Geordie: The Start Of My Journey :)

hiya geordie, looked rough the last pics we got to see
before you use up more seeds, lets see if some things could or should be changed
what do they look like now? green but tiny? shriveled and barely breathing?
how did you decide to use rockwool? i have never used rockwool but looks like they drown your tiny patients
anyway waiting for pics
hang in there

Hiya again Folks,

So from the last images i have let the rockwool dry out alot and only fed them very little. Over the holidays i only fed them once a day round about 5pm as i wasnt at home 24/7. I have added some nutrients to the water and removed the plants from the larger rockwool cubes, still keeping them in the small rockwool i started from.

The problem i am really worried about is there size for there age, i mean i'm small for my age but thats only because my mamma never put horse shit in my shoes =) There 5weeks old on monday but they look about 1/2weeks compared to others i have seen and they dont seem to be getting any bigger.

Heres some images, some may not be clear as there from my iPhone. Here is what they look like now Yuyo

IMG_137515.JPG
IMG_137421.JPG
IMG_137310.JPG
IMG_137220.JPG
IMG_137119.JPG
IMG_137020.JPG
IMG_136917.JPG
IMG_136820.JPG
IMG_136713.JPG
IMG_136614.JPG
IMG_137617.JPG

On some of the photos the rockwool looks wet but to touch its really fairly dry, the plants havent been fed all day and its 18.25pm and they were last watered lastnight about 10pm. The room temp is round about 17-18 Celsius round about 64.4 fahrenheit give or take.

Over the past few days, i have seen further leaves appearing, my main concern is the lack of roots, there height and there is some discoloration on the leaves on 2 of the plants.

What do you guys think? have i missed a step i should have taken?

Look forward to all your feedback as always

Regards,
Geordie XD

Edit: I chose rockwool Yuyo, because i seen it on a youtube video that it worked well will hydroponics and tbh i didnt want to use soil

I use rooting plugs made of natural materials like tree bark and stuff
in my dwc and works fine and I don't have to ph it like I do rockwool
which I still have my first batch I didn't use them all lol started using the rooting plugs
works better.
your first pics looked way wetter they look a lot drier now in the pics
if you keep them soaked all the time the roots wont stretch looking for water
but once the roots start going good it wont be as much of an issue as long as the water is oxygenated

Hey Cronic,

Yea i think i will use them next time, rockwool seems a mess on. Pending these plants ever get to the stage where i can clone them then rooting plugs will be used. As for having the water oxygenated, i still dont have Air pumps at this time do you think this may be the problem for my plants being so small?

There almost 5 weeks and if im honest they look the same size they were on weeks 2/3, just with a few more leaves. I have my plants just sitting on top of the clay peppals simply to dry the rockwool out. Should i burry them into the peppals and turn the drippers on? before i was actually dripping water over the top of the plants to dampen the rockwool, but like you say roots wont search for water of there wet and that maybe the case here.

Do you have an approx time i should have the pump come on, and how long to run the pump?

im not real sure on timers for drip lemme look around and see if I cant find an answer for you
as long as the roots are sticking out the bottom if you can get the drip at the bottom of the rockwool should be ok the water will wick up on its own so you don't want it getting too wet
if you can get the drip off to the side and let the root come out looking for it would be better
would have been better to keep them out until you have some roots stocking out of the rockwool so once you drop it in you can
let the roots search for the water and you know the roots is out of the rockwool so it will search from there
just gotta have the drip close enough that it can reach it before it dries out
always good to oxygenate the res, but don't try taking your seedlings out already just leave them be
you don't know where the roots are at this point work with it as it is
lemme see if I cant find a drip time for you

from what I have been reading what you can should do now
is run maybe 3 times a day 10 minutes each time
making sure 3 times a day is enough to keep that plant watered but not waterlogged
as the roots and the plant gets bigger you can increase the times and the amount of times per day you turn it on
you don't need the air but I think the air will make a lot of difference

Cronic,

Your a legend buddy thanks very much for that mate. So upon what you have said, i have left me plants on top of the clay until the roots emerge from the rockwool and i have the drippers fairly close by. I will keep an eye on them over the next few days for roots that start to stretch out. I have set the timer for the pump to come on every 8 hours, 05:50 10mins before lights on then 13:50 and 21:50, i have chose 8 hours as the light will be on everytime they feed, well except 05:50 as thats 10 minutes before the light comes on and lights off at 00:00.

I have labeled them also, so that myslef and you guys can refer to the plant. Here is a few snaps

IMG_138214.JPG
IMG_138116.JPG
IMG_138314.JPG

Again, thanks for taking the time out to help me and i shall report back with some changes :thumb:

:thanks:

they sure want to grow , once had a similar thing happen
plant showed growth but it was in miniature
i never absolutely figured out what happened but i do remember staying with it and finally it grew
i will think on it try to remember more of what happened
sorry i am not more help i have only grown in soil
i will say 64 degrees with a lot of moisture around seems a bit chilly
especially on some tiny patients like those
hang in there
good luck and take care

just make sure the end of that root is getting wet if the roots aren't reaching the drip yet then put the drip closer

Helloooooo Guys!!!!!

Really sorry to have neglected this topic... My house got flooded with all this terrible weather we have been having, the whole of downstairs was 4ft under water and had to be evacuated from our house, not the very best start to the new year at all.. :'(

Anyway enough of the violins ;) While we have been patching up all the water damage downstairs, i have been sorting out a new grow area... (this time upstairs & thanks to the insurance company ;) ) this time i have all the kit ready to go and you can find out all the info in my new grow journal, fingers crossed the bad weather thats on its way again wont force us out the house :thumb:

hiya geordie glad to see you are ok but sad to hear of your troubles
hope that the worst is behind you
good luck on your next attempt
cannot wait to follow along
take care

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom