Gallery Upload Issues

Awesome thanks for the hard work and putting up with guys like me. :passitleft:
Hey Doob - you’re totally good...
You posted exactly what rob needs. Details - so much more helpful to him than compliants with no details. He can do something with details.

It takes a bit of time and energy to lay out those details and I for one appreciate you doing it there - so well and so politely.

:thanks:

Awesome thanks for the hard work and putting up with guys like me. :passitleft:

And me!!

Hey Doob - you’re totally good...
You posted exactly what rob needs. Details - so much more helpful to him than compliants with no details. He can do something with details.

It takes a bit of time and energy to lay out those details and I for one appreciate you doing it there - so well and so politely.

:thanks:

Yeah, I didn't do so well.....I'll try harder....

Yeah, @DrDoob , thanks for putting up the images, and the operational list. Very helpful. :thanks:

So when I removed the ability to upload to all those extra galleries over the weekend, did anything else change?

That is the mystery I am trying to solve right now.

Were you able to upload to the members gallery a different way, did you have your own gallery?

Is there anything different now and if so, what, specifically?

Before there was a bunch of public galleries that I could choose to upload to, now there is only “off topic photos” and the option to create a new personal gallery or use a personal gallery I’ve already created.

@Bonsaiweed @DrDoob

Hi both - can either of you tell me how to make a gallery non private after it’s been created? (Trying to help someine else...)
I can't find a way on the computer version, but I guess I need to look again. @DrDoob said there is a way...I'll check.

If you view the main album page you can scroll down to a privacy block and there is an edit privacy button. (On the phone interface)
I can't find any button (or any other way) to change it on the Desktop version in Mozilla Firefox. I use no other browser, so there could be a way (possibly), just not for me.

Before there was a bunch of public galleries that I could choose to upload to, now there is only “off topic photos” and the option to create a new personal gallery or use a personal gallery I’ve already created.
Maybe that wasn’t clear. The above is the only thing that changed. It didn’t have any effect on the problem of private galleries being created with “album owner” viewing permissions. Here is a screen shot of the default permissions notice it has album owner checked so only the album owner can view the images inside that gallery even when the images are included in posts.
full

I can't find any button (or any other way) to change it on the Desktop version in Mozilla Firefox. I use no other browser, so there could be a way (possibly), just not for me.
  1. Select “your albums” from the gallery menu.
  2. Select the album you want to change by pressing the folder icon on the gallery thumbnail.
  3. At the top there should be an “edit album” button on desktop or a button with three dots on mobile with an “edit album” button.
  4. In the “Can view media items” section check the Everyone box and press save at the bottom.
  5. Profit.

2. Select the album you want to change by pressing the folder icon on the gallery thumbnail.
  3. At the top there should be an “edit album” button on desktop or a button with three dots on mobile with an “edit album” button.
  4. In the “Can view media items” section check the Everyone box and press save at the bottom.
  5. Profit.
All right I give up. I just realized the edit album button only appears on the album I created today. It probably is just like posts in that you can only edit it for 420 minutes.

5. Profit.

The three dot button doesn't appear (on the private album I have) on the desktop version that I can see. There is also not the three dot button either, but that would be a menu item on the mobile.

Now with that being said, I do have a "select for moderation" button (under the three dots) on my non-private album.

Strange, the way that is put together.

Since giving up isn’t really my thing. I found a third way to change the permissions, this works with my older abums too.
1. Select “your albums” in the gallery menu.
2. Check the box in the top left of the album thumbnail you wish to edit.
3. At the very bottom of the page press a the button that says “choose action”
4. Choose “change privacy” from the menu.
5. Press the “go” button.
6. Check the box next to “Change who can view media items”
7. Check “Everyone”
8. Scroll down and press confirm.

Since giving up isn’t really my thing. I found a third way to change the permissions, this works with my older abums too.
1. Select “your albums” in the gallery menu.
2. Check the box in the top left of the album thumbnail you wish to edit.
3. At the very bottom of the page press a the button that says “choose action”
4. Choose “change privacy” from the menu.
5. Press the “go” button.
6. Check the box next to “Change who can view media items”
7. Check “Everyone”
8. Scroll down and press confirm.

The only thing I have in that box is "Deselect All"

I tried to take a screenshot, but I can't with that menu open. Not with this cheesy free screenshot program.

You can only have one album checked for the “change privacy” option to appear.
On a computer, both albums display, but only one is selected. (checkmark on it)

Nobody should even have the option to change privacy, it's off on all permissions for your usergroups.

Yet one more rabbit hole to fix with this wonderful new software :cheer:

Back
Top Bottom