Flower concern

Gdubya

420 Member
My first grow. A
20190821_184739.jpg
little concerned about brown hairs. See pic.

I have been concerned about that as well. Question though, everything I read says 12 hours of daylight triggers flowering. I'm 4 weeks from equinox. I am in Indiana and frost can occur in late October. Should I bring it in at some point? It is potted.

I have been concerned about that as well. Question though, everything I read says 12 hours of daylight triggers flowering. I'm 4 weeks from equinox. I am in Indiana and frost can occur in late October. Should I bring it in at some point? It is potted.
Keep in mind that the equinox is set up by astronomers and not farmers or agricultural minded scientists, at least as far as I know.

The plant will start to produce the hormone that affects flowering when it receives 12 hours or more of darkness. I figure that does not mean 12 or less of daylight. Very next chance possible try to get up before sunrise as it is listed in the sunrise/sunset charts for your closest large city. The sun might have risen but there is not enough quality sunlight yet. It takes about an hour or a touch more for the sun to get high enough above the horizon to throw that quality light on the plants. Also, mountains, hills, trees, shrubs, buildings, fences and more can block that light while the sun is close to the horizon. Same goes at sunset. Sun might not have set but it is getting close to the horizon and is being blocked again.

If we are waiting for that 12 hours of darkness to stimulate the flowering hormones I figure that it starts sometime around when the sunrise/sunset charts show 14 hours of daylight which produces about 12 hours of quality light and 2 hours of weak sunlight and 10 hours of darkness. Naturally, every day closer to the equinox and then beyond the dark period just gets longer and longer.

Enjoy the day.

What say ye about this little guy in my bud.
Looks like a regular spider to me. Can't say for sure unless I can enlarge the photo some more with my digital darkroom programs.

I leave the spiders alone (they are not spider mites). Remember, some people consider it bad luck to kill a spider. On my patio plants I have just a few signs of any insect damage and have not seen any mites in weeks. I figure that the spiders come along and take care of their portion of the life cycle and move on.

Keep in mind that the equinox is set up by astronomers and not farmers or agricultural minded scientists, at least as far as I know.

The plant will start to produce the hormone that affects flowering when it receives 12 hours or more of darkness. I figure that does not mean 12 or less of daylight. Very next chance possible try to get up before sunrise as it is listed in the sunrise/sunset charts for your closest large city. The sun might have risen but there is not enough quality sunlight yet. It takes about an hour or a touch more for the sun to get high enough above the horizon to throw that quality light on the plants. Also, mountains, hills, trees, shrubs, buildings, fences and more can block that light while the sun is close to the horizon. Same goes at sunset. Sun might not have set but it is getting close to the horizon and is being blocked again.

If we are waiting for that 12 hours of darkness to stimulate the flowering hormones I figure that it starts sometime around when the sunrise/sunset charts show 14 hours of daylight which produces about 12 hours of quality light and 2 hours of weak sunlight and 10 hours of darkness. Naturally, every day closer to the equinox and then beyond the dark period just gets longer and longer.

Enjoy the day.

Shade light or low angle light is far red - the increased amount of that far red is what triggers the hormone response in the leaves.

Things happen pretty fast with a lot of far red with plants growing and maturing.

All you gotta do is look at peoples flower gardens. They are in the middle of the last grow spurt. Cannabis will do the same.

IF its a fast flower, you should be ok. They flower fast, you will see, prolly already are seeing it.

Frost is the killer.

If the plant is stunted new growth with twisting leaves??

Its a virus transmitted by leaf hoppers.

Some plants will grow out of it. Some will not and then it can be spread to other plants.

The vector is usually leaf hoppers. They are pretty small and fly. Best to get a fan in there if you are indoors. IF you are outdoors its a tough call. I'd cull the infected plants. Indoors you need to get rid of the leaf hoppers.

If its a virus its a bad one. It's world wide now on a large scale with cannabis and hemp.

Edit:

Look up "aster yellows" - this is what is affecting cannabis.

Looks healthy, no stunted or mis shaped leaves. More tirchomes there than elsewhere on the plant. This is outdoors.

Nice - maybe some purps in the genetics then. Keep an eye out tho.

The virus I was talking about is prominent outdoors moving from West to East.

There's some growers I know in norcal - have it bad. They are burning plants now.

If you have sticky traps set one up and see if you have any leaf hoppers. That's where the problems are coming from.

GL with your outdoor grow.

I have the same purpling thing happening with my outdoor Gelat.OG and Black Domina. I tend to think the plant is healthy as my Gelat.OG is a reveg and the buds on them also turned a light purple colour in my tent grow. The Black Domina I have grown twice but don’t remember either of them changing colour but have seen them go purple with other online pics I have seen. I’m located in Southern Ontario

F35D8233-66FA-45E0-8B7C-DF6D4E06FA16.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom