Only built for cuban linx II: White widow/bagseed combo bloombox hydro 1st time 2009

Re: only built for cuban linx II: White widow/bagseed combo bloombox hydro 1st time 2

well, the benefit of having two important tests looming in the near future (monday and tuesday), is that time-space speeds up. So i feel like i get to see my little darlings grow even faster. I go to sleep at night and get excited thinking that when i wake up they will have grown another seven hours. creepy. :yummy: Im like a new parent. Here are some new pictures on more or less day 5 since germination (day 6 master kush; day 4 white widow; day 7 bag seed)

terrordome.jpg

mighty_jungle.jpg

any advice on Ph/trimeters? i'd like to buy a trimeter but im not sure how i would plug it to a power source in the bloombox, unless i left it open. Are there any cheap but accurate ones recommended?:thanks:

Re: only built for cuban linx II: White widow/bagseed combo bloombox hydro 1st time 2

Spoke too soon last night, lost my firt plant today :( I have a sneaking suspicion that my roomate was fooling with them today and accidently broke he stem because when i checked on them tonight around 1145 the oldest plant (bagseed) had toppled over. I should have taken a picture but i removed it first. Do plant just fall over kinked at the stem like that in a clone dome? Or are my suspicions correct? I'm starting to think I waited too long to start feeding them with 1/2 strength nutrients, they aren't progressing as quickly and they are not as healthy as they look in soil at this age. Maybe im just being critical. here are some pics.

beanstalks2.jpg

beanstalks.jpg

peace is love.:joint:

Well, I don't really know if I'm having false expectations, but my plants seem kinda scrawny, how often should i be feeding them at this stage? My books tell me that i should have visible roots out of the 1in rockwool by 7 days, but they look like they are barely holding on to life. I'm hoping they pull through and start developing a little more. Any suggestions??:geek:
example:
pinch2.jpg

white widow:
ww40.jpg

random mix from seed dispensary:
newbs1.jpg

masterkush:
masterkush2.jpg

I should add at this point that I am hand feeding the plants with Sensi Grow A and Sensi Grow B in water from a jug of spring water from school. I added .25ml of A and B into 1L of spring water. The solution was then ph'd to approx 5.-5.5 using fresh lemon juice (im assuming this is okay) ph was determined using Sigma ph strips. I did not ph the nutrient mix the first night, but i made a new batch the next night and ph'd it proper.

Even Wutang grows bud

"I wanna have me a phat yacht
And enough land to go and plant my own sess crops
But for now, it just a big dream
Cause I find myself in the place where I'm last seen
My thoughts must be relaxed
Be able to maintain
Cause times is changed and life is strange
The glorious days is gone, and everybody's doin' bad
Yo, mad lives is up for grabs"-GFK

:joint:

I have the same problems with my plants always are so slow comming out with a root outta the rockwohl anybody have any anwsers for us

OK I need some input here, This morning, two more of my seedlings were suffering from the same stem pinch that killed my first plant two days ago. I don't understand, the stem is narrowed near the base as if it was physically pinched. Any ideas??? I really don't want to lose two more. One of them is a white widow seedling that was doing fine last night. I'm starting to feel a little frustrated about the lack of support from people that know what their doing. To those that have been checking out the grow, I appreciate it, just venting(oh yeah i have a pathology test tomorrow so I'm a little cranky).

bent1.jpg

:thanks:

okare you putting them in soil?

nope, I'm waiting to put them into hydroton or 3inch rock wool cubes, haven't decided yet. I just found out that I had been feeding them about 1/4 of their recommended nutrient strenght for seedlings using the Advanced Nutrient Calculator. Hopefully this was the cause of their slow development. Maybe now they will begin to do better, I still am not sure about how frequently I should be feeding them at this stage, once a day? twice a day?:thanks:

You should be feeding as necessary, ie always keep the rockwool nice and moist, but not drenched. I would also drop the humidity dome and let them breathe. High humidity is I think good for clones who have no roots to support themselves. Your seedlings should be using their roots!

I found a turkey baster as a $ store and realized it was prefect for evenly dropping 10-15 drops of nute solution onto my cubes, around the seedling.

And about the stem, I unfortunately don't know.. Looks like you had quite a bit of stretch, maybe they are stretching more than the stem can support, and collapsing?

ok with the rockwool. i havent grown seeds out of it yet, only clones. however. you need to keep the moist throughout. but not dripping, if you can pick it up and lightly squeeze water out, thats too much water. Ive never used AN nutes before either, i use FF products. and i use 50% strength for new cuttings. after i they start forming roots i up the strength slowly, and by the end of the 2nd week theyre at or almost at 100% strength.

as for you stems. them stretching and falling over from being taller then it could support sounds possible. did you already rule out your roommate?

can you lower the light or raise the seedlings closer to the light?

