The chop: half rack only. I'm done tonight. Bushy girls:
000_1341.JPG

Stripped on down:
000_1347.JPG

85% trimmed
000_1355.JPG

wow again GATOR!

i can taste em from here.

by the way thanks for the help last week i finally got toddlers moved to there new home. check it out if you get some time. i have posted picks of parts used and what the toddlers look like after the drastic nute change. you were right again, they were so hungry and exploded! well as much as they could.

Lastly, whats dry weight on those, per girl. Man, they're nice- i want.

quick question. they're in 4th week of veg and two have shown sex. boy and girl.

i'll keep the boy in soil for later use but they are growing slow as far as hight.
i think the 1000w MH is too close so they're not reaching for light should i switch to HPS?
If they're in veg light cycle, how would you know sex unless they're scion of Rude(eralis).
As to veg size when flipped: You want solid fill of buds where there is light.
Few plants = lots of veg. Many plants = short veg. Vigorous flowering requires a vigorously vegging plant when flipped. Let them get 12", and have some big fan leaves.
If your light is too close, the closest leaf tips will 'burn', and let you know.
lastly, whats dry weight on those, per girl. man they're nice- i want.
Those are half, the other half is 'in process'. I'm on break, pictures later.
Its wet, and I can only guess: half pound yield.
looks great brother. nice fat buds. those lights kick ass
Thanx Irish, I'm pleased with them. I'm running 3 CMH cab grows, but
part of the credit is for the direct light from the bare vert bulbs :)
Nice Budz PG.... look like a pretty heavy harvest
Thx BL, about half pound from 250 watts.
Very nice Gator! I hope I have some buds like those in my future...
Thx OBX, I'm sure you will ;)
For some reason, I'm still trying to keep everything in my head, which may have worked 20 years ago, but not so good today, lol.
LOL SS. If I don't make a journal entry, I'm left without a clue when I flipped a cage. Toppled cow memories are just as clear in my old head. My memory compression software is leaking oil.
ok, so how are you going to use salt to dessicate your buds?
I'll show you in a picture later, hopefully tonight :)
Jeeze PG, I wish it was christmas
Then next month, 'stead of scrounging
To an island I'd be flying,
Or at the least, a nice isthmus

And, on top of the light, I just ordered another tent for 20/4 vegging... am I committed, or should I be committed?
Yes! More tents, more poetry. Look at what has become of you Mr Horse, since you were gifted with a light. The plan is: To overgrow the world! Big Grow

If they're in veg light cycle, how would you know sex unless they're scion of Rude(eralis).
I remember reading somewhere that some plants will show signs of sex during veg. This was my experience on my first grow. I started from seed and vegged 18/6 under CFLs for 7 or 8 weeks. I was vegging in my bedroom closet while I drug my feet building my grow cabinet. I had one or two plants, out of 12, that showed me female pre-flowers about 5 or six weeks into veg from seed. It was a bagseed grow so I don't know the genetics but it didn't appear to be a ruderalis cross.

Got the rest down, and am trying to get the thick 'n heavy colas broken down to dry.
000_1363.JPG

My phoney-ass sidewalk 'salt' ain't. HoDePo fo' sho' tomorrow, I need desiccant

The other side is an education: no buds behind fan leaves. What are they for?
000_1360.JPG

000_1359.JPG

Concurrent cage, 250 v 4 PX @16 days of 12s
000_1372.JPG

000_1370.JPG

They're still thready enough to look as good from the dark side.

amazing colas my friend. very cool
They a gratifying result Irish, but the best is yet to come.
These are so thick, I feel under the gun to get them dry in a hurry.
So you got bigger buds where you trimmed the fan leaves?
Pruning lower branches to intentionally leave only three or four stems was good. I didn't prune enough fan leaves for middle colas to develop. Only small and sad little useless popcorn came up behind fans. I hypothesise that those big factory wharehouses are for seed stores. That stored energy could make oils and other seed goodies if pollen brought the need.
The fronts of colas thickened towards the light, while the shady rear sides stayed flat and undeveloped. Like a side view shape of a late term pregnant woman.
I could only try to show this shape in photo, but twin eyes see it clearly:
000_1353.JPG

Still, these at the thickest colas I've grown yet. Dissasembly of a few so far has turned up no bud rot, but that is the worry with big colas. Low humidity will help in the future to keep the results of more light healthy.
Nice work as always Gator!!
Thanx OBX, for you attention and appreciation.
I try to learn something new every grow, and share those lessons learned.
This grow came up fat and sassy on lean cusine, with no additives. ;)

they prune off all the fans leaves when the plants are young in veg, and everyone seems to like it and gets great results. they say it must be done in early veg though..
Sounds good, Irish. That's what I was thinking: less fan leaves is better.
My veg period is v short, that's not the time to prune them. I will devise a schedule:
When that big, greedy, supersize mofo pisses me off! :smokin:

"Oh yeah? You sticking up for your big green fan brother?"
Away with his ass, too.
Yup, Hempy sez he wacks his big leaves from the get go. It sure works for him
That's the word, Thunderbird. Gonna get on that, Horse. And ride!

Some plants. Last bagseed I grew gave me beautiful single colas from zero veg, was
strong smoking hermi bud. I don't miss those surprises.

High Pot Pie, glad you stopped by

Amen and pass the bowl RE: those suprises. To wit, I am currently growing clones.;)

Always good to see you brother Gator.

MBS, I'll subscribe to your thread now. Give me a bit to catch up, though. Listen to Gator. He's the man.:grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom