DSCN2956.JPG
DSCN29551.JPG
DSCN2953.JPG
DSCN29521.JPG
DSCN29492.JPG
DSCN29481.JPG
DSCN2947.JPG
DSCN29462.JPG

After I buy a water cooler, I'm getting a camera! Sorry no close ups. They just didn't come out. Sorry.

Thanks as always for the prompt and informative response X. Your the best. One of these days actually learn to do things on this site and give you rep. I'm sure yours is through the roof anyway, but you know you have mine. I hope your doing well, it sounds like it. Your new set up is awsome. Thers do many ways to grow its amazing. 420fied has that hempy thing DOWN man. It makes me want to try it my box. I want to learn to use what iv got before I jump around. I want to pick just the right strain to learn on and do several runs with untill I'v got a good handle on things. Iv got a weeks to order. I'm thinking that that snow white, or Blue Cheese. It's shorter, so I kinda like that. But 420fied makes that snow white look damn sexy.... Well see

Thanks again!

Idk why but if I get closer than six inches my pics are blurry. Sorry guys.

But things are going good. Should be about one more week according to the calendar, but well see what the plant says. I have six good pineapple express autos and two stunted ones waiting to go in the flower chamber. So I hope it's not much more than a week.

That long? Check out the pics I just posted and let me know what you think. I took them today. I'm certainly not disagreeing with you, I'd be a fool to try. I'm just your typical over anxious noob. Iv got like 5k$ and many many hours wrapped up in this so I'm ready for it to pay off ya know. But I don't want to wait this long a F it up by not waiting a few more days or a week.

Those autos are going so fast though, I want to move them over. I should have waited to start them.

I'm actually realy fortunate to be getting better medicine than I normally get. Bit Id rather use my own. My wife gets upset every time I score cuz I told her once we buy the box, we wouldn't need to buy me decline. So I spent 5k and three months later I'm spending MORE on medecine than before. The good stuffs not cheap man. Not where I live. Oh well, such is life.

I still think it could be 10-14 days -- maybe even more. Some plants just finish fast though, so maybe not that long (I think so though). Looks great though! :goodjob:

You want the "false seed pods" (the pistils come out of them, it's where a seed would be) to be really plump, and the pistils to be dying and receding into them. When it's ready, most of the plant's pistils will be brown or reddish colored, shriveled and receded. Some of its preference, but you'll lose size/weight and quality if you harvest too soon. Usually at least 70-80% brown/red pistils when ready (not many whites). Also, they shouldn't be sticking out much anymore.

They bulk up a lot towards the end sometimes. I know you're anxious, but you've waited this long - don't skimp at the end and ruin your yield if you can help it.

As far as trichomes, they're a tool to help judge ripeness too. I look for mine to be mostly milky with a small percent amber. Some people like more amber than that, but more amber = less potency and more sleepy effects.

Having said all that, your other plants might be demanding a change sooner than when this one is done, so you'll have to make that call. looks like those autos are taking off!

One thing you can do - start taking sample buds and drying them. Snip a few lower on the plant if you need to/want to to tide you over so you don't have to buy more... They're done enough for that no prob. Soon you'll be supplying your own demand - it takes some time at the beginning - I know how hard that is!!

How many days have you been under 12/12 lighting with the bloomer? What strain is it again (sorry I'm blanking).

Great job -almost there!

Well fortunately this week has been so busy it has kept my mind off the plants. But ny autos are so freaking big I have to move them. So Monday is harvest day. I'll post some pics in a minute. And more Monday morning.

I read your thread about brownies, X, and my wife seems confident she can make them. Maybe she'll eat one and I can finally get her stoned after all these years, lol.

Updates soon!

Well, I'm done curing for the first week, and I'm very happy. Iv lost 65% in weight so far. I'm sure it'll eek out another ten by the time it's realy done. If it lasts that long. Between what iv shared with friends and smoked, it's well over half gone, lol. I get a couple ounces in pocket and I start loading bong hits like I'm the fn Scare Face of pot.

For those keeping track, you'll remember my mom I threw out side. She got a couple weeks yet, but should yield double. I'm waiting on that to wrap up the journal.

Hi Foghorn -

I'm really happy for you - sounds like they turned out good. Pretty awesome to be able to grow your own, huh? Your grow and experiences really brought back some good memories for me of my first grow. It's stressful, exciting, nerve-wracking and oh so rewarding once you start packing bowls with something you grew yourself, huh? Like I said, this is a lot harder than it looks - even with a nice machine like yours - so be proud and enjoy the fruits of your labors my friend! :high-five:

Oh, and I have a new journal going (somewhat continuation of my old one I guess). Would love to have you around if you get the time: Xlr8's Quest For The Best - 2012

Hope you have a great rest of the weekend! :)

All right. It's been awhile since iv updated but it's finally all done and ready to wrap up. The Bud yielded 2.5oz from the box. Plus another two from the one the one that got tossed out side. That's 4.5 for my first time in. Not too bad. The quality was good. Could be better. Especially the one that finished outside. Super fluffy. But it's costing me 400$ an oz where I live, so 4.5 is 1800$ of savings. That's the first run.

The second run of Pineapple Express auto turned out great! There was actually a auto mazar and some other freebie thrown in. I forgot the other freebie and the mazar got too tall so it got put outside. It's still not done, but the buds look super fluffy. It won't yield much. But I got 3.25oz's from the ones in the box. And I harvested those a mere 4 weeks after the Big Bud. That's 7.75 oz's in 4 months. Not bad. I figure I'm into the box and all the other stuff 5000$. So I need 12oz to pay for it. I'm over half there!

I'm sure the autos would have done better, but they got way to crowded on the veg side. One got big and squished the others. That one went on to produce about half of the total yield from all four. So it definatly stunted the others.

I bought a 1/10 water chiller off Craigslist for 100$. It needs a o ring, so I ordered it and am waiting. I have 8 Big Bang autos started and a Blue Cheese I'm going to make a mom. I'm waiting to move them over until I get the chiller hooked up.

As a closing note, I'd like to give all the credit for this grow to Xlr8. If not for his journals, I probably never would have made the leap to buy a box. And once I got it, was X that made me feel like I could do it. And I did! If I can, ANYBODY can. Between the engineers at BCNL, and the knowledge and wonderful ppl on this site, it's all there for anybody that cares to read a lil and spend a lil. The box wasn't cheap, but worth every penny. Once iv recouped all the cash iv spent, I plan doing a 750w LED upgrade. That plus the chiller, and I should have an ideal environment, just a lil small. But the main thing is the ppl here. You can't beat the company here. Thanks to all those who chimed in along the way. I know this wasn't the best journal, but the next will be better. Thanks again X!

This journal may now be moved to completed.

sounds like another great grow for 420.Most grows I read here have at least some sort of success with all the suport the members here give freely to help others.Plus reps for your success and much sucess on your next grows to come.:bravo::peace:

Back
Top Bottom