GDB's Multi-Strain Smoke Reports

reverse auction

WtH is a reverse auction? A regular auction is someone trying to sell stuff, with people bidding money for it. Did you... announce that you had a certain amount of money to get rid of, and people bid more and more stuff until nobody had any more stuff that they were willing to add to their pile, so the person who had the biggest pile of stuff at that point then exchanged it for the money that you were auctioning off?

WtH is a reverse auction? A regular auction is someone trying to sell stuff, with people bidding money for it. Did you... announce that you had a certain amount of money to get rid of, and people bid more and more stuff until nobody had any more stuff that they were willing to add to their pile, so the person who had the biggest pile of stuff at that point then exchanged it for the money that you were auctioning off?
Not quite Tortured! :laugh:

Hey TS, long time no see! Ever grow out any of those autoflowers?

Hey TS, long time no see! Ever grow out any of those autoflowers?

I got some to crack. But they were upstairs, across town, and the cups of water evaporated. Tried again, in very moist soil. Some sprouted... and dried up. One of them really wanted to live, though - it had a nine-inch viney stem from its search for light (they weren't close enough to a window).

Trying to grow cannabis on the other side of town in a semi-converted attic in Summer sure is a challenge.

I tried again, a couple of months ago (not Summer ;) ), but couldn't get them to open in water. I guessed that the seed cases had become either impermeable, or too tough for the embryo to open, and decided to help. But I couldn't find my tubing cutter. I remembered some company or other advertising a handy dandy special purpose seed cracker on the forum, so I decided to invest in one. I thought it might be safer for the seed, and have some protection against accidentally launching the seed into some other dimension (unlike a standard tubing cutter). But (sc)Amazon did not appear to sell the things. I searched around, and finally found it. However, it turned out to not be especially cheap, made out of plastic, and sold from a cannabis seed store in (IIRC) another country. At which point, the heavy irony of "might as well just buy some fresh seeds if you're going to do that, dumb@ss!" kind of p!ssed me off, and I didn't buy it.

So I went old-school, and talked my brother out of a scrap of sandpaper. I always assumed that gluing it inside a matchbox, and then bouncing a seed around inside, would accomplish only slightly more than planting it on the moon, or whatever people who don't have calendars and weather apps do, because you're not actually scooting the object against the sandpaper. Plus, I had neither a matchbook nor glue. I tried holding the seed and sanding it. That turned out to be more difficult than they tell you in shop class. But I was able to locate a disposable emery board that was left over from someone's failed local political campaign. Alas, he must have been running on an anti-cannabis platform - because the first seed I tried on it disappeared from my fingertips, and the second opened... but its contents turned into an inch long streak on the emery board.

With few remaining victims subjects, I brought them back home and hid them from the neighborhood thieves. I hid them very well, in fact... <SIGH>

Currently awaiting new developments (in progress).

I hope to have a few plants growing next month. They need to be put somewhere outside, though. And that means within walking distance for a man with significant breathing issues and a bum knee. Options are some tall weeds by a highway that I can just about see from the end of my road, and a brush-covered hillside between that highway (but on the other side, and a mile or so from it) and a wide, shallow creek approximately 35' below. Neither site is optimum... With the first, I'll have to climb a 15' fence. With the second, well, getting halfway down the hill would be easy, because it's as steep as a ladder leaning against a wall. Stopping at my intended destination looks like a challenge - and the last ten feet or so of that hill is a vertical drop into the water where the culvert thing runs under the highway - as does climbing back up. Also, it'll have to be done at night, and my vision goes from "can't see what's across the road" to "can't see the road" when the light fades. But if I can do the hillside location, I might be able to find a length of old garden hose, get a funnel and some tape, and run the hose from almost at the road down to the plant; then, maybe I could casually(?) climb over the guardrail and hold onto it while I pour a half-gallon of water into the funnel once in a while. IDK. Life sucks when you're poor and broken. I should have listened to the parents and gone to college instead of being mental, partying, and working for the first SOB who would give me a paycheck, I guess.

I got some to crack. But they were upstairs, across town, and the cups of water evaporated. Tried again, in very moist soil. Some sprouted... and dried up. One of them really wanted to live, though - it had a nine-inch viney stem from its search for light (they weren't close enough to a window).

Trying to grow cannabis on the other side of town in a semi-converted attic in Summer sure is a challenge.

