Only built for cuban linx II: White widow/bagseed combo bloombox hydro 1st time 2009

Raekwon

After a week of little sleep and much fantasizing, the bloombox arrived :cheer::cheer::cheer:
unfortunately i still do not have my seeds, but i feel they will appear shortly, i put it together and it is AWESOME. Nicer than i expected, bigger than i expected as well, almost broke my leg getting it up the stairs and put a whole in the wall in the process. Late night, but ill try to put some pics up tomorrow, though I'm sure everyone has seen one of these by now. Can't wait to get started.

Re: only built for cuban linx II: White widow/bagseed combo bloombox hydro 1st time 2

I am here and curious what it looks like? good luck on the grow

Re: only built for cuban linx II: White widow/bagseed combo bloombox hydro 1st time 2

Good luck..Im thinkin about buying one so Ill be watchin..how much $ by the way

Good luck..Im thinkin about buying one so Ill be watchin..how much $ by the way

with shipping to a depot for pick up 3499. I plan on posting some pics tonight showing all that is included in the basic bloombox setup.

Now I could use some advice, I have right now some master kush seeds that were given to me from a legit source, and i have some mixed white widow seeds on the way. I was planning on doing a mix grow so that i could save some seeds if things go wrong etc. Here is my dilemma, should I a) do a soil grow until i get far along to determine sex, then take cuttings of the best females to start the actual hydro grow using only clones?
b) just start a bunch of seedlings and start growing hydroponically off the jump, getting rid of the males down the line? The advantage of the first method is that i would preserve the nutrients that came with the box for growing only plants that I intend to keep, instead of running the risk of growing 9 plants for 4 weeks or whatever and then maybe only getting 4 females. The advantage of method b) might be a little faster since i could just allow the females to continue veg or flower. However, I read that clones retain the same cellular age as the mother so theoretically if i waited until the preflower stage to take cuttings i would be able to flower them fairly soon. I hope i'm not rambling but essentially i'm asking whether there is any preferred way to start growing.:thanks:

as promised here are some pics, maybe this will spark some interest and provide me with the answer to my question.
426.jpeg

more
425.jpeg

42312.jpg

42411.jpg

42113.jpg

42030.jpg

looking great man and veryexcited about your grow. good luck man are the seeds germin or are they clones.

looking great man and veryexcited about your grow. good luck man are the seeds germin or are they clones.

seeds are germinating right now in a aluminum foil covered plate in a wet paper towel, in my laundry room that stays pretty warm. They will probably be sprouting by tonight or tomorrow. Then to the clone dome !

man the last time i had to germinate some they took 5 days to crack it was crazy and one took 7 never seen that before but I have heard cervantes say 3-10 days

the master kush seeds i started yesterday had opened enough by tonight @ 1130 that I placed them in rockwool and under the flourescent. The bagseed that i had germinated a few days prior is coming along nicely. They will stay there for the next week or so.

42032.jpg

42114.jpg

:peace::welcome:

just posting a little update, white widow seeds came yesterday !! placed them in the paper towel at 11 pm, 3 out of 5 had germinated by tonight at 1130!, going to leave them in place another 12 hours then ill move them to the grodan. master kush seeds coming along nicely, these were placed in rock wool saturday night. The cutting i took from my friend is still alive, and the mix bag seed already showing its first real leaves poking through.

photo10.jpg

photo14.jpg

i never have GOOD LUCK with seed anymore good job man

yeah, well things have been going pretty smooth so far so I hope these are good signs for the coming months. ;) oh yeah @Poke Smot, what do you know about Atlantis? Lemurians?
Here are a few new pics of the neonates. I noticed a really fine fuzz coating the base of the taproot of some of the seedlings, maybe 2 or three, I can't remember if this is normal or not. I just finished learning about fungi in school so now i'm paranoid of fungal invasion. I tried to demonstrate with the picture but my iphone camera isn't very good for high resolution close ups. I need a new digital camera but first i need to buy a trimeter.
I also noticed some of the master kush seedlings first leaves are showing different morphologies, one is a broad green blunt leaf and the other is a darker green/purple more tapered leaf. I wonder if they are different seeds. Anyway, the white widow seeds are not far behind, I put them in the rock wool this morning at 810 and when i got home from school at 2130 a few had pushed the seed casing through the rock wool. I tried a little experiment and added a little rooting gel in the rock wool hole because it was kinda bigger than normal and the seedling wasn't well supported, is that a bad idea? well stick around Because I intend to do this scientifically and diligently. This is my ultimate science experiment to date. :thanks:

sprouts1.jpg

sprouts2.jpg

sprouts3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom