NotoriousnBob's First Journaled Hodgepodge

I'm right there with you too jimmy I'll probably build one out west when I can I love new Mexico. My parents retired to a town with 11 houses 7 of them occupied. They built to suit their wants. They have to drive 70 minutes to get gas 2.5 hrs to a bigger store. No one cares what you do out there shit they'd help you sow seeds if you helped them put up a fence. No one judges anyone they just love each other and respect each other. They live at an elevation that's ideal It's about 85-90 all the time they can drive 45 minutes one way and be in the badlands desert 115 degrees or 35 minutes the other way and be in the mountains where it it snows in winter.. it's making me wish I was back there I almost Left everything and stayed 3 years ago but I got a job offer where I had a house up north east and came back from vacation..oh well in good time I work very hard to realize these dreams.

a few things ive learned about do's and dont's
1, dont post links to other grow sites
2, dont post off topic info such as music videos or none grow related pics,
3, dont share seeds with anyone, i thought this was ok and i ended up in a load of grief from 420, others where doing it so i thought it wasnt going to be a problem,
4, no cheating in contests, a couple of members got caught cheating in the last 12 months.
5, dont advertise products that are from companies other than sponsors, its ok to say you use a product but its not good to advertise a product, our sponsors put up prizes each month so we at least owe it to them to get them some custom and use their products, plus their products work and work well,

im sure other members will add to it if i have missed anything out, but most of it is posting none related info such as music videos or off topic pics like pics of pets etc etc.

but the mods will let you know if you have posted anything you shouldnt, their a great bunch of people and they have sent me msgs in the past letting me know they have removed a pic or removed a post, they do it to keep us safe as you could post a music video then anyone searching the net for that band or piece of music might come across the site if it shows the link to the vid posted on this site.

Hi NotoriousBob ,
No this is my first grow. I did fertilize weekly ( I started with 1/4 strength bi-weekly and ended up full strength and change nutes when it went in flowering , again weekly)
I do have good green leaves ( some lower ones have fallen and some have gone yellow , but it looks all right ). I will start the flush this weekend ( week 8 ) , but will keep an eye on it( need to read on Flora-clean if needed ) .
Do u add time for the plant to starve (or how long is it after last watering )? With ur guidance , I have been able to grow at a steady pace ( will not over water again or use soil from the garden ) .
My 2nd grow has been going well ( much better than the first) since joining :420:

sorry for late reply (went to check my off -grid and got stuck up there ( 35 c/ -32F ) ( so cold Brrrr....).
I am grateful for ur time ( I pick the best 6 member's that seen to have similar goals as I ). I am always checking out ur journals to help me out ( thanks).
Cheer's
J
P.s -There are two kinds of people: those who choose to throw out the good cherries and wallow in all the rotten ones, and those who choose to throw out all the rotten ones and savor all the good ones."

Ok I've been quite busy I can't quite make up my mind on the amount of time I can alot for here but updates will be soon. I've been up to good things and some of them for here. I tried to get some pics up of some clones from flowering plants and some others but for some reason they uploaded horizontal and I think it has something to do with this phone being new and I don't know shit about it. I'll try to get some pics up of that and the plants and maybe a couple new setups I'm working on

Well I have about finished Moving the journal plants into a tent I have set up at that l location. There are a couple new things set up there I'll be showing this one for sure cause it's part of the journal I still want to show a dwc grow too though so later on I might start showing one. But in the mean time it's gonna start getting serious. I got the temps right and finally added some timers I haven't set up the filter and exhaust yet and won't until I add more lights. Also i usually automate the temperature with a heat/cool thermostat and I use a temperature control relay to To control the amount of airflow and exhaust if needed. I am gonna veg a little longer now until the plants have turned their health around and I'll try to catch up the smaller ppants. I'll use 2 400w pulse start metal halides at 7000k the are the best lights I have found for veg bar none the plants stay noticeably tighter and lower I can't explain it but have tried everything and I also have a 600w metal halide at 6500k. So that has me at 1400w now. I'll be adding another 600w after I get the exhaust and such dialed in. I Forgot This Is 6.5x6.5 Tent that I had to modify to fit this space I took 3in off the top due to low overhead and I actually had to take an inch off the circumference of the frame to keep the tent from being overstressed to the point of ripping that was the biggest flaw with these cheap tents I got and then the more typical pinholes in the seams but I've had these in top dollar tents as well. I will get into details on the best way to modify these tents if anyone wants I did another one that I took 6in off as well. It wasn't as bad as I thought and really had no ill effects. So overall I am quite impressed with the quality of these tents other than what I said they are real good even when compared to the high dollar ones I use and they were a quarter of the price. I'm gonna take the pics tonight and hopefully upload them in the next day and when I do I'll get more into the plants they have already turned around and it's been one day. Okay I'll be back k soonish thanks..

Good to hear ! I'll be watching and learning :thumb:
I will be grow some of ur FAV's -ultra Mk ( I know I will not be disappointed ) :yummy:
Hey , how's the ribs ? Hope u found a better ladder (a.k.a -trucks , not so good , eh ):headbanger:
Sorry for the humor, but if stupidly was blessed- I'd be Saint .
Cheer's
J

Haha.. that's funny but so true mate. You got yourself some mk? If so tell me about it and what your gonna do maybe I can share my experience and save you a little grief. I'm feeling a lot better so I've been able to move along still sore though. How's that widow finishing up?

One of my spots was like that.. 2x3s and a 100'x20' roll of black 10 mil plastic sheeting well kinda I guess. I really wanted the tents they are thick 900d and for sure contained. The heat and odor were of concern. I'll put some good stuff out from these.and also being the cellar I wanted to avoid wood due to moisture.. no bugs and no mold.. If I could get it looking like your spot though I might feel differently..

20140112_174317.jpg
20140112_162041.jpg
20140112_161853.jpg
20140112_162059.jpg
20140112_162110.jpg
So here are a cpl of pics of what I'm working on ill still be posting the update real soon just a look you can see how much the plants needed it they were looking rough but have turned around also I have already added another 600w light I hadn't planned on doing it yet but thought it best. Also a pic of that mother plant i chopped way down it bounces back fast.

So I got around to getting these pics from some clones taken from flowering plants. I've answered tons of faq's and other threads about cloning cause just feel I know a great deal about it and it's a common question. And people often don't realize how nice a plants gonna be until it's flowering hard and then want to try and clone it or they put off cutting until it's later than planned so I wanted to actually show some and explain it a little maybe it help someone. I've cloned from plants All throughout their lives I like flowering plants because the way they begin growing after re veg. They branch alot more than typical and remain alot tighter for awhile after they resume new growth. They definitely take longer to root though And to Start showing new growth Because they are returning to a vegetative state from flowering. The only time I've had lowered success has been real late like after 8 weeks ish And it when the plants have been using up their reserve nutrients and ending their cycle. Other than that it's all good if it looks nice clone it! Maybe..maybe not.. either way here's the pics sorry for the rambling I find myself doing that shit all the time like a damn teacher haha.

Back
Top Bottom