I tried again, a couple of months ago (not Summer ;) ), but couldn't get them to open in water. I guessed that the seed cases had become either impermeable, or too tough for the embryo to open, and decided to help. But I couldn't find my tubing cutter. I remembered some company or other advertising a handy dandy special purpose seed cracker on the forum, so I decided to invest in one. I thought it might be safer for the seed, and have some protection against accidentally launching the seed into some other dimension (unlike a standard tubing cutter). But (sc)Amazon did not appear to sell the things. I searched around, and finally found it. However, it turned out to not be especially cheap, made out of plastic, and sold from a cannabis seed store in (IIRC) another country. At which point, the heavy irony of "might as well just buy some fresh seeds if you're going to do that, dumb@ss!" kind of p!ssed me off, and I didn't buy it.

So I went old-school, and talked my brother out of a scrap of sandpaper. I always assumed that gluing it inside a matchbox, and then bouncing a seed around inside, would accomplish only slightly more than planting it on the moon, or whatever people who don't have calendars and weather apps do, because you're not actually scooting the object against the sandpaper. Plus, I had neither a matchbook nor glue. I tried holding the seed and sanding it. That turned out to be more difficult than they tell you in shop class. But I was able to locate a disposable emery board that was left over from someone's failed local political campaign. Alas, he must have been running on an anti-cannabis platform - because the first seed I tried on it disappeared from my fingertips, and the second opened... but its contents turned into an inch long streak on the emery board.

With few remaining victims subjects, I brought them back home and hid them from the neighborhood thieves. I hid them very well, in fact... <SIGH>

Currently awaiting new developments (in progress).

I hope to have a few plants growing next month. They need to be put somewhere outside, though. And that means within walking distance for a man with significant breathing issues and a bum knee. Options are some tall weeds by a highway that I can just about see from the end of my road, and a brush-covered hillside between that highway (but on the other side, and a mile or so from it) and a wide, shallow creek approximately 35' below. Neither site is optimum... With the first, I'll have to climb a 15' fence. With the second, well, getting halfway down the hill would be easy, because it's as steep as a ladder leaning against a wall. Stopping at my intended destination looks like a challenge - and the last ten feet or so of that hill is a vertical drop into the water where the culvert thing runs under the highway - as does climbing back up. Also, it'll have to be done at night, and my vision goes from "can't see what's across the road" to "can't see the road" when the light fades. But if I can do the hillside location, I might be able to find a length of old garden hose, get a funnel and some tape, and run the hose from almost at the road down to the plant; then, maybe I could casually(?) climb over the guardrail and hold onto it while I pour a half-gallon of water into the funnel once in a while. IDK. Life sucks when you're poor and broken. I should have listened to the parents and gone to college instead of being mental, partying, and working for the first SOB who would give me a paycheck, I guess.
Sorry about all the sturm und drang with the seeds, but at least I got a great story out of it!

I hope you can get at least a few to harvest sometime.

Hello all.

I'm back with a smoke report on my Reeze McFlurry. It's only been bagged up since May 6th but since I had such a "smashing" success with her the other day I thought I try to smoke a little of her.

Here's what the breeder (Blimburn Seeds) says about her:

Reeze McFlurry was developed from an extremely potent female, Peanut Butter Breath x Zkittlez x (Mac F1 #9), that has a particularly pronounced terpene and cannabinoid profile. Both parent plants were selected through a long process of searching for flavor and potency to finally obtain the properties we had envisioned. Our feminized seeds of Reeze MacFlurry originated from the cross between Peanut Butter Breath x Zkittlez to obtain a more citric profile and then finally crossed with a Mac F1 #9. These are three strains of great renown that have won great prizes and provide us with unique effects and powerful flavors. McFlurry is often chosen to treat those suffering from conditions such as chronic pain, depression, chronic fatigue, nausea or appetite loss, chronic stress or anxiety, and Bipolar Disorder. This bud has super dense and tight, grape-shaped, minty green nugs with thin brown hairs and a coating of thick, frosty, golden amber crystal trichomes. From the first days of flowering until harvest, it is a marijuana plant that gives off a sweet, fruity aroma accompanied with citrus notes that melt in your mouth with an earthy flavor.

