First Grow For Me, So First Journal Also

Im wondering about topping too. Im also on my first ever experimental grow before growing to treat my sons seizures. Ive done hours of research on this subject. It got so confusing. Some top some dont at all. Some LST, SOG ,SCROG, Lollipop etc.... I decided to go all natural for now. Ive been gently folding the larger fan leaves under the bottom foliage. Lets see what happens. I have 2 sets of plants at different stages to play w.
420-magazine-mobile1947545237.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1751546134.jpg

Sent w my Light, Love and Energies

At what node do you guys start topping? I've read do many different numbers. 3,4,5,6???

It depends on strain and what style you choose, mostly on style. Topping after 5th node allows plant to start more vigorous growth first and gives you good base for LST or Uncle Ben's topping, or just a natural plant with more spread. I do it at 5th node for scrog. It's high enough for me to work under screen and gives me plenty of branches to train into canopy. More intense training like flux or manifolding starts at 2nd or 3rd node.

Im wondering about topping too. Im also on my first ever experimental grow before growing to treat my sons seizures. Ive done hours of research on this subject. It got so confusing. Some top some dont at all. Some LST, SOG ,SCROG, Lollipop etc.... I decided to go all natural for now. Ive been gently folding the larger fan leaves under the bottom foliage. Lets see what happens. I have 2 sets of plants at different stages to play w.

Sent w my Light, Love and Energies

Your plants look really good. As you said no need to top at all. Another member and I are exploring SOG grows for higher quality buds (and higher oil production). And with clones (easy to learn how to do) we can also get high yields from growing multiple plants in small space. Some of the best buds I've grown.

Moe ugly thanks :| stage 4 high stage 3. :(
He was improving lots with chemo. Then they put him on second set of poisons and things are not getting worse but not better either.
I've also come to realize that I don't need to play with the plants everyday.

A word of encouragement for you and your father. I have stage 4 metastasis. 2nd round of chemo didn't quite get it. Following Base Treatment Regimen for Cancer and building up very slowly ( I only got up to 600 mg/day) my tumors are no longer visible. Not only that, it's accelerated my healing from the damage of chemo. Even my brain is healing. Blessings to you and your father for safe healing.

I'm also going to clone 2 more hopefully. 5 plants total if I can take care of them I should be good if I get min 4oz per plant. That's what a friend of mine said I should hope to hit for a first grow. Does that sound right?

First Grow For Me - So First Journal Also

4 oz per plant is a lot. Possible with your light and 4 plants in your tent (4x4 right?). That would be pound per sq. meter almost, or 440 grams. Definitely possible with Nis's help. I'm still trying to get to 1 oz per foot reliably. Make it happen.:thumb:

Just a little jealous here. :) Still one tent, so space is the limiting factor. 1000w in there is 60w per sq.ft., pretty much all the light plants can use. Also vertical space problem. With that much light you may need a little extra space between lights and tops of plants.

Man, I'm just full of problems tonight. Maybe you should stop listening to me and wait for Nis to weigh in. :)

...dreaming of what I would do with another 1000w...

I have a cupboard for seedlings closet for veg and a 4x4x6 tent for flower. T5 for seedlings 400w led for veg and 1000w full spectrum led for flower. 2 early Vixen 1 Dutch treat and 1 CB Dream.

Sent from my SM-G903W using 420 Magazine Mobile App

We have similar setups, though some of our lights are different. I've got a small closet, like a cupboard, for my seedlings, a bigger closet for my veg with a 600w LED, and a 5x5x6.5 tent with a 1000w LED. Must be something in the air, eh?

Transplanted today. Roots are bright white and looking healthy. Pics soon. Hope I didn't stress them too much.
I should have put this out there first,but do you get new soil wet before transplanting?
I didn't and I'm not sure if all my soil is wet. Water was flowing out so i stopped. Will keep a eye on them.Well note to self for next time i guess.

First Grow For Me - So First Journal Also

Hey there New B
Saw you over there on Magnus8 journal thought Id pop in. Noticed you were talkin about LST and topping. You should use both in combination with each other. Both can help you in crease yeild. And just all around really help.
Topping is normally done around the 4th node, And it can really turn on the growth. Lst can really help bush up your girls and help open up more bud sites. You can go check out my journal to see the results. Keep up the good work

Back
Top Bottom