Only built for cuban linx II: White widow/bagseed combo bloombox hydro 1st time 2009

Re: only built for cuban linx II: White widow/bagseed combo bloombox hydro 1st time 2

looking good so far and i always tell this to peopol even if your seedling looks poor dont give up on it, it might grow just fine and it might not but dont give up on the little babys that dont look as good as the rest of them.

Re: only built for cuban linx II: White widow/bagseed combo bloombox hydro 1st time 2

i also found that if u place the babies on something to keep them off the bottom ,like the cookie cooling rack that i hyjacked from my wife the tiny roots grow better,and this time when the roots grew i put them in the 3 inch rockwool the next day they grew just fine,i think this is less stressful for the plant. peace

Well, things have definately turned around for the better the last couple of days. I think I have figured out how to get strong seedlings, well not figured out exactly as I'm sure this is simply the way I should have done it from the beginning. I now soak the rockwool in seedling strength nutrient solution phd to 5.4-5.6, then I place the germinated seed inside once the taproot is visible. The six seedlings that I started as potential replacements for the the first batch have caught up and passed some of the older seedlings. Even the worst plants are starting to show promise. The three white widows i thought were goners are now showing signs of growth. I transfered the seven of my strongest seedlings to the hydroponic setup, they are a mix of master kush and some of the grabbag seeds from the seed co. The grabbag seeds have grown the best. I wonder what kinds of seeds they give you in those mystery packs. :roorrip:

hydro23.jpg

hydro13.jpg

stragglers_newbs.jpg

:rollit:

Glad to hear that things are looking up,have u ever called BCNL for tech info,they can help with some of the issues that you have had,I learned alot from them. if you would like to ask me any questions about the things that I learned about using the bloombox,I would be happy to help............ Peace

Glad to hear that things are looking up,have u ever called BCNL for tech info,they can help with some of the issues that you have had,I learned alot from them. if you would like to ask me any questions about the things that I learned about using the bloombox,I would be happy to help............ Peace

Much thanks:bong:

Sorry for the lack of updates, I went out of town for the holiday weekend. I left my brother in charge of feeding my seedlings while i was gone, I left the bloombox on lock and it took care of my baby plants. Well, when I came back all the plants in the veg hydro chamber were doing beautiful :cheer::cheer:
Three of the plants have shown amazing growth, one in particular is so symmetrical i really hope its a female because it seems like good genetics. Im really happy with the way things are progressing right now, I've managed to mix the first batch of nutrients without buring my plants, and the ph has stayed relatively stable. I'll post pics later tonight. :peace:

Oh yeah ONLY BUILT FOR CUBAN LINX pt. II dropped today!!:roorrip:

I'm soo hyped on the name of the grow. I'm more partial to bobby digital. But all WU's the the sh*t. RZA does most of all thier beats as a calabo and indie. But back to the grow I'm posted like a street lamp.

+rep on the name and cleanliness

I'm soo hyped on the name of the grow. I'm more partial to bobby digital. But all WU's the the sh*t. RZA does most of all thier beats as a calabo and indie. But back to the grow I'm posted like a street lamp.

+rep on the name and cleanliness

thanks, I get down with some digi-snacks.

Here are some updates
Best one so far
star.jpg

Plant with the strange oblong leaves:
weird1.jpg

overview13.jpg

groupa.jpg

Great, like the start of the journal. Keep up the great work too! How many days along are the biggest plants?

Great, like the start of the journal. Keep up the great work too! How many days along are the biggest plants?

I kinda lost track because some died and i started them in a staggered time frame, but on average I would say between 15-16 days since the seeds cracked and the tap root showed. They have been in the hydro setup for 8 days and they are loving it. They are visibly different in the morning from the evening. I got a PPM meter but havent been able to calibrate it. It said my res had 550 ppm, which is a lot lower then it should be according to the advanced nutrients calculator. Here are some new pics.

niceshot.jpg

nice_shot_911.jpg

To be honest with you. Its better to start light then work your way up with the ppm's. you dont want to hit them heavy, you want to start them low and work your way up with nutes. So your doing a perfect job on the ppm's.

Lookin good Raek! Yo did you cop Only built for cuban linx II?

