of it too ... I have two plants growing

One is just useless and the other is doing pretty well, as of right now my one good plant has some damn big buds on it for only the 5 week of budding .. For a plant that is only 3 feet tall, I think I might be getting an LB out of it

Back
Top Bottom