Well I didn't get the "fruity aroma accompanied with cirtrus notes" but I definitely got the "earthy flavor," and it is noice! That's not to say the other described qualities were not present, I just didn't pick up on them.

I tested it using my @WEEDGETS MazeX pipe. That may have been my undoing because the MazeX smooths and cools the smoke so much that I can take in more than I am usually able to. Consequently, about 10 minutes after I finished the bowl I was done (and so was the rest of my evening).

This was beyond couch lock -- more like couch lock with shackles and chains! I felt like I had just had an additional 30 pounds of fat added to my butt and and additional 10 pounds to each of my eyelids. I sat and stared, and sat and stared and blinked until I eventually caved in to about an hour-long nap. This was not intended, but near the end of her life I droughted her. Between the time I started that process and the time when I took her down, she "snuck" on a ton of amber trichs.

Here is her lifeline:

12/9/22DAY 1
12/26/22Solo cup to 3 gallon fabric pot (DAY 17)
2/1/23Flipped (DAY 54)
4/22/23Takedown (DAY 134)
5/6/23Bagged

And for those who like pics:

By Flip + 31 she was stacking them up:
RM 3-3-23 F31.JPG

By Flip + 42 some stacks were more than 3 lighters high:
RM stack 3-14-23 F42.jpg

After droughting:
RM OBIT 4-21-23 F80.JPG

After pre-takedown trim:
RM hairccut 4-21-23 END.jpg

And as I see her today:
IMG_6871.jpg

I have a few buddies who like to stop by for little "free-of-charge" sets. I'm going to have fun watching their reaction to this one. Gonna be some snoring going on! :)

PEACE.

Great report, and it's good to hear about the amount of effort good breeders put in to perfect and stabilize their varieties. :thanks:
This was beyond couch lock -- more like couch lock with shackles and chains! I felt like I had just had an additional 30 pounds of fat added to my butt and and additional 10 pounds to each of my eyelids. I sat and stared, and sat and stared and blinked until I eventually caved in to about an hour-long nap.
Make capsules from that and you may have good insomnia meds!
some stacks were more than 3 lighters high:
Whoa, you have a magic floating lighter too?

Hello growers.

I'm here with a smoke report on the Purple Star Killer that I took down last month.

Per the breeder:

Purple Star Killer is an Indica-dominant strain resulting from a cross between Purple Kush and Star Killer. Both of these Indica-dominant strains show impressive coloration. Purple Kush is a Californian strain with a nice appearance and pleasant fragrances as well as relaxing and satisfying effects. Star Killer was a champion in the Colorado Cannabis Cup 2016 in the category of Best Hybrid Flower. This strain offers its Afghan roots and ensures that this magnificent quality strain is resistant to pests and diseases.

From its first days of flowering, Purple Star Killer is a high-quality strain that gives off enjoyable aromas. When you smoke it, it gives off earthy, woody aromas with notes of kush and citrus bursts that will stimulate your palate. In no time, it promotes mental clarity, creativity, and a state of happiness. Its physical effects can take between 20 and 30 minutes to reach the body. This strain is known to calm the muscles, relieving tension.

I toked her using my @WEEDGETS MazeX pipe, an engineering gem that has allowed me to combust more often.

I definitely got the earthy and woody notes described by the breeder, but no citrus bursts. The taste was pleasant but not very distinctive.

The effect was nice but nothing that warrants a lot of hype. I felt relaxed but quite lucid. I was able to finish this smoke report from beginning to end without zoning out or getting distracted. That's not always the case. :)

I'd smoke this weed during the day just because I know at least I'd keep moving!

Here's her life:

12/8/22Day one
12/26/22Solo cup to 3 gallon pot (day 18)
2/1/23Flipped (day 55)
5/1/23End (day 144)
5/16/23Bagged for cure

Fuzzy:
1685637160717.png

After Drought:
1685637222590.png

Trichs at the end:
1685637104472.png

Down:
1685637307433.png

Today:
IMG_6965.JPG

:ganjamon:

She was beautiful! As she sounds to consume! Thanks GDB! :hookah: :green_heart:
Thanks Stone, but that was no glowing review. She was just "okay" to consume. :straightface:

Hello gang.

I'm back with a smoke report on the Crescendo RBx1 from Ethos genetics.

