Only built for cuban linx II: White widow/bagseed combo bloombox hydro 1st time 2009

Re: only built for cuban linx II: White widow/bagseed combo bloombox hydro 1st time 2

I found my digital camera today! I thought my old roomate had ganked it, haha. Now i dont have to take pics with my iphone. I took all kinds of nice pics of the plant today sinced I moved the nicest nine into the flowering chamber and put them under the 400w HPS, unforunately all of the pictures were over 1mb, so i could not upload them. I will take some new ones tomorow after a day under HPS and use a lower pic quality.

Re: only built for cuban linx II: White widow/bagseed combo bloombox hydro 1st time 2

Well, Day 1 under the HPS was a little shaky. I checked on my babies this morning to find two of my plants drooping and looking very thirsty, I didn't understand why only two of my plants looked crappy and the rest looked fine. I began to trouble shoot and when i tried to take a water sample from the spout I realized the pump had become disconnected to the irrigation system accidentally so no nutrients were being fed via the injectors; it just so happedned that both of the plants that were affected had the poorest root system so while the other plants were able to drink when the system failed the other two dried up under the HPS. I quickly fixed the problem, adjusted the Ph and let them drink. I think they will be okay. :rollit:
I noticed these spots on one of my leaves, should i be worried? its only on one plant
IMGP0125.JPG

here are some more pics
nice6.JPG

IMGP0129.JPG

IMGP0128.JPG

:rollit:

Are you using the recommended dose for your nutrients? Do you use cal/mag? If you use ro water, you will have to supplement your tank with cal/mag

Are you using the recommended dose for your nutrients? Do you use cal/mag? If you use ro water, you will have to supplement your tank with cal/mag

Im following the advanced nutrients calculator, Using Sensei Bloom two part nutrient solution. My ppm just now was around 700, ph was at 6.1, I'm about adjust it. I don't know whats wrong, ever since i moved them to the new hydro tank I have had some problems with a few of the plants. Now even my strongest plants are showing signs of stress, One of the stems that was totally straight last night, curled in towards the plant over night? I am using distilled spring water from the grocery store, the kind that comes in the milk jugs. I have not been adding any magnesium, ony the Part A and B nutrient solution.
I just now realized that I have Vitaboost Pro from advanced nutrients, but I had not used it yet because I thought it was only for flowering. Maybe this is why Im having problems now? Here are some pics, I feel like Im on the brink of a serious problem and would like to solve it before it gets out of hand
last night:
IMGP0127.JPG

today:
IMGP0141.JPG

IMGP0139.JPG

IMGP0138.JPG

This is one of the plants that was not fed for the first day under HPS
IMGP0136.JPG

Please Please Help!!!
Also can plants get too much water in Hydro?

hows the E.C or PPM's. That looks like nute burn. Just keep in mind when the nute companies make those charts they are made under PERFECT conditions.So what works for them may not work for you.And more then likely thier regimine may be to strong for your plants.So my suggestion in to check those readings if youcan. And if you can't i would do a nute change out and start out 1/4 strenth and if the plant have a good strong reaction to them then on the next change out up the nutes a little bit more then on the one after that and again if they tolerate the stronger nutes then up them a little more.If you go by this then by the time flowering comes around those babies can handle whatever you throw at them. The whole point is you want to build thier tollerence. Just a suggestion.

Flush and refill with 1/4 to 1/2 recommended dose. I experience a simular problem before. A ph of 6.1 is fine. I agree with Butcher. I really like your setup and I am following your journal closely. Great job so far.

Thanks for the advice Butcher and Southernboy, Maybe i was freaking out before nessecary, The symptoms have not progressed and they have remained limited to a few leaves on a few plants, for the most part growth looks healthy so maybe it was just temporary stress of moving to a new environment. They look pretty good right now and they are starting to fill out nicely in response to the topping, FIMing and bending. here are some pics
topping:
IMGP0187.JPG

more topping:
IMGP0183.JPG

FIMing:
IMGP0182.JPG

IMGP0181.JPG

LSTing:
IMGP0180.JPG

Overview:
IMGP0179.JPG

hows the E.C or PPM's. That looks like nute burn. Just keep in mind when the nute companies make those charts they are made under PERFECT conditions.So what works for them may not work for you.And more then likely thier regimine may be to strong for your plants.So my suggestion in to check those readings if youcan. And if you can't i would do a nute change out and start out 1/4 strenth and if the plant have a good strong reaction to them then on the next change out up the nutes a little bit more then on the one after that and again if they tolerate the stronger nutes then up them a little more.If you go by this then by the time flowering comes around those babies can handle whatever you throw at them. The whole point is you want to build thier tollerence. Just a suggestion.

Flush and refill with 1/4 to 1/2 recommended dose. I experience a simular problem before. A ph of 6.1 is fine. I agree with Butcher. I really like your setup and I am following your journal closely. Great job so far.

now thats what i'm talking about nice and healthy.Looks good

He man, I was checking out your grow, I see :bongrip:that your trying to find the cheese phenotype of Skunk #1, any luck with that? I have been intrigued about that plant since i read about it. T

i got the seeds havent had the space to geminate them just yet.I got 30 of the # 1's. I should have a good chance at getting all the pheno's.If i do get them all, hope i do. I just really want that cheese pheno, and some strond males to breed.My goal is to have a seed stock by next outdoor season. Oh n more thing, if i get successful on getting the cheese, and a good strong male. I plan on stablizing the cheese and get some pure cheese seed (hopefully). I wana do a westcoast version of the cheese, then release it public.

Well if you ever find it, Ill be more than happy to spread it around my area:rollit:

Haven't updated in a few days, school has been crazy and I have been really occupied studying and keeping a close eye on my plants. They have really flourished under the HPS, I thought I would be seeing signs of pre-flower by now since its been a little over a month since I started. I think i may have pistils on one plant but Im not sure. These plants are going to be huge if they continue to grow without any problems. The plants that I topped and LST'd are really bushy. Here are some pics, notice the variety. Unfortunately I really did a shitty job of labeling the seedlings and as a result I have no clue what is what. :smokin:
IMGP0188.JPG

IMGP0189.JPG

IMGP0197.JPG

IMGP0200.JPG

IMGP0204.JPG

IMGP0207.JPG

IMGP0208.JPG

ARE THESE PISTILS???:thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:
IMGP0212.JPG

My favorite plant with the rubber like leaves
IMGP0214.JPG

Ill be doing a res swap tomorow, Is it okay to flush for two days with only water in a hydro setup?

Man, I am following your thread closely. Great setup.

I usually flush my system for an hour, then I replaced the solution with the recommended dose.

damn things are looking real good.And yeah when it comes time, i'll be sending alot of those seeds out, i just want to see the full potntial before i do any flooding..

But yeah man the progress looks great.And yeah you'll be chill if you run just H20 for 2 days, it will help take any salt that have bulit up and flush them out.

one thing I have noticed with BB journals is most people have problems with huge pH fluctuations being that there is such a large plant to res ratio. You may want to check pH at least twice a day and adjust as needed and keep the res topped off. As the plants soak up water the salt / ppm concentration increases in the solution and could become toxic.

Looking good though. Nice work.

Also when taking pictures of leaves with possible conditions try to take under normal white light so we can see the actual coloration. HPS light really effects the coloring in the pic.

Thanks for the input McBudz:thanks:
I usually check the ph in morning before I leave and in the evening when I'm doing my normal plant observation. My ph stays relatively stable (if i adjust it to 5.5 it may be at 6.1 12 hours later, so I only adjust when it starts to creep to 6.4, its usually between 5.7-6.0. And About the topping off, Ive been a little confused about that, I have been swapping my res weekly, should I be topping off even if Im refreshing the Res that frequent? What about flushing with ph'd water and H202, can I just add my nutes to this water once the H202 has turned into just water? or should I use fresh water? Your advice is greatly appreciated.:grinjoint:

Thanks for the input McBudz:thanks:
I usually check the ph in morning before I leave and in the evening when I'm doing my normal plant observation. My ph stays relatively stable (if i adjust it to 5.5 it may be at 6.1 12 hours later, so I only adjust when it starts to creep to 6.4, its usually between 5.7-6.0. And About the topping off, Ive been a little confused about that, I have been swapping my res weekly, should I be topping off even if Im refreshing the Res that frequent? What about flushing with ph'd water and H202, can I just add my nutes to this water once the H202 has turned into just water? or should I use fresh water? Your advice is greatly appreciated.:grinjoint:

I feel like if your res is down 10% or more in volume you should top off as the concentration of salts and nutrients will rise the more the water is taken out by the plants. Monitor your EC/PPM as the res level drops. In hydro during bloom I like to stay at 5.5 and let it float upwards 5.8 but no more than 6.0 and bring back to 5.5. I just top off with straight RO water then pH adjust if needed.

Well, haven't had a chance to post anything new in a couple of days, I started Flowering yesterday, they are getting their first taste of 12/12 today. The plants are really getting big and I'm scared Ill run out of room 6-8 weeks from now. I had every intention on waiting for pre-flowers to start 12/12, but I have been vegging for about a month now and its time to move forward. I hope I get a decent amount of females. I've been looking very close for pre-flowers but its pretty hard to get upclose and personal with the plants at the far back of the box. Im assuming taking the plants out of the res repeatedly is stressful for the roots, so I guess I'll keep checking until I see something. Ill post some pics later.

Since I haven't posted pics in a few days, I figured I'd let you guys see just how much they have grown. Hydro is unbelievable as far as how accelerated the growth rate is. Just look back how they looked just a week ago. Today was their first day of 12/12, I'm curious to see how fast they grow during the next couple of days. Let me know if any of them look familiar.
Veg Chamber
IMGP0246.JPG

Possible Femme?
IMGP0242.JPG

IMGP0236.JPG

IMGP0233.JPG

Sz 10.5 foot for scale
IMGP0232.JPG

IMGP0223.JPG

Back
Top Bottom