First Grow Here - Second Grow Ever

NekoDragon

Caution This first post might be a little long winded!!

After serious reading and thorough consideration "mind spelling" I have decided to start my own journal. Not sure hoe this will turn out but here i go. I have been looking for a way to ease the issues i have in my life and all other med's have not been able to help. More on my problems later if you would like to know. Anyway.......
I have been reading through ALOT of other journals here and even tho I have not posted any thing I have learned alot and would like to post on my experience through my next Grow. I'm not very good at keeping a Journal so please bear with me as i try to open up on this.

As i go through this grow i will try to keep up with pics as my tablet will let me. I try to take pics daily but as it is with my tablet i sometimes find it hard to keep up with uploading pics.

OK enough of that let me continue on with the good stuff I have been Building my own grow box and in the process i decided to start this off with LED lights since as i have had interest for a long time and have read alot of mixed reviews about them. Some journals here have sparked more interest in them after reading them. As i recall the journals I will post the link to them with much respect as they have helped me alot in deciding on the Grow Box that i have built.

Next on the list My current plant is a major mystery to me. As almost all strains are an even more mystery to me. I know the smoke from this plant is a piney relaxing yet harsh smoke(best i could get at the time). In my area it was know as a mid-grade smoke. The guy i got the seeds from called it "Fire" but as the locals know nothing about strains i take the name with a grain of salt. Though i will say the smoke was OK till i came across a new strain(part 2 of this journal i guess). The strain he brought to my attention helped me alot better especially with my pain and nausea.

Anyways my first baby in this journal will be the unknown "Fire" strain. The second will be the new strain (also unknown strain) provided by my friend. The first strain i started from seed and after 11 males i finally got 1 female. I have held onto her for dear life as she has been the first female i have been able to raise in 3 years ("bad luck for me or even a sign that this will be very hard for me"). Anyways the past few months have been very hard for me. Wifey has finally come around to understanding and i finally have a female to try to continue getting my meds without having to worry about what i'm getting or how it will effect me. The second strain i also started as seed but it has yet to reach the point that i can tell what sex it is as it has only been about 3 weeks since i started the seeds (more later on this one).

Now for the lights that i ordered and should be here tomorrow.
First the Flowering Light (NEW - 360w Extreme Flower LED - 3w USA LEDs - 11 Wavelengths)
Second the veg lights (NEW - All Blue Extreme Veg LED - USA Made LEDs)
Not sure how well i did ordering these but if i need to i can replace them.(still learning).
these light should be here today as it is 3 am currently... 3:40 now sorry blanking out occasionally.

I will try to post some pics tonight but if not i will when i get up and the lights are here i will post more including pics. don't think i can stay up any longer.

ok so the light did come today. YAY. I got them setup and realized that my tablet is no longer good enough to take pics with the lights on. I was able to get a few pics last night so this is what i have to work with so far. The first 2 pics are of the unknown female that is currently 28 days into flower but these 2 pics are from around day 20
IMG_20130410_180444.jpg
IMG_20130410_180525.jpg

This next one is of 3 clones on the right from the unknown mother and the two on the left are the new unknown strain
IMG_20130418_034916.jpg

more update to come later today as i finish this Box. I know the quality is not the best but i work with what i got currently.
IMG_20130418_034717.jpg

Any thoughts on what i have growing would be greatly appreciated.

Hope to be done with the box today. Still need to line it seal it and put on the doors. Wish i could have put the entire thing in the house but the wife said no so i am stuck doing this in the garage. I will admit this is a large learning curve for me as i am use to mostly outdoor growing (mainly corn, tomatoes,roses,lavender and others things in that catagory. Growing in a box/room like this is new to me and after reading through some others posts like The Butcher's journals i know i will have issues with humidity and with the exception of proper ventilation im not sure how i will deal with the humidity. If anyone has any suggestions on how to get humidity down to where i should have it in my bloombox it would be greatly appreciated. Currently the humidity in my grage and box is setting at 60 to 70 %.

Ty Lurch Farmer if you can that will be awsome. Heading to store to get the wood for the door and some other items to mount it all. Got to do this in pieces as i have a small vehicle and no access to a larger one. Be back soon hopento have more updates in a few hours.

Got the doors hinges and latches. Took forever to get the wood home so ill have to finish it tommorrow.
Plant update: after 10 hours under the veg lights the little ones have made a very noticeable change. They have perked way up like someone took and pumped them full of steroids, oh wait i think that was me. Anyway the big plant has not really showed much change but then again i still have the issue with humidity and heat as the fans are not yet installed.

Ok quick update doors and splitter wall are up. Babies love the new lights as far as i can tell. They are very perky but slowly growing. Feeding day is tommorrow so i will see how they do after. On to my 1 flowering girl she has gained about a half inch of bud heightening under these new lights. I know she could be doing better and i get control of the humidity she should improve.

I know i forgot to say this earlier so here goes. I am using General Hydroponics Flora Series for my ferts. It is all i could get besides MiracleGrow and i have never had much luck with MiracleGrow. The little ones are in thier second week of veg so i only have them on half strength. The 1 is at 30 days 12/12 and besides her recent burst it feels to me she is a week behind. Now while i am in no hurry to finish her i am bothered at how much suffering she has been through. Hope her clones and the 2 others do better.

OK pics first then I'll explain.
IMG_20130423_231820.jpg

3Clones from the unknown female. Thinking a slight deficiency.
IMG_20130423_231931.jpg

Second unknown strain.
IMG_20130423_231942.jpg

Second unknown strain #2
IMG_20130423_231952.jpg

Side shot of unknown strain 2 twins.
IMG_20130423_231718.jpg

Veg Box not completed yet but sealed.
IMG_20130423_231515.jpg

Unknown Female.
IMG_20130423_231542.jpg

Cola 1
IMG_20130423_231550.jpg

Cola 2
IMG_20130423_231426.jpg

Bloom Box also not completed but Sealed.

OK so that's the lineup for today. I am worried about the Flowering Female Temp in the bloom box is staying around 75f R/H 48. Last feeding was at 75% 4 days ago. 34 days 12/12.
The 3 clones look like they might be deficient not sure tho still doing some in depth reading here on the forums.

subed, looks like your doing alright I spend hours on these forums now lol just reading and learning theres always something to learn

hey thanks and welcome. I hope to get the best i can from my babies. the flowering female still worries me. just seems she is way behind in blooming. but i dont know the strain at all so it could just be the genetics of the plant.

Yeah i decided i wanted to do led's only for this run and see. I read alot on them first and from the looks of the little ones i am happy with the veg light but yet to see the turnaround on the bloom light. Still got some time left on her tho so she my yet surprise me. Heres hoping and patiently waiting.

OK pics first then I'll explain.
IMG_20130423_231820.jpg

3Clones from the unknown female. Thinking a slight deficiency.
IMG_20130423_231931.jpg

Second unknown strain.
IMG_20130423_231942.jpg

Second unknown strain #2
IMG_20130423_231952.jpg

Side shot of unknown strain 2 twins.
IMG_20130423_231718.jpg

Veg Box not completed yet but sealed.
IMG_20130423_231515.jpg

Unknown Female.
IMG_20130423_231542.jpg

Cola 1
IMG_20130423_231550.jpg

Cola 2
IMG_20130423_231426.jpg

Bloom Box also not completed but Sealed.

OK so that's the lineup for today. I am worried about the Flowering Female Temp in the bloom box is staying around 75f R/H 48. Last feeding was at 75% 4 days ago. 34 days 12/12.
The 3 clones look like they might be deficient not sure tho still doing some in depth reading here on the forums.

Looking good. I have a small container that looks just like your bubbler. Are you running oxygen in the little bubbler, or is the oxygen being gathered from the whole veg box? I have little holes on the side of mine, so could I just place a few seedlings in there, or clones and leave it?

the box in the veg side is actually a nano dome i use for rooting has 2 vents on the top to control humidity. I use rockwool rooters and clonex rooting, (1/4 strength nutes x 1 liter once a week). 10 to 12 days in the dome till transferring to 1 gal pots.

just out of curiosity do you keep your light that high all the time or just for the pics cause with an led panel thats pretty far away

i did have it that high a few days ago but as i noticed the stretch in the young ones i added some cord and keep it about 6"-8" above the plants. bloom lights are at 8" constantly except for taking pics that is.

Back
Top Bottom