Only built for cuban linx II: White widow/bagseed combo bloombox hydro 1st time 2009

Re: only built for cuban linx II: White widow/bagseed combo bloombox hydro 1st time 2

im so angry!!! I found a seed in one of the buds i clipped for sampling. One of these plants hermed on me!!! The worst part is I have no idea which plant it is, and I can't really examine the plants in the back of the box. Should i harvest early to prevent further seed development? or just let it ride. I'm pretty pissed cause I spent a lot of time making sure I didn't have any males around. I knew this would happen.

Anyway they are approaching the 8 week mark, I was planning on flushing and harvesting in a week. Any thoughts? Pics coming soon.

Re: only built for cuban linx II: White widow/bagseed combo bloombox hydro 1st time 2

if your at week 8 on the indicas then your in luck. Most indicas finish earlier then sativas. Like Andy said in the above post. You working with hybrids. So its hard to say. Do or can you take a trich pict. Either way your far enough along to where you can choose either route. check that plant inparticular. It may have just popped a nenner and self pollinated. An not pollenate the rest, just a thought though.

if your at week 8 on the indicas then your in luck. Most indicas finish earlier then sativas. Like Andy said in the above post. You working with hybrids. So its hard to say. Do or can you take a trich pict. Either way your far enough along to where you can choose either route. check that plant inparticular. It may have just popped a nenner and self pollinated. An not pollenate the rest, just a thought though.

I really hope so, I'm not gonna lie, i've been pretty bummed these past few days, I had such high hopes for these buds ( no pun intended:nomo:), they looked so nice I thought i was going to be enjoying the best bud i had ever smoked. But if its seeded...no dice. So far i have found a seed or two in three separate plants. But i have yet to identify the rogue herm. One of my plants has strange curved segmented cylinders, kinda banana looking coming from some of the buds. Is this something i should be worried about? Im harvesting most of the plants in two days or thanksgiving, and I might leave one to two to mature longer. Hopefully a couple of the colas in the back of the box remained uncontaminated. Ill post some pics later if i can muster the energy. Came this far to have my harvest tarnished. Well I guess there are worse things that could happen.

No trich pics, dont have that type of resolution on my camera and I never bought the pocket microscope i was planning on. Just been busy around here.

YEAH THOSE ARE NANERS oR BANANA'S. Well your doing what you feel is best, and we're her to support all the way. Take pict when you get a chance. All smoke is good smoke. And hey you got a nice green thumb. The plants are healthy and you will be harvesting. So you've done a great job brother!! Be proud.

YEAH THOSE ARE NANERS oR BANANA'S. Well your doing what you feel is best, and we're her to support all the way. Take pict when you get a chance. All smoke is good smoke. And hey you got a nice green thumb. The plants are healthy and you will be harvesting. So you've done a great job brother!! Be proud.

Yeah, right after I posted that, i checked for some pics online for HERMS, and instantly i recognized the little bananas. So i chopped shim immediately, and scrubbed down the are where it was. To add injury to insult the Shim was the plant that i had considered chopping along time ago cause it was so weak looking and it smelt bad, like vegetables. But i let it live cause im a nice guy. That's the thanks i get, it sprouts nuts and f***s my ladies. I started my 36 hours of darkness today, I plan on harvesting tomorrow night, I have been adding Ice to the Res. The buds look more than ripe. And the smoke I've been testing is quite potent already without proper cure.
Sample smoke
IMGP0473.JPG

IMGP0464.JPG

IMGP0463.JPG

IMGP0460.JPG

IMGP04561.JPG

IMGP0455.JPG

SHIM
IMGP0442.JPG

Bananas
IMGP0434.JPG

:bongrip:

Lookin amazing Raekwon.... sorry to hear about the nanner pop... hopefully it didnt spread its pollen over everywhere.... +reps for the beautiful ladies

it looks like you'll have a great harvest. You still have aveg room too, yeah?
Yes sir, i forgot to take pics, but i got 2 flowering clones and 3 plants in flowering on a staggered schedule from the main batch.
Lookin amazing Raekwon.... sorry to hear about the nanner pop... hopefully it didnt spread its pollen over everywhere.... +reps for the beautiful ladies
Thanks sir, actually i did get quite a number of seeded buds, luckily they were the younger buds that really had not developed, the main colas seem relatively seedless.

Well everyone, it's been a hectic week to say the least. I apologize for the delayed updates, but as the semester comes to a close, I begin to get a little crunched for time. I harvested my crop last Thursday, on thanksgiving. After I had eaten myself sick, i smoked until i was nice and comfortable and got to work.
:cheer::cheer::cheer:
Man, I had been looking forward to that day for months. It is rather surreal for a smoker of 10 years to harvest his crop for the first time. It was great, my fingers were completely encased in resin and i smoked a nice ball of charas as my reward when i finished. Without further delay, I offer you the last pics of Only Built For Cuban Linx II. It was one of the most rewarding and educating experiences of my 25 years. I really feel like i learned a great deal of botany and horticulture, knowledge that is really invaluable to the species, but practicede by such a small portion of the population. If the world ends in 2 years, I will take seeds with me wherever i go, and will have everything i need. I would like to thank Butcher and Andy Botwin for sticking with me through the grow, always offering insight or support, and everyone else who stopped by and said hello.
Last group shot after 36 hours of darkness
IMGP0475.JPG