I had been waiting for that album since I first read about it in 2004, so yes i bought it first thing tuesday morning when it came out. Its pretty good, Im not disappointed.

The grow is coming along nicely, On saturday, while inspecting my plants, i noticed what seemed to be bug bites on one of my plants. I took out my magnifying glass, and lo and behold, a little grubby, chubby green worm about 1mm long was inching around the new shoots, I killed it with the swiftness, and then I looked for any survivors. I hope thats the last time ill find one of those, I suspect it came from the potting soil i used in one of my mother plants, so i removed that plant from the box. Everything else is going just peachy. I accidently "topped" one of my biggest plants cause I was messing with it too much and I basically snapped one of its stems at the node. So i went ahead and just cut it off hopping that another mainstem will grow since it was right around where I would have cut it to top it properly. I will be posting some pics later tonight. I figure Ill be able to start using the 400 watt HPS soon, i dont want to waste too much energy vegging, so I plan to only veg for one week once I switch to HPS before I start flowering. :roorrip:

Hey man I'm way late on this and just made an account a few days ago but I figured I would say something about sprouting seedlings. Mind you, I've never had experience with ponics.

I always started my seeds with a damp paper towel folded over between two plates to keep it dark in there and haven't lost seeds before (done about 40 roughly and they were several years old - kept them in a fridge). Once the root popped out around a quarter inch long I put them in soil but not deep at all - I had it where I could see the very top of the shell but it was flush with the soil and light wasn't getting to the little root.

They were put 2 inches from a fluorescent tube (this was before I recall having CFL's cheap at the stores) and they did excellent. I would water them every day and sometimes twice but it was a very small amount - about 5 or 6 drops of water max. I never PH'd my water for them because I never noticed a difference from when I did. I started PH'ing after first set of true leaves at the earliest. I don't reckon I ever had but 2 seedlings fall over on me and it was because I flooded them my first time without any experience or help. I was 13 I think lol

I personally think the easiest part about growing is starting from seed and I have ran into more problems with cloning gels as far as success rate when compared to seed. Maybe I'm lucky with a magic touch but who knows - I just know the first few weeks of life for a plant seems easiest because they don't need hardly anything to survive and grow. Oh and I'd lose the dome contrary to what others might think - domes create too much moisture and I've watched people have sprouts with moisture dripping from the poor things - let them breath, give them a little light, and they will make you proud.

I wish I could still grow :(

had a little time to kill before traffic court, so i decided to post a pic update. I wish these were all females, but something tells me i'm going to lose my favorite one when flowering comes around. How cool would it be if they all did turn out to be females though?:smokin:

sept15.jpg

more pics. I went row by row just to show the diversity. I don't know how much you differentiate strains during vegetative growth, but it seems that i have at least 5 different strains growing. I cant wait to see what they look like when they start to flower. I'm getting really excited about putting my choice nine under the HPS in the next couple of days. They have been growing so nicely from just 125w CFL, I cant wait to see how they grow under HID.:grinjoint:

this ones beautiful:
sept15_5.jpg

sept15_4.jpg

sept15_3.jpg

sept15_2.jpg

if its the widow then take the pollen from the sacs and do some breeding.Hell yeah thats shyte makes me have the munchies,, WHERES THE DIGI SNACKS when you need em?

that makes 2..lol

yeah, well i would not be opposed to experimenting with a little breeding, but for now, i think i need to be more of a womanizer...i need straight colas ya heard! Just kidding:cool:
I just want as many tasty buds as possible. I did a little maintenance this afternoon, I topped three of my plants, FIM'd one, and pruned two more. I like to think of it as my little LST experiment to see what stress technique works best for me and kinda try them out since at this point they could all turn out to be males anyway, right? migh as well get some practice, I left the other six alone. I had three really nice cuttings from the prunings so i decided to clone them instead of tossing them. I decided to try my luck at cloning since I had rockwool and rooting gel. I placed one of the cuttings in a clone dome, and left the other two "al fresco" as a little comparison. Ill have pics of all of that tomorow. Here is a sneak peak.
Do you want more...?
roots15.jpg

wowsept16.jpg

Back
Top Bottom