Foghorn - Bloombox - Noob - 2012

All right. It's been awhile since iv updated but it's finally all done and ready to wrap up. The Bud yielded 2.5oz from the box. Plus another two from the one the one that got tossed out side. That's 4.5 for my first time in. Not too bad. The quality was good. Could be better. Especially the one that finished outside. Super fluffy. But it's costing me 400$ an oz where I live, so 4.5 is 1800$ of savings. That's the first run.

The second run of Pineapple Express auto turned out great! There was actually a auto mazar and some other freebie thrown in. I forgot the other freebie and the mazar got too tall so it got put outside. It's still not done, but the buds look super fluffy. It won't yield much. But I got 3.25oz's from the ones in the box. And I harvested those a mere 4 weeks after the Big Bud. That's 7.75 oz's in 4 months. Not bad. I figure I'm into the box and all the other stuff 5000$. So I need 12oz to pay for it. I'm over half there!

I'm sure the autos would have done better, but they got way to crowded on the veg side. One got big and squished the others. That one went on to produce about half of the total yield from all four. So it definatly stunted the others.

I bought a 1/10 water chiller off Craigslist for 100$. It needs a o ring, so I ordered it and am waiting. I have 8 Big Bang autos started and a Blue Cheese I'm going to make a mom. I'm waiting to move them over until I get the chiller hooked up.

As a closing note, I'd like to give all the credit for this grow to Xlr8. If not for his journals, I probably never would have made the leap to buy a box. And once I got it, was X that made me feel like I could do it. And I did! If I can, ANYBODY can. Between the engineers at BCNL, and the knowledge and wonderful ppl on this site, it's all there for anybody that cares to read a lil and spend a lil. The box wasn't cheap, but worth every penny. Once iv recouped all the cash iv spent, I plan doing a 750w LED upgrade. That plus the chiller, and I should have an ideal environment, just a lil small. But the main thing is the ppl here. You can't beat the company here. Thanks to all those who chimed in along the way. I know this wasn't the best journal, but the next will be better. Thanks again X!

This journal may now be moved to completed.

Hey Foghorn!

So glad it worked out well for you, and I really appreciate the kind words my friend. Your planned upgrades sound great, and I am really glad that I was able to be helpful with your grow. You did it - I just threw in my 2 cents now and then. ;)

I've had that when one plant crowds the others out - unless you grow the same plants from clones, that tends to happen now and then. I hope you get the chiller working good - that'll really help you dial things in well. If you can keep the nutrient temps ideal, you'll amazed at just how nice they'll grow for you.

I think you'll really like those Big Bang Autos - the one I grew was a really great plant and a super yielder. Hope yours are even better. Thanks again for the positive vibes and kind words, Foghorn! :)

There is a whole lot of really nice looking bud in those pictures by the way!! :bravo:

Back
Top Bottom