Freeze before drying for cobbing?

nickeluring

So, I have some plants that I don't have time to dry or cure. I want to harvest and then leave the country for a few weeks, so there'll be no time for drying or curing. My plan was to cob cure most of it.

Is it possible to freeze the buds just after harvest, and then whenever you're ready, thaw the buds and dry and cure them? In my case cobbing.
Does anyone know if you can do this without damaging the crop?

Cheers

Thanks, I reckon it should work, as well.
But, I'm a bit concerned about freezing the trichomes. Will all the trichomes fall off when being frozen? Will this screw up the cobbing process?

Thanks, I reckon it should work, as well.
But, I'm a bit concerned about freezing the trichomes. Will all the trichomes fall off when being frozen? Will this screw up the cobbing process?
Again, I've only read on it but why not prepare it for cobbing (in the sealed bag) and then freeze it? Would't matter if trichomes fell off....

I freeze stuff for like hash. I've heard peeps freezing harvests because they need ta dash away and can't dry and cure it

I'd say, harvest and make the cob, then freeze it before ya start the cob fermentation process if time is an issue

But fir sure tag onto this thread for cobs, and maybe ask them about freezing
Sure ya will loose some trics, but cobs seem way special indeed

Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure - Fermented Cannabis

The cob fermentation process, assuming cobbing actually works by fermentation, would rely on natural yeasts. These will be killed or at least set back a lot by freezing.
When I make wine from fruit and berries I usually freeze the fruit beforehand to kill the natural yeasts, then thaw it out and add storebought wine yeast. The wild yeasts do make alcohol but often tend to introduce an ‘off’ flavour, so I aim to reduce their effect by the freezing process.

IMO you can just go ahead and start the cobbing process with fresh bud. Wrap it and vac seal it up and it won’t mould. When you get time you can open up the bag and let it dry in stages same as normal. I’ve started cobs after one night of drying- they are still completely wet. I don’t see any reason you couldn’t just start them on day one.

Back
Top Bottom