Gallery Upload Issues

Nobody should even have the option to change privacy, it's off on all permissions for your usergroups.

Yet one more rabbit hole to fix with this wonderful new software :cheer:
We're special.

Mine looks like this...
View media item 1510363

Rob - if we can’t cahnge (or aren’t supposed to be able to change) privacy settings in our own album - then it makes no sense to have privacy options to set when we create one.

And... if we can’t change it, what do I tell folks to do in order to fix it?

:Namaste:

Mine looks like this...
View media item 1510363

Rob - if we can’t cahnge (or aren’t supposed to be able to change) privacy settings in our own album - then it makes no sense to have privacy options to set when we create one.

As I've stated before, this is not something that should even be an option, because too many people don't understand it, it's causing too much confusion and taking up staff resources, and it opens up too many risks of illegal trading through our forums, etc. I tried turning it off for everyone, but it does not appear to have worked, so we need the developers to resolve the issue. On the long ass list, working on it. :thanks:

Mine looks like this...
View media item 1510363

@Amy Gardner I've been warning people when I link the tutorial to not use the "Album owner only" setting.

If they do use it. They must make a whole new album. For the interim, I see no other way around it.

@420
Yep - I get that!
It’s just that now that the categories are all removed (since yesterday) most everyone is creating a new album which defaults to private. So today I’m coming across more pics that won’t display. o_O

So it could turn in to a pretty big issue pretty quickly. Can you turn on those other categories again - at least the - cannabis plants - nugs - grow room setup and supplies... ones like that. They still exist if you’re browsing the gallery so surely you’d want us using them?

It would alleviate this current issue of new albums defaulting to private.

@420
Yep - I get that!
It’s just that now that the categories are all removed (since yesterday) most everyone is creating a new album which defaults to private. So today I’m coming across more pics that won’t display. o_O

So it could turn in to a pretty big issue pretty quickly. Can you turn on those other categories again - at least the - cannabis plants - nugs - grow room setup and supplies... ones like that. They still exist if you’re browsing the gallery so surely you’d want us using them?

It would alleviate this current issue of new albums defaulting to private.

I'm working on it as we speak with the software manufacturer and 3 different developers, trying to figure it out.

This is my highest priority right now, because I agree this is causing a ton of issues.

The goal is to have your own gallery be ready for uploads, without extra steps, like on other social networking sites.

The option to upload to other collective galleries was a mistake I never fixed in the prior software.

If we can't get it sorted today, then I'll at minimum put one gallery up there to make it easier.

One dev thus far has suggested a Add To Gallery button in the post edit window, which sounds dreamy.

Give us a little time to sort it out, just now briefing yet another developer joining the fun.

Ok guys and gals, please test uploads again.

Are you able to upload to your own member galleries now?
I am able to upload into my regular member album

Ok guys and gals, please test uploads again.

Are you able to upload to your own member galleries now?
I was just able to upload - and this is the list of options I had when I clicked ‘Add media’ (Chrome on iPhone SE). Screenshot below
The personal gallery is still an option, but I chose Membet Galleries and then i had to name a new Album before I could upload it (my existing album wasn’t available)

Here’s the pic...

I was just able to upload - and this is the list of options I had when I clicked ‘Add media’ (Chrome on iPhone SE). Screenshot below
The personal gallery is still an option, but I chose Membet Galleries and then i had to name a new Album before I could upload it (my existing album wasn’t available)

Here’s the pic...
Doh! Realised I could’ve selected to add to ‘an existing album’!!

@420 - are you going to remove the ‘personal album’ option? I can see people wanting to choose that...

Ok hope this doesn’t confuse thins for you Rob.

When I browse galleries - and choose my gallery (so this is not during upload or compose or anything, just browsing the gallery). Amy Gardner’s gallery album only has images prior to the migration- so up to feb 14 (or 15th). (Except a few shots that I put in a new album a few weeks ago when I had trouble and made an album because it seemed to fix it at the time).

So I now get the option to add to that gallery when I upload. But pics I’ve uploaded between them and today are not there...

You may know about that already of course.

Ok hope this doesn’t confuse thins for you Rob.

When I browse galleries - and choose my gallery (so this is not during upload or compose or anything, just browsing the gallery). Amy Gardner’s gallery album only has images prior to the migration- so up to feb 14 (or 15th). (Except a few shots that I put in a new album a few weeks ago when I had trouble and made an album because it seemed to fix it at the time).

So I now get the option to add to that gallery when I upload. But pics I’ve uploaded between them and today are not there...

You may know about that already of course.
To clarify - if I follow the link to ‘Your Media’ I see all my pics. But choosing ‘your albums’ I only see shots from prior to site migration or ones I’ve made a special album for in the last few weeks. So most pics I’ve uploaded since the migration aren’t in an ‘album’.

It seems we have to use albums now?

Before answering your question, an important and related thing: A problem started a couple of days ago where the upload process is rotating pics. This is still a problem. I cancelled the test process once just now because a heap of portrait orientated shots got turned sideways. Yesterday I had to manually rotate a whole heap one by one after upload. This wasn’t happening a few days ago. I assumed you knew about it (I think it’s been raised in here) but maybe it got missed. Check out some of the recent uploads - you see heaps of sideways shots (but lots of folk are spending extra time rotating after upload too).

So, now...

How many steps are in the upload process now?
Ok so to it seems the same as what DrDoob described earlier - and it’s still problematic in places. I’ve uploaded some screen shots. (I’m in Chrome on iPad)

When I clicked to ‘Add media’ (from Gallery>Your media), it takes me here, which is just the same as earlier today

Then if I click Member Galleries it still requires me to create an album in order upload.

If I choose to create a personal album it still gives me the option to set access privileges and still defaults to Album Owner only.

So it all seems kinda the same.

QUESTION: is it possible for the following to happen:
Under the gallery menu, have an item called ‘Add Media’, which takes you directly to the page where you upload photos. Have the media placed automatically into a default album for each member. ANd then give us the option to organise media into albums from there if we want to (i.e., after upload).

Its easy to create a BOOKMARK to the Final step of the Processes on a PC and Phone like I did, which would eliminate 4 steps, seems like its 5 steps now, which is a few less than Originally:welldone:

Now we need DRAG and DROP of pics into the Gallery like we used to have:theband:

Back
Top Bottom