1st Time Grow - Flowergirl21's - White Widow - Bloombox - Hydro - Manifold Technique

Re: 1st Time Grow - Flowergirl21's - White Widow - Bloombox - Hydro - Manifold Techni

Nice manifold! Great results with the hydro setup. You do not really need to defoil much, I think it stresses the plant more than needed. But thats just my observation. Now you can gradually start with LST to spread them a bit and use up all that horizontal space (Let them grow a bit). Cannot wait for the harvest I bet you will be super happy. Good luck and happy growing! :cheer: :Namaste:

Thanks! I've been following Nebula's version of the manifold, and she mentioned better yields when doing a last defol before flowering. Her point was to remove all other growth tips because it sends a signal to the plant that the 8 ones she still has are her only hope. I'm about ready to flower. I'll be LST'ing as she goes into her flowering stretch.

Aye, all that chopping stuff off seems to slow things down however it does keep things in check by the looks of it and gives one time to observe and consider things. It's like the opposite of what I've just done.....fan leaves bursting out the seams of the room so I figured it's probably time to flower them :)

Yes...I am definitely trying to keep her from growing into the ceiling, as my bloombox is fairly short. I don't think I'll have that problem, honestly, since I've done some good training on her. We shall see. It's all a learning experience right now, and if I get at least 4 zips dried and cured, I'll be happy. I mean...I was aiming for 8 zips when I originally started, but that was when I thought I would have at least two plants in flower at once. LOL. The best laid plans...

zip zip zip :cheesygrinsmiley:

Re: 1st Time Grow - Flowergirl21's - White Widow - Bloombox - Hydro - Manifold Techni

Nice training

Yup best laid plans and all :) but without trials and tribulations what would be the fun! :)
Looking forward to flower :)

Me too! I'm forging ahead--what with having to move, I need to get started! Tomorrow it is. :cheesygrinsmiley:

How's she looking Flowergirl? :icon_cool

Okay...so I didn't flip to flower yet. My living situation is way too tenuous right now. I decided to hold off on flowering because transporting everything will be easier if she is still in vegetation. I would have to remove the carbon filter (it's not on right now) to get the unit through my bedroom, and I would have to remove everything from the Bloombox to get it out the door. It needs to be up on its side to get through the front door.

I don't even know what to expect on the other end of things. I'm strictly looking at places where it's going to be possible to resume immediately, but if the worst case scenario happens...I will have to scrap everything and put the box in storage along with everything else. Then I can save up enough to get the right apartment. Let's hope it doesn't come to that. I am in full freak out mode right now. Stressed out. :(

I'm looking at a potentially amazing place on Saturday. Wish me luck please!! I need it. I'm out of this apartment no later than June 30.

Good luck Flowergirl. Can only imagine how stressful it is having to move. I'd have to take things down and start again and would be considering turning mine into more portable clones about a week before the move. I use a different hydro system though.....mine are in NFT and there's no way I can get the tanks or trays out the attic full even if I thought I could avoid the roots drying out during the move.

best of luck to you. hope things get better for u

Good luck Flowergirl. Can only imagine how stressful it is having to move. I'd have to take things down and start again and would be considering turning mine into more portable clones about a week before the move. I use a different hydro system though.....mine are in NFT and there's no way I can get the tanks or trays out the attic full even if I thought I could avoid the roots drying out during the move.

I've had time to think about how to move it all...nothing finalized yet, but that's why I'm holding off on switching to flower. It will be exponentially easier to move during veg. Mainly--I don't have to worry too much about the light peeping in just yet. If I get a place that has an elevator that will fit the box, I will be able to literally roll it into my new place and plug it in and resume operations. Obviously those places are more expensive, so I've been looking to move quite a bit away since it's cheaper out there.

Good Luck Flowergirl! Sending you good vibes!

Thanks, Dan! Send away, LOL. I particularly need them Saturday afternoon. :cheesygrinsmiley: I'm checking out the place that I think would most suit my growing needs at that time. It's farther away from my work than I want, but I'm willing to make that sacrifice for my plants.

best of luck to you. hope things get better for u

Thank you! Me too. I am dying to flip to flower.

flip flip and mo flip. shoot soon as they get height and im done with training, if i do that. poof into flowering.

Still in limbo. Don't have an apartment lined up, but I have a friend at work who said I can crash there if needed. That helps, but not with my grow. All I need is a private room and an electrical outlet. The box can move with me, with traveling as the only "downtime." This is why flipping to flower isn't practical right now. I want to have leeway in scheduling and light exposure.

Of course, Scarlett is doing so well. It is definitely getting to the point of no return in terms of her height. I've been pinching and bending her main stems outward--too afraid to supercrop as of yet, but I might get there soon. It will help in terms of height and spacing.

Things I've done since last reservoir change:

Flushed with pH'd water for 48 hours. I had never flushed before, and there is definitely salt buildup on the rockwool. I used Cal/Mag and pH'd with no nutes. By the end, the ppm for the water in the reservoir was pretty high. I will flush again next nutrient change. I possibly should be doing that on a weekly basis...

Changed the reservoir on 6/8 and defoliated on Tuesday. I cut back on the nutrients--the last res change was a struggle to keep even in ppm's and proper pH.

FINALLY!!! I just went back and combed through. I knew my weeks were off because I wasn't on a strict 7 day reservoir change. But I was so far off in weeks, it didn't make sense. I repeated the title, "Week 7." That was really bugging me. I probably shouldn't have even labeled them as weeks since they definitely don't adhere to a calendar.

I got confused and thought I made a typo on my last res change. I halved the amount of grow and common so this res change was really light on the nutes. I'll top off with more nutrients when I need to lower the pH. Which I will have to do. Ever since I moved the tomato plant out of there, the pH drifts upward rapidly again.

Reservoir Change (Monday 6/8)

Week 10 (120 Days from Sprout)

22 Litre Reservoir

Cal/Mag-40mL
Grow (1-2-5)-35mL
Common (2-0-0)-35mL
Veg Boom (1-1-2)-0mL
Super B+ (0-2-1)-46mL
Plantacillin (1-0-0)-6mL
Royal Gold (0-1-0)-46 mL
Prop-O-Gator (0-3-2)-0mL
ppm-850
pH-5.0

Opened up the cabinet this morning, and I was greeted with 16 inches of Scarlett. Oy. Anyway, I got a bit aggressive with bending.

IMG_40503.jpg

IMG_40515.JPG

IMG_40525.JPG

IMG_40544.JPG

IMG_40559.JPG

Good luck FG. I started following your grow, since I'm also germinating 5 WW right now. I'll be using mainlining/LST techniques, similar to how I grew my last 2 Vanilla Kush grows. I'm using different lighting and different grow media, so I'll be following with a great deal of interest in how your grow and mine compare. Anyway, happy growing!
IMG_20150614_081135.jpg
IMG_20150614_081125.jpg
IMG_20150614_081055.jpg

Back
Top Bottom