Flower Report G13 Haze 180W

Re: Flower Report G13 Haze GLH 180W

Lookin nice as usual ;)

I just wanna put my little tidbit in about worms and pot plants. Well to make a long story short, I think if you want to use worms you really need 500+ worms, and plenty of DEEP soil for them to thrive. Worms like a couple feet under the top soil unless the top is really moist(high humidity zones, jungles, etc).

I had a plant that I flowered out in a 2 gallon plant pot, just being curious about worms I put like a good 30-50 normal sized earthworms in the bottom of the plant before transplanting into the pot(all organic btw). Well fast forward to harvest day, I pull out the root base and low and behold there is nothing, no castings, no rotting worm corpses, nothing. It seems she ate all the worms I put in there. Whether they did any difference or not I do not know.

I ran a plant side by side with her and she was actually bigger than the plant with worms so who knows.

So maybe your plant will eat that worm and absorb all the lovely nutrients it has to offer, keep it up!

Crunk:
Thanks for the comment but the worms also make that there is more oxygen in the earth. So thats one extra benefit.
I can't believe that the plant actually ate the worms :p but i should put some more worms in thats for sure.
And wich plant was bigger? bit confused

Hemi:
Here is the link for the side by side if you want to see. Its not really perfect as it runs on less watt, but it will give some idea what it can do.

Today she's 38 days into flower and like i said buds are getting frostier and fatter and she seems healthy exept from some minor leaf spots.
I had some trouble like i said in my previous post with everything getting to bushy and not being able to put the branches further apart from each other with those barbeque sticks.
So i came up with some iron ........ (lost name, you'll see in pics) and tied it upto the edges of tent and now i have so much more light on all the growtips, i'm amazed on how effective it was I spended 4 hours doing it all, with alot of slacking tho.
Alsmost everything has full light. A total of 25 grow tips have undisturbed light, the one is closer to the light than the other tho but still good.
Amazing how much you can learn from 1 grow.

Here are the pics i have so long slacked with:
Before all the work:
38_days_flower_016.jpg

38_days_flower_006.jpg

After:
38_days_flower_AFTER_001.jpg

38_days_flower_AFTER_006.jpg

38_days_flower_AFTER_002.jpg

Had a branch that snapped some days ago was getting worse with the weight increase so came up with a litlle crutch

38_days_flower_AFTER_005.jpg

Thanks for the link Sana. Your lady is looking lovely. Love the crutch, nessecity is the mother of enginuity!

I dig the idea of opening up the plant so to speak to let more light in, great idea!

To answer your question, the plant that I grew that yielded more and was bigger was in fact the plant NOT wormed. I can't actually say if it was a genetic thing or not, but the plant that I did worm seemed to give a better high. Both seeds were grown from the same kind of bag seed. In fact if I remember right both seeds came from the same nug, as I only found 4 seeds in that bag. 1 was male, 1 was a runt, so that left me with 2 healthy females.

But yeah, in general I think worms are a great idea. One quick word of advice though, I wouldn't use worms with chemical ferts. I don't think they appreciate the salts too much; I would imagine they like just plain fertile earth, hence earthworms.

Thanks guys :d

I dig the idea of opening up the plant so to speak to let more light in, great idea!

To answer your question, the plant that I grew that yielded more and was bigger was in fact the plant NOT wormed. I can't actually say if it was a genetic thing or not, but the plant that I did worm seemed to give a better high. Both seeds were grown from the same kind of bag seed. In fact if I remember right both seeds came from the same nug, as I only found 4 seeds in that bag. 1 was male, 1 was a runt, so that left me with 2 healthy females.

But yeah, in general I think worms are a great idea. One quick word of advice though, I wouldn't use worms with chemical ferts. I don't think they appreciate the salts too much; I would imagine they like just plain fertile earth, hence earthworms.

Weird of the plants, maybe it didn't have any effect and you just fed the one plant less.
Yes but in the earth in your garden there are also salts.

Its this "guide" that really opened my eyes, only thing i found that instead of cutting the branches that point to the bottom you can bend them if you really want to and thus don't lose any branches, thus more weed.
Site:
An Overview of Cannabis Training (ScrOG, SoG, FIM, Supercrop, LST, etc.) - Marijuana Cultivation - Growery Message Board

Today she is 42 days in flower and hairs are already beginning to become brown whilst she needed 11 weeks normaly thats another 34 days so i think she will be done much more earlier, i have some pictures that u can see. I'll take some pics wednesday in normal sunlight for better view.
Buds are already frosty as hell tho, really glad about it, i never had a plant that was so frosty before. But the buds don't seem to gain any weight inthe 3 days that i didn't see her.

Here are the pics:
42_days_flower_001.jpg

42_days_flower_002.jpg

42_days_flower_005.jpg

42_days_flower_003.jpg

42_days_flower_004.jpg

she has grown nicely bro, very nice. nice and frosty like u said. if i was still over there, id be comin over :)

Hehe that would be nice :tokin:
Sorry about your plants staffy!

I haven't been on the forum for some days now because i was sick.

Today she's 50 into flower and have some pictures to show.
Old fan leaves are turning yellow and are dying.
I guess its typical N defecienty at the last days and nothing to worry about?
Its on the pictures you'll see.

Buds are getting nice and all the hairs are already brown. Checked the trichs and theyre not turning amber yet so thats good i can let them swell some more :)

Lowered the lamp also a great deal. Its not so hot and have a fan blowing the hot air away.

