Only built for cuban linx II: White widow/bagseed combo bloombox hydro 1st time 2009

Re: only built for cuban linx II: White widow/bagseed combo bloombox hydro 1st time 2

You should be able to see the pre-flowers within a couple of weeks. Great setup!!! How tall where your plants when you switched to 12/12?

Re: only built for cuban linx II: White widow/bagseed combo bloombox hydro 1st time 2

They were all approaching about 1 foot, but ive been topping and trainining so they would have all been much taller if i just let them grow, i have about 3.5 feet to work with, and I plan on letting them flower at least 6 weeks, so I'm sure i will be pushing it. Hopefully Ill be able to pull some males soon so that the plants have a little more space in the res. The roots are crazy and basically matt the entire res bottom. These things are rope-like.

Here are some updates, this is day four of flowering, I changed over to my flowering nutes late last night when i realized that they res had been almost drank up and they probably are taking up a lot during these days of early flowering. The growth has been unbelievable. Here are some pics to show how dense the cabinet has become over the past couple of days.
IMGP0257.JPG

IMGP02561.JPG

IMGP02551.JPG

IMGP02521.JPG

IMGP0251.JPG

Today is week 1 of flowering, so far of the 9 plants I have one suspect male, one possible herm, and the rest are either females or are not showing pre-flowers yet. I have not been able to find good pictures of male preflowers on the net, maybe i have to wait a few more days to really tell the difference. How much of a time frame do I have from when pre-flowers show to when pollen will be shed? I'll try to post some pics tonight. The plants have really filled out since I switched to 12/12, these things are going to be huge in a month. Stay tuned.

So...I need some advice here, Out of the 9 in the flowering chamber, 4 look like females, one looks male, the other 4 are still up in the air. One of the plants that have not shown any preflowers is very ugly, I don't want to be mean, but it looks like a freakin lettuce plant,
Im wondering if ugly plants = bad genetics, the leaves are non-symmetric https://www.420magazine.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=865290and lettuce like, its one of the seeds I got in a mystery pack from AMS seeds. I'm wondering whether I should even waste my time with this plant since I have several in the veg chamber that look like much better strains. Does anyone know of ugly plants developing nice buds???
I'm really tempted to yank it and replace it with one of the other plants. Let me know what you guys think. Here are a few updates.
Vegetable chamber
IMGP0261.JPG

POSSIBLE MALE??????????
IMGP02601.JPG

Week I flower
IMGP0258.JPG

Ok well, hope to see more female parts in the next couple of days.;)

any thoughts?

any thoughts?

Let the possibe males keep going until you know for sure. Once you have culled them out then space out the females and start LSTing them into the empty space. Open em up as much as you can to let light in

Hey Raekwon and all,

Great looking grow, your set-up is deluxe! I'm new to 420 and to growing. I'll be starting a hydro grow in a couple weeks - just waiting for a few more components to arrive...

Looks like your Bloom Box is set up with a top feeding drip system - yes? If so, I have two questions for you (apologies if this was covered previously):

1. Do you run the drip system continuously or intermitently? If intermitent, how often and for how long does it run?

2. What is the Gallon Per Hour (GPH) rating of the drip emmiters?

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide - I want to get my system optimized before the plants go in.

Let the possibe males keep going until you know for sure. Once you have culled them out then space out the females and start LSTing them into the empty space. Open em up as much as you can to let light in
Well Mcbudz, i got a little trigger happy and pulled the two I was 90 percent sure were male, then I also pulled the ugly plant, It was just pissing me off, I have beautiful plants in the veg room that I can already tell are females, and this mutant bastard is taking up precious flower space and nutrients, its survival of the fittest around here and it wasn't performing. So now there are two new plants that are females (pretty sure) and I think Im going to leave it at 8 plants to have space in the middle for spread. Currently I have 5 possible females one possible herm and two that havent shown sex yet. Im capping the plants at 8 even though this may be too much without using a screen. Anyway, if any more males pop up ill replace them with plants that are in the veg chamber. Let me know what you think of these pics, do herms have distinct sex organs at different internodes, or do they have both sex organs at the same node, I ask because as you can tell in my pic I have definite female parts on one node, and possible male parts on a different branch.
Hey Raekwon and all,

Great looking grow, your set-up is deluxe! I'm new to 420 and to growing. I'll be starting a hydro grow in a couple weeks - just waiting for a few more components to arrive...

Looks like your Bloom Box is set up with a top feeding drip system - yes? If so, I have two questions for you (apologies if this was covered previously):

1. Do you run the drip system continuously or intermittently? If intermitent, how often and for how long does it run?

2. What is the Gallon Per Hour (GPH) rating of the drip emitters?

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide - I want to get my system optimized before the plants go in.
Not sure the GPH, I'm sure a quick google search would answer that. or maybe the company website, but it runs twice a day for 5 minutes, you can set when you want the watering to begin, the roots are constantly immersed though so the watering schedule isn't that crucial I dont think. maybe im wrong.
damn that veg room is filling up quick are you planning to tie down or top when they are changed to flower?
I havent planned that far ahead yet my friend, My first plan it to find 8 females to flower, I have a problem that Im going out of town in december for two weeks. unless i risked leaving them flushing for their last two weeks without supervision, sounds shakey, so i dont know if ill be able to flower another round in time. I may move them outside or something, maybe give them away. Well see.
IMGP0268.JPG

IMGP02651.JPG

male part of possible herm?
IMGP02641.JPG

female parts of possible herm?
:yummy:

i was just looking through ms. fox's bloombox grow, I think im gonna be in trouble with space, she only had 3plants and filled it up.....i guess there are worse problems.

Well Mcbudz, i got a little trigger happy and pulled the two I was 90 percent sure were male, then I also pulled the ugly plant, It was just pissing me off, I have beautiful plants in the veg room that I can already tell are females, and this mutant bastard is taking up precious flower space and nutrients, its survival of the fittest around here and it wasn't performing. So now there are two new plants that are females (pretty sure) and I think Im going to leave it at 8 plants to have space in the middle for spread. Currently I have 5 possible females one possible herm and two that havent shown sex yet. Im capping the plants at 8 even though this may be too much without using a screen. Anyway, if any more males pop up ill replace them with plants that are in the veg chamber. Let me know what you think of these pics, do herms have distinct sex organs at different internodes, or do they have both sex organs at the same node, I ask because as you can tell in my pic I have definite female parts on one node, and possible male parts on a different branch.

Not sure the GPH, I'm sure a quick google search would answer that. or maybe the company website, but it runs twice a day for 5 minutes, you can set when you want the watering to begin, the roots are constantly immersed though so the watering schedule isn't that crucial I dont think. maybe im wrong.

I havent planned that far ahead yet my friend, My first plan it to find 8 females to flower, I have a problem that Im going out of town in december for two weeks. unless i risked leaving them flushing for their last two weeks without supervision, sounds shakey, so i dont know if ill be able to flower another round in time. I may move them outside or something, maybe give them away. Well see.
IMGP0268.JPG

IMGP02651.JPG

male part of possible herm?
IMGP02641.JPG

female parts of possible herm?
:yummy:

Herm's can pop up several ways... I've seen all female in the beginning then bam male banana's everywhere a couple of weeks in. personally I have not seen seperate male and female nodes like this. I would let it go a few more days and keep a close eye for male parts.

Well McBudz, the plant that I suspected to be a herm may be a female afterall, Im not sure, she has several female flowers at various internodes and different branches, and what I originally thought to be male pre-flowers have not shown more evidence of polled pods...so im going to keep my fingers crossed that its a female, cause its the biggest plant in my garden and has superior genetics to the rest. So its looking like i may have 8 healthy females...knock on wood, i've been known to eat chickens before they hatch.
Here are some pics in day 14 of flowering.
IMGP0278.JPG

IMGP0274.JPG

IMGP0272.JPG

IMGP0271.JPG

IMGP0269.JPG

IMGP0281.JPG

I tied down these in the front
IMGP0282.JPG

just giving an update, everything is coming along smooth so far, hope it continues this way. It seems like i may have 8 females, so even with a modest yield per plant, I should produce a decent harvest. Check it out.
IMGP0296.JPG

IMGP0293.JPG

IMGP0292.JPG

IMGP0291.JPG

The vegetables

IMGP0289.JPG

IMGP0288.JPG

Last but certainly not least
IMGP0285.JPG

YAY!!! my journal has a star!! I was starting to get an inferiority complex. Plan on some new pics tomorrow when i change nutes, on a side note I smoked some matanuska mist, Hawaiian skunk, super jack herer and sour diesel last night, it was a sativa tasting, all strains where from apothecary 420 except the sour diez, im not sure where it was from but it was fire none the less. I really like sour diesel, very consistent. Jack herer is probably the only bud i have ever smoked that I feel confident in identifying by taste and smell alone. later.