Per the seller:

The Crescendo has long been a favorite of mine as a both grower and a smoker. The phenos we found of this strain were impossible to choose between. They were incredibly stable and equally gorgeous, all with a terpene profile that stood out and deep orange and purple coloring. One pheno in particular really stood out because it smelled as close to moth balls as the real thing. The other phenos all had varying combinations of that fuely, moth ball smell mixed with tangerine/citrus. The smoke will take you straight to the couch, so be cautious about when you partake, and enjoy! Crescendo RBx1 is medium-tall with some stretch; she likes a little training. Sour, gassy and citrus flowers are crushingly strong! Expect heavy, sedated, euphoric effects.
I didn't get the moth ball smell but it did smell like fuel. However, I got every bit of the "heavy, sedated, euphoric effects!"
She's a keeper fo' sho'! I love the taste (fuel-like and also kind of sweet) and effect (Let's party!).
Purported to be between 30-37 percent THC, this one just might live up to that claim!
Smash and dab? Don't get me started on how hard she kicks when that approach is taken!
Here's her timeline:

12/20/22Day 1
1/13/23Up-pot to 3 gallon fabric pot (Day 24)
2/16/23Flipped (Day 58)
5/17/23End (Day 148)
6/1/23Bagged for cure (fridge dried)

Pics!

She was raised in a crowded tent under the @ViparSpectra KS5000. That's her front left.
1691945326018.png

She was a rather tall (by my standards), spindly plant with lots of little popcorn buds.
1691945575457.png

But by the time she was near her end those little buds had connected.
1691946380577.png

And she was "different" with her dark leaves and lots of frost!

1691945406110.png

Here she is cleaned up for her takedown.
Cresccendo END haircut 5-17-23 F89.JPG

In the end she produced 204 grams of dense, sticky buds and this is how I see her today.
IMG_7265.jpg

That's it.

PEACE.

Hello all.

I've got a new report on the Slurricane I took down in October.

She was a nice plant. No problems during growth and healthy at the end.

Per the breeder:

The strain resulting from the cross between a Do-Si-Dos x Purple Punch will produce a hybrid strain Mostly Indica. The strain will likely have a Behigh. It also has a High THC 24% – 28%, making it a great choice for those looking for a strong and relaxing experience.

The Slurricane strain is a cross between Do-Si-Dos x Purple Punch, resulting in a strain with a Berry, Blueberry, Grape flavors, a potent Energetic, Eflower, cannabis concentrate, and terpenes. The terpenes found in Slurricane are to include Delta-Limonene, Beta-Caryophyllene, Alpha-Pinene, known for their Arthritis, Insomnia, Pain properties.

The buds of the Slurricane are rock hard, soaked in resin and often have a crystalline sheen due to the amount of trichomes. They almost look like resinous trichomes. The taste and flavor can be described as the perfect blend of Berry, Blueberry, Grape. Slurricane makes a delicious soft smoke relaxing experience. It´s rare genes produce a premium weed that is hard to beat. Thanks to its large resin production, it is the ideal strain for the pA good terpene profile enhances the flavors of the buds of cannabis plants. Terpenes are volatile organic compounds that are produced in the canbuds. The most common terpenes are Delta-Limonene, Beta-Caryophyllene, Alpha-Pinene, Myrcene, Linalool, Ocimene, Geraniol, Borneol.These terpenes act as a kind of energizer for the flavors of the buds, as they add a fresh, citrusy touch to the sweeter flavors found in the buds.

"Berry, Blueberry, Grape flavors?" My tongue missed all of those flavors! What I got was more like a peppery, cinnamon type flavor, but it's nice. (I'm not sure my taste buds have ever fully recovered from getting Covid.)

Nice effect, very nice! No saggy eyelids but a very nice buzz. I'm flying through this smoke report after hitting a few small bowls. Very focused and in a sharing mood! :Rasta:

Here is her lifeline:

6-18-23Day 1
7-3-23Up-pot to 4 gallon fabric (day 15)
8-1-23Flipped (day 44)
10-14-23End (day 118)
11-1-23Bagged for Curing (fridge dried)

A few pics.

Day 25:
1702357974728.png

Day 46:
1702358097283.png

Array at the end:
1702358186085.png

Today:
Slur nug 12-11-23.JPG

I've got nothing but kudos for this strain. It's nice!

Thanks for your interest.

PEACE

Back
Top Bottom