Gardenfaerie's Non-420 Gardening Thread

the Trichster aka Brian

cause i like you so very, very, very much, especially on a day like today:thanks:,

For a true 420 friend:thumb:

caught on my other boat, 500 feet down, a pound of lead to get to the bottom

called a Lingcod, prized fish, big teeth, rare catch! if you are a vegetarian, we let it go!

lingcod.jpg

Ya big baby! None of those little critters have ever bothered anybody in my yard. I've had many a pool partay and nobody ever got hurt from a little hiding spider who never comes out or a little lizzy who runs 100 mph away when you look at it.
I would have a heart attack on the spot if I was in that pool and saw that snake...:thedoubletake:.. Got bite on my right leg when I was 13. My folks had a place at Sardis, MS and we were swimming off the pier and if anyone ever tells ya they can't bite under water... they tell lies cause oh yes they can... I almost lost my leg and now I can see one across the field and I won't leave the house until it's gone. I don't like spiders and snakes. I honestly think your gardens are some of the most beautiful I have ever seen but I will just have to look at the pics.....:circle-of-love:
Dennise, you wanted phots of plants today. Here ya go girlfriend.

12469.jpg

21653.jpg

I swear they grew a few inches today in the morning sun.

Oh so much better... They look amazing. Come about end of Sept or early Oct things should be all bud around there...:yahoo:... I can't wait to get my flux on outside. I'm going to make sure I leave enough room in the tent just in case I get to freaky with her being outside but am hoping I can leave her out there the whole season..:circle-of-love:

Wow - not just a lusciously spectacular garden, but a proactive wildlife habitat and sanctuary. Like you say, if lots of people did a little, with a few, like you, doing a lot, we'd change everything.

Very glad to learn so much more about what you know and what you do!
:green_heart:

Makes me wish I had a yard so I can transform it in to my sanctuary lol.... I saw a fella in one pic , that must be Mark , you puttin him to work that day? lol much love GF! Be safe eh!

So glad I saw your link to your garden. Just beautiful...like the professional competitive gardens set up each year at my local county fair. You have serious gardening skills and an artist's eye to be able to set it up so well. Your 420 skills must also be awesome. I agree with Jason King who said women are the best 420 gardeners in the world.

So glad I saw your link to your garden. Just beautiful...like the professional competitive gardens set up each year at my local county fair. You have serious gardening skills and an artist's eye to be able to set it up so well. Your 420 skills must also be awesome. I agree with Jason King who said women are the best 420 gardeners in the world.

What a sweet thing to say. Anybody can develop gardening skills if they've read the books I read, and garden as long as me! I have been gardening ornamental plants for 45 years. Eventually, something rubs off! haha

OK I officially think you are nuts!!!! I love the flowers and the garden and all the greenery but snakes and spiders and bugs and lizards!!!!!! I love ya Garden but never mind on the hammock... Not a problem... I will stick with my cocoons in the field (cause they are going to die) and I think your back yard is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen and I love the birds and bunny but I doubt you could pay me to walk back there after seeing those pics..:thedoubletake::thedoubletake::thedoubletake: ......:circle-of-love:

Dennise, Dennise
I'm late commenting but that . Spider and spider babies are SOOOOOOOOO cute :)

Yesterday we had a 15yr old girl grab a garden snake and chase down two 15 yr old boys who ran screaming. And this is farm country. Hah!

I love love love your animals, geckos, dragonflies, too many to mention

Gardenfaerie you have a very beautiful garden. I'm sure glad I ventured in for a look. It takes a lot of years to get something to look that nice. Thanks for sharing this part of your life.

Thanks for the flowers, they are lovely.

I was rereading your first page and thinking of paths.

Last week my wife pointed out how the doves walk the paths. Our paths are a mixture of brown leaves, chunks of tree bark, grass, and "weeds." They address about 60% brown and 40% green. The doves walk only on the brown sections. They thread their way between the green plants to blend in.

Our formerly black cat, now sable in her dotage, tries to walk the brown but she is too large. She gravitates to turned earth to hide her bulk.

We walk the paths, the deer walk the paths when they visit, and the catbirds walk the paths when they feel like strutting

Radio, you simply must go to the library and get out two books. Noah's Garden and her second book, Planting Noah's Garden by Sara Stein. She instructs from a to zed about the types of paths certain species like, like grouse or pheasant, etc. She addresses mammals also. She turned her property back into a wildlife sanctuary using native plants and orchestrating the different widths and materials used to host species. You already noticed how the doves like to walk on the brown. Very true. They do this to avoid snakes in the grass.

Speaking of snakes, that silly snake is still under the shed. A bunch of grackles chased it out of a giant privet and it went under the shed again. Didn't have a rattle and looked like either a corn snake or rat snake of some sort. I wish the thing would go elsewhere so my bunnies can live in peace. I haven't seen a mouse or rat in almost a year. So there's that.

Get those books. You will love them.

Tuesday we had a brown garter snake on the path between where the doves stroll and the (2 inch high) corn patch. Too small to threaten a dove :)

Tuesday we had a brown garter snake on the path between where the doves stroll and the (2 inch high) corn patch. Too small to threaten a dove :)

I read Noah's Garden around 1996. I read at least 150 other books that year, and I have an oaf memory, so I could easily re-read them and enjoy them fresh.
I might try to pick up copies for the garden and a water proof box to keep them handy by the favorite musing bench.

Thanks for encouraging my appreciation of nature :green_heart:

I read Noah's Garden around 1996. I read at least 150 other books that year, and I have an oaf memory, so I could easily re-read them and enjoy them fresh.
I might try to pick up copies for the garden and a water proof box to keep them handy by the favorite musing bench.

Thanks for encouraging my appreciation of nature :green_heart:

First, sorry...I am not getting notifications when someone posts a reply to me. I'm going journal by journal this morning. I'm so happy you read Noah's Garden. I'm re-reading it again now. Fresh eyes and all. So funny you are saying a waterproof box! I just said to Mark not ten minutes ago that I want to run up to Lowes and buy a mailbox and post for the garden. Hahaha. That and the new free library box I want to build and put up.

Back
Top Bottom