Sorry i havent had a chance to update, things have gotten pretty hectic these past couple of days, I have two huge tests next monday and tuesday so I wont be posting much the rest of the week unless something happens. But at least you'll be able to see some serious progress. My garden was getting out of control, I had not really done any pruning until yesterday and today, i removed almost all of the bottom growth from the plants and it really
opened up the floor. Some of the buds were growing into the glass so i had to bend some stems and train aggressively to keep them in order. It probably cost me some yield to mess with them so much right now, but i had no choice. I definately have learned a few things so far
1) its a bad idea to grow several unknown seeds at a time, these plants all have exhibited different growth rates and it makes it difficult for the smaller plants to keep up.
2) scrog is necessary in a bloom box, i think its the only way to make use of the available space. Either that or start flowering at 2 weeks.
3) Don't be greedy, I have too many plants going right now, some will surely be wasted.
Anyway, no real problems right now, hope things stay this way.

:grinjoint::roorrip::grinjoint:

great lessons learned. You got it right on the scrog.You can get alot out of a little that way. just look at MUNKI'S SCROG. got what like 7 ounces outa 2 plants. But hey we all learn my our mistakes. either way i'm not going anywhere great grow.

Well, Im back, its been a hellish two weeks. The ladies are coming along nicely, 8 females, one monster, 3 large plants, 4 medium/smaller plants. Its been so hard keeping everything orderly in there cause they have already outgrown the box for the most part, so I find myself bending and tying all the time just to keep them relatively even and equal light distribution. I def waited too long to start flowering, but the positive is that i got almost all females. I have taken several clones of the monster plant because it grows amazingly, i plan on making a mother plant from one of these clones and use it to mother a scrog grow for round two. I think based on what I learned this time around, if i had only one pheno i could make the grow alot more organized and get tons of fat buds. I took a bunch of pictures tonight, but its late and Im tired, so ill post them tomorrow. I figure I should have something to smoke by thanksgiving, and ill leave some going longer.

one suggestion. I would top the biggest. Use the top as a clone then just use that as a mother if you rconifent is a female. Just a thought though. Have you pruned them yet?

one suggestion. I would top the biggest. Use the top as a clone then just use that as a mother if you rconifent is a female. Just a thought though. Have you pruned them yet?

Really lookin' forward to the updates. I've been watching silently for a minute and think your plants look healthy and will provide something to be very Thankful for...;)

Good insight on the Bloombox. It's not the first time I've seen people outgrow this unit, seems like you'll tweak things next run, should be sweeet.

Have ya seen how SmokinHerbz does it:Seasoned Grower using BC Northern Lights Producer-Juicy Fruit and BC Sweet:Co2, Hydro. A Bloombox is half a Producer, maybe with a little extra...

I really believe the key is working with one strain (maybe two) - must be very stable and tested in the Box. Getting that sucka dialed is 6 crops/yr and 6+LBS, that's good motivation!

Good growin' bro:Rasta:

@Butcher, yes I had to prune about a week and half ago, I cut all of the growth on the bottom third of the plants, so I already started clones of the plant you suggest I top. I have two clones of two of my most vigorous plants. And I plan on using the best of those 4 as my mother plant for the next grow. Today is exactly day 30 of flowering, so I don't know if topping is still in the picture, But i have been saving one shoot on the big plant to clone if the other two don't make it for some reason, but i think they will.

@ Andy Botwin, thanks for the comments, I appreciate your insight, I don't think I've seen the grow your refering too, I saw miss kitty's and Profit's bloombox grow and a comparsion too see how on track my grow was going. So far the only problems I've had is too much growth from two of the 8 plants that just seem too be super producers, its been really hard keeping them in check. I just ordered a CO2 tank so if things go smoothly the next 30 or 40 days I should have some nice smoke. :bong:

IMGP0297.JPG

IMGP0298.JPG

IMGP0300.JPG

IMGP0301.JPG

IMGP0304.JPG

IMGP0306.JPG

notice the plant in the back center, its the beast, its pulling up the irrigation system where i had to tie it down.
IMGP0308.JPG

:rollit:

IMGP0310.JPG

Back
Top Bottom