You should be feeding as necessary, ie always keep the rockwool nice and moist, but not drenched. I would also drop the humidity dome and let them breathe. High humidity is I think good for clones who have no roots to support themselves. Your seedlings should be using their roots!

I found a turkey baster as a $ store and realized it was prefect for evenly dropping 10-15 drops of nute solution onto my cubes, around the seedling.

And about the stem, I unfortunately don't know.. Looks like you had quite a bit of stretch, maybe they are stretching more than the stem can support, and collapsing?

that's basically what I've been doing, I have small plastic transfer pipettes that hold approx 2ml, and Ive been using them to squirt the nutrient/h2O onto the rockwool cubes. I just didn't know if there is a recommended schedule for seedlings i.e. few milliliters in the morning and night? Or just when they are drying. And I removed the dome last night for about an hour, but then I got scared that I would wake up to find them all dead so I put it back on, my book told me to wait until I could see roots to remove the dome, so I was scared that they were not ready yet since thier stems look so weak and there is no visible root growth out of the cube.

the 10-15 drops you add, is that of pure nutrient or nutrient diluted in water to the appropriate strength?:thanks:

ok with the rockwool. i havent grown seeds out of it yet, only clones. however. you need to keep the moist throughout. but not dripping, if you can pick it up and lightly squeeze water out, thats too much water. Ive never used AN nutes before either, i use FF products. and i use 50% strength for new cuttings. after i they start forming roots i up the strength slowly, and by the end of the 2nd week theyre at or almost at 100% strength.

as for you stems. them stretching and falling over from being taller then it could support sounds possible. did you already rule out your roommate?

can you lower the light or raise the seedlings closer to the light?

yeah, I don't think it was my brother anymore :scratchinghead:
I started locking the bloombox after the first one passed, and then two days later it happened to the 2 new seedlings overnight. I guess i was just being a little paranoid. It def looks like stretching but I can't imagine them not getting enough light because they are currently about 6 in from a 125 CFL over the clone dome. I going to give these little suckers another week, and if they haven't come around, I'm going to start over with a soil grow.
:thanks: for the input.

I own a bloombox also, and my 1st grow was just sooo sad, I have learned alot since and I found that using the the dome to start seeds ,sometimes makes things worst,just remember its not a orchid and you want to try and do it like nature would. I am growing a Mandala strain called White Satin,and i followed there website advice, and low and behold i have 10 nice plants,and 2 skunk#1, all very nice and full of life. check out Mandalaseeds.com. just wanted to help if i could. good luck and Peace

I own a bloombox also, and my 1st grow was just sooo sad, I have learned alot since and I found that using the the dome to start seeds ,sometimes makes things worst,just remember its not a orchid and you want to try and do it like nature would. I am growing a Mandala strain called White Satin,and i followed there website advice, and low and behold i have 10 nice plants,and 2 skunk#1, all very nice and full of life. check out Mandalaseeds.com. just wanted to help if i could. good luck and Peace

Thanks man, yeah actually some seedlings that I started maybe 4 days ago and they haven't been under the clone dome at all, just under the light and have almost caught up to other seeds that are already on day 7. I definately get the feeling that the dome makes the plant kinda weak. Also i correctly phd the rockwool this time before I added the seedlings, and I think this made a big difference in how much healthier they are growing. I have about 13 going right now and another 10 seeds germinating right now, 2 more white widows, 4 more master kush and a variety of seeds from a mixed bag. I'm just playing my odds here that Ill get at least 12 strong baby plants to move to the hydro system. Also I think adding the rooting gel to the rockwool to plug up the space around the stem might have stunted some of the seedlings that have not changed much in the past couple days. Basically i have three experimental groups that have been treated differently, and as expected they are growing differently, this new batch I will try to repeat the positive and avoid the bad.
here are some newbs:
babies8.jpg

You can tell the healthy ones right away, i hope the others pull through.
family6.jpg

fromabove.jpg

On a positive note, I finished my tests today so I get to focus more on my grow for the next crucial weeks, I celebrated with some "Mr. Nice" first time ive smoke it, but i like it alot. :roorrip:

Oh yeah, I want to move them to the hydro system soon, Any advice on how to flush the system? What should I use?

I placed my grow tray on a heating pad on low setting. This created a moist area for the small plants. After 3 days, the plants were growing like weeds. I have since placed them in my Deep Water Culture grow area.

Back
Top Bottom