Pics:
day_50_flower_010.jpg

day_50_flower_006.jpg

day_50_flower_003.jpg

day_50_flower_002.jpg

Bad news, I opened the tent yesterday and saw that the fan had fallen down. As one of the branches was attached to this for bending it, it came with it and has torn the branch with the crutch down.

Tried to tape it together but it didn't work and saw this morning that all the leaves were curling against the bud. Wasn't any use to leave the branch there so i removed the branch from the plant. The leaves from the bud are a bit brownish never saw that before.
Trimd it earlier and i'm gonna have a test smoke of some of the popcorn buds on the branch some of these days.
Ah well, shit happens :cool:

Will take some pics on sunday when i get back at home.

Today she's 55 days into flower and buds are starting to swell.
Looked trough a 20x glass and didn't see any trichomes that were starting to color but all the pestils are brown.

Here are some pics:
day_50_flower_0101.jpg

day_50_flower_008.jpg

day_50_flower_0061.jpg

day_50_flower_0021.jpg

Lost the pictures somewhere on my pc. Will take some new pics on sunday.
Not much is changing on the plant so its not that youre missing something.

I smoked some of the popcorn buds that came from the amputated branch wich was still a little wet but smokeable and came to the conclusion that it didn't taste anything like haze.
I don't know if the flavonoids develop in the last stages of the plant but seems kinda odd to me. Also the smell is sweet but doesn't smell in any way like haze.
Maybe it will come with the cure but i highly doubt it. The bud was harvested too early so it could be that.

I have bought some haze when it was still a bit wet and even then it smelled damn fine. That isn't what i have now.

It would make sense as the plant had already all brown pestils that greenlabel gave me the wrong seed. she's not even 60 days old and i will have to harvest in 1 or 2 weeks as the trichs are beginning to turn amber. Maybe i'm just paranoid i don't know.

Any idea's/comments?

About the haze deal, I suspect you got a g13 leaning phenotype. Typically, a GOOD haze takes 12-20 weeks for full maturity. Most of these are at least 90%+ sativa. Now let's look at g13 haze(assuming no other genetics have been involved), g13(full blown indica, from my understanding) x haze(~100% sativa).

This will get you a 50/50 hybrid. My personal guess is, you got the indica side of the cross. Judging from your pictures, I would say this rings true. A true sativa can grow up to 4 times its height in flower. Yours well, even trained it was manageable. I do notice that you have narrow leaves, so it is possible the haze genetics are there. My assumption is that the breeder bred for speed in flowering. Typically, most growers don't like the long flowering times, so there is more appeal in a shorter flowering time for most growers.

Another thing that deters people from a true haze, is the fact that even a fully matured wonderful plant will give you low yields of the highest quality(unless grown outdoors like nature intended, then you will get high yields). If you had more beans from the same seed pool, you may find a more sativa leaning plant. Again, looking at your pictures, I would say that you got the indica side of the cross.

If you don't mind me asking, did the breeder provide any sort of pedigree or lineage of the strain? G13 is pretty straightforward but there are tons and tons of different types of haze. It's possible the haze they were working with was already an indica cross. So then you're G13 'haze' is only 25% sativa. So it's really hard to say what's going on here without knowing what the strain lineage is.

Personally, G13 haze seems to me to be a strain that sucks people in because of the name. It's entirely my opinion but it doesn't seem all that appealing to me.

Don't get me wrong your plant looks in fantastic shape and it will be a good smoke I'm sure, but a true haze, no sir.

Hope this helps :)

Yes it was very interesting, learned much from it. :)
Next time when i do a haze i'll check for a strain that matures long enough. Maybe a super lemon haze would be nice. But that would be in the far future :p

The only thing they say about the strain lineage is this:

"To improve yield and taste, the G-13 has been crossed with a pure haze."

Yesterday i was planning to harvest but on second tought i will let her stay another week as i don't want to make the mistake of doing it too early.

So i need your advice, should i take her down?

All the leafs are dying and most trichomes are brown also the little leafs and parts of the bud are decoloring.

Here are a few pictures of a bud i just had to cut off because she was turning ?brown? ,it is only a part of the bud. But never seen this before. It can be budrot because humidity is too low and the buds that have colouring aren't the big ones.
pluk_005.JPG

pluk_004.JPG

pluk_002.JPG

Here are the rest of the pictures:

64_days_flower_020.jpg

64_days_flower_002.jpg

64_days_flower_018.jpg

64_days_flower_013.jpg

64_days_flower_011.jpg

64_days_flower_008.jpg

64_days_flower_003.jpg

That's a beautiful plant, Sana!
Exactly what I'm shooting for on my grow....SCROGless SCROG!

Yes it works well but i think scrog will cost less work.
But after a bit of experience without the screen you learn what the most effective things are. In beginning I was doing 2 hours over something i could do in 30 minutes.
Also learned that working with those sticks is not so effective as the branch is usually stronger than the force that is bending it + i think i must have done some root damage with all those sticks in the ground pulling them out and putting back in.
So I work now with iron thread and i attach it the the sides of the tent its so easy with that.

You have some pics of your grow?

Will be checking it out. Are you going to do the screenless scrog ?

Yup. That's the plan so far. I just want an even canopy and the scrog seems kinda difficult. I think it would be easier with a strain you had already grown and was familiar with growth characteristics, mainly the amount of stretch during flower.

Back
Top Bottom