IMGP0483.JPG

IMGP0489.JPG

IMGP0491.JPG

IMGP0493.JPG

IMGP0495.JPG

IMGP0496.JPG

IMGP0499.JPG

IMGP0501.JPG

IMGP0503.JPG

Before
IMGP0505.JPG

IMGP0506.JPG

After
IMGP0507.JPG

IMGP0514.JPG

IMGP0518.JPG

IMGP0522.JPG

Loose buds
IMGP0529.JPG

:peace:

sweeeeeeeeet :popcorn:

:goodjob:nice harvest bro.. Glad to see it through. :nicethread: It says alot for you to accomplish a grow. And pulled a nice crop to say the least. Its ok to get seeds here and there. It happens to the best of us. I've rolled through fields and feilds of herbs back in the day and Have seen some of the dankest herb seeded. Got some bomb to do with some spinnin I see. And saves you mad cream for some good vinyl. And thats what counts, right?+rep on a good harvest!!!:bong:

:goodjob:nice harvest bro.. Glad to see it through. :nicethread: It says alot for you to accomplish a grow. And pulled a nice crop to say the least. Its ok to get seeds here and there. It happens to the best of us. I've rolled through fields and feilds of herbs back in the day and Have seen some of the dankest herb seeded. Got some bomb to do with some spinnin I see. And saves you mad cream for some good vinyl. And thats what counts, right?+rep on a good harvest!!!:bong:

thanks man, yeah your absolutely right, I can't wait to be able to buy groceries now that all of my expendable cash flow isn't being pissed away. I calculated once that Ive spent around 25,000 in herbals since i started smoking, a conservative estimate of 60$ a week x 10 years. Imagine how much money that would have been if i could have invested in a minimal risk mutual fund. I hope to never pay for bud again. And your damn right, records are expensive !! so far the test smoke from the main buds have dried for a solid week, stems snapping and everything has been pretty nice, and only will get better in time. I ordered some bubble bags off ebay for 40 bucks, so I'll be making some nice bubble hash this weekend.
My ultimate goal is to refine my technique, learn how to make professional grade sensi, and then start making hemp oil. My mom was recently diagnosed with an autoimmune disease scleroderma, and as of right now there is no approved medication shown to reduce the anti-self antibodies effectively. Im convinced without a shred of doubt that hemp oil would be incredibly beneficial, since the cannabinoids found in hemp have been proven to be immunomodulatory. The disease is slow progressing but the end effects are quite devastating. The medical community lacks backbone, but I don't.

Man, she's a beautiful and amazing plant. i wish the best of luck.

*positive vibes* & +rep

glad to hear growing will have such a positive effect for you. Best of luck w/ you mother. We'll be praying and keeping our fingers crosed.

Much appreciated.;)
Well, the hash bags i got off ebay turned out swell. They really worked well and were of decent enough quality, i think they will last a for a while. I got about 3 or 4 grams (I haven't weighedf it) of bubble hash out of 66 grams of skuff and buds, in 20 70 and 120 micron size. Ive been smoking it for a couple of days now, and this shit is the shit. Makes me wish I had a lot more. Buds have dried for a week and have been curing in glass jars for about 4 days. I was nervous when they were hanging, cause they no longer smelled as nice as they did when they were alive, I started to think I didn't flush long enough, but once they dried completely and were in the jars for just one day, all of the odors returned and started to smell funky again. Now just a couple days later they smell amazing. I can't wait to smoke this when I come back from vacation in the new year, its gonna be perfect. I'm saving the bubble hash for the trip and the week will be nice and cured when I return. Bwwhahaha.
IMGP0539.JPG

20 micron
IMGP0537.JPG

70 micron
IMGP0547.JPG

Harvest from 4 main plants.
IMGP0540.JPG

Headies anyone?:roorrip:
IMGP0546.JPG

now thats the SH*T right there!! COngrats on the great harvest and BUbble hash..Now thats a head stash right there....+reps(if i can)
Hey man, sorry for the late response, ive been out of town for a while and was just enjoying the holidays and the harvest before that. Thanks for the reps. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.
Good work Chef;)
Thank you sir.
Raekwon, I just bought a Producer and am looking for all the help I can get. Maybe you can check my Journal out. It would be greatly appreciated. :)

sure ill take a look let me know if i can help.

It's been a while fellows, after my last couple of posts I had finals and then i smoked almost 24/7 for 5 days after that, nice to have fresh stash. I went to south America for two weeks and the vacuum sealing i did before i left really made the buds get a nice shape and density. I smoked nice bud the whole time i was there, unfortunately no local goods :(
Anyway, when i got back two days ago it had been two days since I had smoked anything, and man was that a nice rip. I bought a roor right before I left, I packed it with some nice buds that have cured for at least a month now, I got high in a way i haven't been in years. Simply amazing, a little detox goes along way. Anyway, before I left I had a few late bloomers finishing their flowering, so I left them on a two week flush. I'm going to harvest them tonight. One of the plants i did in soil was a random seed from the seed co, well it turned out to be some nice looking purple strain that smells like sour diesel, im going to call it purple diesel even though Im not sure of the lineage. Ill post some pics later. Good to be back.

Back
Top Bottom