Gator's Cage

Hay from Mr Horse? Thank you very much, and I do have an observation of your cage. Beyond my gratitude for your sincere flattery of emulating my grow, I think yours may be right on their own schedule. They aren't as frosty perhaps, but they are not the same strain. It ain't all about the grower and his tricks. PE rocks on sticky and stink, I'm lucky to posess this strain.
Your light is buried deeper in your canopy than mine. I waste some light power, but I try to get a little bit of light on the tops. I'd love to bury mine, if I had auxiliary top lights I would. I think the claw may be the leaf trying to shield her stomata from your fire. GWS tried that trick more than PE does, but your Jacks got a case going on. They probably don't shade the bud as much, so you don't have to think about pruning them?
The plateaus of growth stages is largely unremmiting observation. Raising kids is this way. Take pictures everyday, with the time/date included. Having said that, mine seem to be exploding with stigma clusters popping out of the buds to build colas. I've added no bloom enhancement nutrients, just GenHydro Flora. They might have responded strongly to the trauma of a severe cut-back, but IDK.

Thanks Canna
Wonders are mostly genetic, but...
CMH doesn't seem to hurt :smokin:

Hay PG, thanks for the ruminations :smokin: I, too, think that this claw has something to do with light/heat stress. I have been moving the bulb about a vertical foot, in increments.

Lavendar hinted that her Jack's may get clawy, too. Events seem to have lined up which produced results, but sorting 'em out is a little more than guessing now? But that CMH is bright, so shielding makes sense.

My cage may be a little small, too. 19" +/- diameter. I've been pulling the bulb away from the big Jack an inch or so. New clawing seems to have stopped... but that also means I'm pulling the bulb closer to the little Jack, and she hasn't shown much reaction.

She was also in a more complete vegetative state when I put her in flower. So I'm thinking timing has as much to do with a good, clean grow as anything else?

I've also pruned the hell out of them over a two week period, but those shriveling claws aren't blocking any light now! and, I think the buds ramping back up in size, and they are definitely showing more frosty goodness :slide:

When you say GenHydro Flora, man I see flora gro, bloom, blend, 3 part stuff, and on and on. So, specifically, what are you using? If I'm gonna steal your ideas, I might as well get them all :Rasta:

:peace:

Hay PG, thanks for the ruminations :smokin: I, too, think that this claw has something to do with light/heat stress. I have been moving the bulb about a vertical foot, in increments.

Lavendar hinted that her Jack's may get clawy, too. Events seem to have lined up which produced results, but sorting 'em out is a little more than guessing now? But that CMH is bright, so shielding makes sense.

My cage may be a little small, too. 19" +/- diameter. I've been pulling the bulb away from the big Jack an inch or so. New clawing seems to have stopped... but that also means I'm pulling the bulb closer to the little Jack, and she hasn't shown much reaction.

She was also in a more complete vegetative state when I put her in flower. So I'm thinking timing has as much to do with a good, clean grow as anything else?

I've also pruned the hell out of them over a two week period, but those shriveling claws aren't blocking any light now! and, I think the buds ramping back up in size, and they are definitely showing more frosty goodness :slide:

When you say GenHydro Flora, man I see flora gro, bloom, blend, 3 part stuff, and on and on. So, specifically, what are you using? If I'm gonna steal your ideas, I might as well get them all :Rasta:

Different strains prefer, or are tolerant of different extremes.
PE has no claws, just a too sweet assault on the nose. Can't miss.
Strain traits: love 'em or leave 'em for another.
To affect conditions for optimum, I'd need chart-keeping employees.
And guages :hmmmm:
Without thermometers, hydrometers, nor regular readings from pH nor ec meters,
I too live in the air, trusting the water and the power company. If not comfy, I do something.
GenHydro Flora, Lucas two-part. For stretch, and my 'take' on need, I gave them 10mls micro & 20 mils bloom/gal. Last week I cut back to 7.5 & 15.

Timing is huge. To finish with a solid cylinder of buds, your plant count must be in syc with vegetation and a few other factors. The good part is that most strains are tough & versatile. And wonderfully productive, yielding up good even to bad gardeners.
Then there is the cycling of cage use. Timing

Steal my ideas? What! the nerve :smokin:
Everything I do to grow is stolen already. Although I'll steal engineering ideas from any source that inspires, I'm not launching rockets here.

SS took beautiful photos under CMH light. With his old, inadequate camera.
Heath surrounded a bare HID bulb with growth.
Racefan grew attractively in coir.
I enjoyed a swim in a pool made from a sheet-steel ringwall, and a plastic liner.

Enjoy, but believe little of what you read
Believe much, but not all of what you see
The discarded can be a separate reality
Cannabis helps in accepting this duality

A swell swell sure is swell. :surf:

Pretty work as always PG.
I'll go back to work when the swelling goes down :slide:

40 days
000_1647.JPG

000_1648.JPG

000_1649.JPG

Hawiian coffee and pineapple buds makes for a nice morning.

I finally gave up on their feathered skirts and decided to let the girls show off there legs.

And it is swell!

Finally caught up with this grow, as I have been away a while, and I have to say it is just magnificent! Love the setup, and I did get a chance to glimpse the cage setup you had earlier, I thought that was very creative :bravo: Great job dude, I'll be here for the ride :popcorn: can't wait to see how fat these buds get! :yummy: :peacetwo:

It's nice when the white balance is already balanced ;).

Nice pineapple spears you got goin' there, Mr. Gator.

it's startin' to snow in Hawaii :)
Setting Sun grows killa kine with yellow and purple light
I'm clinging to my Kodak to justify white is right

Plus, it doesn't seem to be hurting that the pineapple is a good luck and prosperity symbol:yummy:

External Venusian fly-traps that they are,
still they're gentler than those wrought-iron raspy knobs. :goodluck:

That's what I call a ring of fire! Looking awesome PG.
Now I have Johnny Cash playing in my head. :smokin:
"burns, burns, burns" Can we hear the Mariachi horns now, please?

Hawiian coffee and pineapple buds makes for a nice morning.

I finally gave up on their feathered skirts and decided to let the girls show off there legs.

And it is swell!
The swell smell would tempt me to hell; fine coffee and fresh-cured herb :Rasta:

Finally caught up with this grow, as I have been away a while, and I have to say it is just magnificent! Love the setup, and I did get a chance to glimpse the cage setup you had earlier, I thought that was very creative :bravo: Great job dude, I'll be here for the ride :popcorn: can't wait to see how fat these buds get! :yummy: :peacetwo:
:welcome:

Mr. Propa Gator, you're suttle
when it comes to rebuttle
smooth as butter without a SSSTttutteR
I give you an :clap: for noun clause
A man without a meter like me
Goes by the signs of the tree.

Hee- I'm High?:smokin:

Happy New Years to you and all!
Thankyou, thankyou very much :adore:

May your new year be filled with rhyme and reason,
great tunes and herb sharing in every season.

I saw Lowriders today, and recalled 1978 in Phoenix AZ. Nice

:lot-o-toke:

...and you worry PG...

Silly.

-Go
Just a :bitingnails: few more days. I know when I'm silly, my cat tells me.

Happy hempy New Year S Bob, T mac and all.

Buds I got are swellin and smellin
All I can do is keep on gellin

45 days, false seed pods have risen to replace the fallen hairs. New stigma form along side in clusters. All is thickly encrusted, even part way out on big stemed fans. Calyx to leaf ratio gets better daily, but the fans are still so damn healthy that it's hard to justify pulling them to make that ratio even better :smokin:
000_1653.JPG

000_1657.JPG

000_1660.JPG

Upside down buds seem happy, but encrusted with THC, who wouldn't be?
000_1664.JPG

000_1665.JPG

Back
Top Bottom