Gang's Second (Box) Grow: CFL + LST + Soil

Even since last night the babies have improved significantly. I think what I've experienced should be called "reverse transplant shock." The only "shock" was how quickly the babies took to the FFOF soil: immediate. I gotta give thumbs up to both the InstaGreen foliar spray and Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil for saving my babies, Flotsam and Jetsam. One might say that the Ocean Forest soil has turned the tide for them. Get it? No? Ooof! Tough crowd. Don't worry, I'll keep my day job.

Big improvement w/ Flotsam:
DSCF000525.JPG

I get it Gang!! Maritime humor-gotta love it. And yes those babies have come back from the wreckage and look great. Great vibes out to them. :;):

Thanks for using my name suggestion for the Big Girl-Gaia I-U know, long and lean ain't so bad. She'll spread out for you I'm sure. Shweet! :goodjob:

I am so glad!!!! Gratz on the fix!:Rasta:

The new soil added a whole new dimension to the health of the plants. They are becoming a very nice green color and the texture of the leaves has improved dramatically. Thanks for checking in.

Cool, glad to hear they are back on track, Great job...

Thanks sonzor. For a while there I thought those little ones were history. But now, even leaves I thought for sure were gonna be toast have regained lots of color.

I get it Gang!! Maritime humor-gotta love it. And yes those babies have come back from the wreckage and look great. Great vibes out to them. :;): Shweet! :goodjob:

Your good vibes worked, palcah! Thanks, man.

So lets check it out!

Pics from two days ago:
DSCF000125.JPG

week_1dscf0009.JPG

End of Week 1 (two days ago):

week_1dscf0011.jpg

DSCF00197.JPG

I had to repot Gaia because she was a bit yellow too and not getting any greener and the other two rebounded so quickly in the new soil. I'm glad I did it, because she was practically rootbound. Nice mass of roots and everything looks good but way to tight in there. I broke up the roots a bit in really compacted areas near the bottom, but otherwise I just tried to make the transition to the new, larger container as stress-free as possible.

Current pics:

Flotsam
01_31_201005.JPG

01_31_201004.JPG

Gaia I: the Great Palm Tree, and Jetsam:
01_31_201003.JPG

Jetsam:
01_31_201001.JPG

01_31_201002.JPG

And here is what they looked like on Jan 16, just a couple of weeks ago . . .
I thought for sure they were gonna be toast.

01_16_2010011.JPG

:woohoo: Great pics of the girls. Sooooo glad you replanted Gaia I; She looked good before and now I bet she is gonna be one Perky lady. I can't believe the lil girls(can't call them that anymore) look so great. Wow. Jetsam has some perfectly shaped leaves on her-and they are both so green. Congrats. Hope this new found health "stays on course"!! :cheer:

nice recovery ....they looked like there was no hope for them...:goodjob: Keep it green :cheer:

Thanks tunes420. I'll do my best at keepin' it green!

:woohoo: Great pics of the girls. Sooooo glad you replanted Gaia I; She looked good before and now I bet she is gonna be one Perky lady. I can't believe the lil girls(can't call them that anymore) look so great. Wow. Jetsam has some perfectly shaped leaves on her-and they are both so green. Congrats. Hope this new found health "stays on course"!! :cheer:

When the lights came on today, Gaia was looking about the same as yesterday, a little yellow in a few places but nothing too bad. The problem was that she was not looking really green, especially compared to Flotsam and Jetsam in their new soil. In fact, the lil girl's newer foliage actually looks and feels much healthier than Gaia's. They have stayed green and each has grown several inches over the last week and a half. The InstaGreen foliar spray helped too, but I only used it for a few days on each plant. That soil rocks.

Holy sh!t! I had no idea you had a journal goin!!!! Welcome back bro.

Terrific LST job on Gaia. Seriously, you really cant beat that LSTjob, she's going to friggin explode. And Jetsam is cute too, runts sometimes get vigorous growth spurts, so i've got faith that shes gonna go crazy in bloom as well.

Great recovery, definitly a big difference from Jan. 16th to now bro, keep it up Gang :cheer:. Have you gone through all your bud? Bro, idk wtf happened but i harvested close to 5.5 oz on Dec 21st, i've only got like 2 ounces left lmao.. I've been chilling out on smokin the last few days but its soooo great and convienant to not have to call anyone or chase anyone for meds. I just pop my jar open, roll up, and get cotton mouth like a mother-effer.

I've been hella busy, dont take it personal that i havent checked up Gang! I'm subscribed and gonna definitly try and check up more, cuz your last grow was a muthafuckin blast.
And of course it only gets better, right bro? lol

Lets get growin :cheer::popcorn:

DR:peace:

Very nice comeback. Great job... + rep

Thanks sonzor. I can't believe they made it. They're definitely fighters!

Holy sh!t! I had no idea you had a journal goin!!!! Welcome back bro.

Terrific LST job on Gaia. Seriously, you really cant beat that LSTjob, she's going to friggin explode. And Jetsam is cute too, runts sometimes get vigorous growth spurts, so i've got faith that shes gonna go crazy in bloom as well.

Great recovery, definitly a big difference from Jan. 16th to now bro, keep it up Gang :cheer:. Have you gone through all your bud? Bro, idk wtf happened but i harvested close to 5.5 oz on Dec 21st, i've only got like 2 ounces left lmao.. I've been chilling out on smokin the last few days but its soooo great and convienant to not have to call anyone or chase anyone for meds. I just pop my jar open, roll up, and get cotton mouth like a mother-effer.

I've been hella busy, dont take it personal that i havent checked up Gang! I'm subscribed and gonna definitly try and check up more, cuz your last grow was a muthafuckin blast.
And of course it only gets better, right bro? lol

Lets get growin :cheer::popcorn:

DR:peace:

Dro! Always great to have you! Don't worry, I've been busy lately too, so I know how it is. Yeah, I know what you mean, having all that smoke available. Just crack open the jar, then get relaxed. And the smoke has been getting better the longer it cures, no doubt. I still have some left, but not much. In other words, I've been blazing that shit like a f'n madman since mid December and I'm pretty much down to popcorn buds! LOL! Still, the meds will have lasted me 1.5 months of smoking/vaporizing it pretty much whenever I want/need. The box has already paid for itself, and then some.

And Gaia I: the Great Palm Tree (name thx to palcah and Linkorien) is bigger than either of the plants from the first grow at this time point. She's at day 11 and stretching. Last grow they stretched until about day 20. Flowers are beginning to form. Because I ran out of space, Jetsam had to go into flower along with Gaia, but she's just loving life in there and has a nice little top bud forming. Flotsam is vegging along with mom. Again, everyone loving the FFOF soil.

So, hell yeah! Let's get growing! :cheer:

I'll be waiting patiently for the updates. Cause I remember how juicy and full of trichs your ladies were last time, and you said Gaia is bigger.... ooooh boy!

P.S. Idk but for me, its better to smoke the lil popcorn buds first and let the main colas and top colas cure more. I had a lot of pop corn bud, and pretty much spent the first 3 weeks smoking that and almost only that and some medium size buds. Now, im breaking up the main colas and smoking em.

Ahhhhhhh good stuff. Lol, my bad for showin off. See u around gang :surf:

I'll be waiting patiently for the updates. Cause I remember how juicy and full of trichs your ladies were last time, and you said Gaia is bigger.... ooooh boy!

P.S. Idk but for me, its better to smoke the lil popcorn buds first and let the main colas and top colas cure more. I had a lot of pop corn bud, and pretty much spent the first 3 weeks smoking that and almost only that and some medium size buds. Now, im breaking up the main colas and smoking em.

Ahhhhhhh good stuff. Lol, my bad for showin off. See u around gang :surf:

Yep, oh goodie! is what I say. She's bigger and she should have a LOT more tops too if the LST works out the way I hope. And don't count Jetsam out either. She is going crazy! Seems like every time I open the box she's a different plant.

And next time I'll smoke the popcorn buds first to allow the larger buds to cure longer. Great idea. Enjoy those colas, man!

:woohoo: Jetsam is filling in-she must like it in with Gaia. GaiaI-"potential"-Hell Yea!!-the new soil seems to have done her some good. Congrats man. Pics are great.

:woohoo: Jetsam is filling in-she must like it in with Gaia. GaiaI-"potential"-Hell Yea!!-the new soil seems to have done her some good. Congrats man. Pics are great.

Thanks, man. Here are some more pics (day 17):

Here you can also see the additional intake fan I recently added. Canopy temps are running about 85-86F max now, much better compared to the last grow.
DSCF001111.JPG

I'm liking what I'm seeing here. She is much bigger and much greener than the day-17 plants from last grow. Schweet!

DSCF000232.jpg

DSCF00148.JPG

Jetsam is going crazy trying to catch up! Here's her top:
DSCF00127.JPG

I'm liking what I'm seeing here. She is much bigger and much greener than the day-17 plants from last grow. Schweet!

DSCF000232.jpg

DSCF00148.JPG

DSCF00127.JPG
[/QUOTE]

Schweet is right brother. Gaia is kicking some A--! Jetsam-crazy girls are the best. Congrats again on the awesome improvement.:blushsmile:

Thanks, man. Here are some more pics (day 17):

Here you can also see the additional intake fan I recently added. Canopy temps are running about 85-86F max now, much better compared to the last grow.
DSCF001111.JPG

DSCF000232.jpg

DSCF00148.JPG

DSCF00127.JPG

Awwww, look at all the pistils everywhere.. And Jetsam looks pretty. Sometimes I like my women anorexic lolz. All jokes aside tho, once they bud out, Jetsam is prolly going to have a singular donkey d!ck cola

we're comin along :slide:

dro :popcorn:

Schweet is right brother. Gaia is kicking some A--! Jetsam-crazy girls are the best. Congrats again on the awesome improvement.:blushsmile:

Agreed then, crazy chicks are the best! LOL. Anyway, apparently the sugar fairy visited Jetsam last night and sprinkled a little love her way . . .

Awwww, look at all the pistils everywhere.. And Jetsam looks pretty. Sometimes I like my women anorexic lolz. All jokes aside tho, once they bud out, Jetsam is prolly going to have a singular donkey d!ck cola

we're comin along :slide:

dro :popcorn:

". . . singular donkey d!ck cola," preceded by, "all jokes aside. . . " wtflmfao! :rofl:

Yeah, I wonder how fat that thing is gonna get. I'm trying to avoid LST on her unless she stays stretchy and we run out of vertical space. We'll see what happens.

Update:
day018_004.JPG

day018_003.JPG

Back
Top Bottom