Johnny Blaze's Lemon Kush Grow

Mini update... I was searching flights for my next climbing trip and realised it's only 21 weeks away from this Friday. This messes with my planned schedule as I will be away come second crop so I have switched things up a bit to compensate. My beautiful Lemon Kush will be flipped to 12/12 next Monday and will flower for 9.5 weeks. This will give me 9.5 weeks to flower the next run and then I'll have 2 weeks to get that dry and in jars before I head away. As the Kush won't have filled the screen by next Monday I will keep filling the net for the first 7-10 days of flower and then let her stretch a bit to gain some vert.
Seeing as I won't have the full 12 weeks to shape the Dream Machine into a decent scrog I dropped a Sour Diesel into water before heading into work tonight. I will train both of them for 8-10 main colas while the Lemon Kush flowers out. Super excited to see how they both grow!!
Will be doing some tucking once she wakes up tomorrow afternoon. Will grab some before and afters when I do. Until then... Stay medicated my friends! :volcano-smiley::Namaste:

Super happy today! The Dream Machine popped her head above ground. Was a bit stressed that she wouldn't make it after the coco dried up two days in a row due to crazy temps over here. Here is how she looked when I first checked in on things today. She was probably 2-3mm taller by the time I left for work.
DSC_009145.JPG

I also spent some time pulling the Kush down under the screen and trying my best to spread all the limbs evenly around the place. Here's some before and afters.
DSC_008747.JPG
DSC_008946.JPG
DSC_008842.JPG
DSC_009041.JPG

That's it for now. I hope everyone's gardens are green and happy! :thumb::Namaste:

Weekly update time! :)
So this morning I changed the timer to 12/12 so tonight is officially day 1 of flower. I am expecting to run it to 9.5 weeks max as that gives me time to squeeze in one more cycle before my holiday. I also upped the base nutes to 3ml/L yesterday to see how she handles it. On Friday I introduced Bud Ignitor into the feed to help get things started. Normally I would give her 24 hours of darkness but she has thrown out so many pre flowers I decided not to bother as she's obviously wanting to grow some buds!
Enough chatter... Here's the pics! Enjoy!! :thumb:
DSC_009240.JPG
DSC_009347.JPG
DSC_009445.JPG
DSC_009541.JPG
DSC_009638.JPG
DSC_009737.JPG

Been awhile since i last visited & must admit i do get slightly side tracked with journals.

Ye i remember now it was about the training method suggested which had myself intrigued, i was not totally convinced at first tho but checking recent posts have opened my eyes & thank you for showing me yet another new approach :thumb:

Not looking to shabby my friend :)

Thanks LA! I'm really happy with how this run is going so far. Wish I had another week of veg to stack some colas but holidays are dictating my cycle atm. So I know for future when do you stop opening new growth up?
Loved your spannabis review! Trying really hard to line up another climbing trip with it next year! :)

Been awhile since i last visited & must admit i do get slightly side tracked with journals.

Ye i remember now it was about the training method suggested which had myself intrigued, i was not totally convinced at first tho but checking recent posts have opened my eyes & thank you for showing me yet another new approach :thumb:

Not surprising you get side tracked Fuzzy. I'm pretty sure you are in all the journals I am currently stalking which is well over 20! :)
I'm glad you learnt something from my journal. I'm winging it with this grow as it's the first time I've done a scrog. I don't think my training would have worked as well if I got a indica dominant pheno.
Update coming later today! :)

Ok so tonight will be day 9 of flower and everything is going well! There hasn't been a huge amount of stretch but that is to be expected with all the training she has received. I got right in and had a good look at things last night and noticed some rust spots on the lowest leaves. Not sure if it is a slight calcium def or just necrosis as those leaves get no light? I also noticed some slight nute burn on one side of the plant when I glanced in this morning so tonight I will give her a 10L flush of straight ro water then a couple of litres of light nutes. Hopefully this will help her use up some of those excess nutes.
Enough blah blah... Time for some pics! The first couple are from last Friday when I tucked her under the net for the last time. The rest are from yesterday!
DSC_010426.JPG
DSC_010536.JPG
DSC_010731.JPG
DSC_010927.JPG
DSC_011028.JPG
DSC_011131.JPG
DSC_011227.JPG
DSC_010830.JPG

That's it for now. I will grab some shots of my two babies tomorrow. The Dream Machine is doing well.. The Sour Diesel isn't. I may have to drop another if she doesn't pick up soon.
I hope everyone's having a great week! Questions and comments as always are encouraged! :volcano-smiley: :Namaste:

dont flush with water now. If you going to flush run half strength nutes. it acts like a magnet pulling excess salts out of the medium and also still gives plants something to feed on. My plants always have the slightest nute burn on the tips as I push my plants hard. But knowing when to pull back is important.

Looks good.

dont flush with water now. If you going to flush run half strength nutes. it acts like a magnet pulling excess salts out of the medium and also still gives plants something to feed on. My plants always have the slightest nute burn on the tips as I push my plants hard. But knowing when to pull back is important.

Looks good.

Thanks for the advice buddy! I checked in when she woke up last night and it hadn't progressed so I held off on the flush. Instead I dropped the Bud Ignitor from 2 to 1ml/L as she's had a solid week at full strength. PPM was at 1500 which I think is about right for this stage. :thumb::high-five:

Looking really good & i'm sure yield will be equally as impressive.

I wouldn't worry to much about the lower leafs as it could just be the lack of light how ever most macro nutrients defs will start on the lower leafs first & work their way up, i see you have adjusted PPM so that should keep things in check but may need to be increased around mid flowering tho.

Nutrient burn mainly effects the fan leafs & that may happen all over the plant, perhaps a bad case smaller newer leafs might get burnt.

Some scroggers will clean up the under canopy area at some point & remove the lower leafs to aid in improved air flow whilst a little defol could prove helpful around the 3rd week of flowering to aid with air flow in the main canopy area also greater light penetration to help those's bud swell.

Defol is not every body's cup of tea mind you, but don't knock it in till ya try it !

Just need to think a little about the extra air flow around the canopy to help prevent problems.

Looking really good & i'm sure yield will be equally as impressive.

I wouldn't worry to much about the lower leafs as it could just be the lack of light how ever most macro nutrients defs will start on the lower leafs first & work their way up, i see you have adjusted PPM so that should keep things in check but may need to be increased around mid flowering tho.

Nutrient burn mainly effects the fan leafs & that may happen all over the plant, perhaps a bad case smaller newer leafs might get burnt.

Some scroggers will clean up the under canopy area at some point & remove the lower leafs to aid in improved air flow whilst a little defol could prove helpful around the 3rd week of flowering to aid with air flow in the main canopy area also greater light penetration to help those's bud swell.

Defol is not every body's cup of tea mind you, but don't knock it in till ya try it !

Just need to think a little about the extra air flow around the canopy to help prevent problems.

Thanks for the kind words mate! I am a huge fan of defol. It's essential to getting light down to the lower reaches. Stretch is slowing down so I will probably go nuts on her mid next week. Last couple of days I've been removing anything up top that is shading the lower bud sites trying to grow thru as well as pulling off about 2 hand fulls of stuff that is dying underneath. The rust spots was definitely necrosis caused by lack of light down there. I also realised that the nute burn I was seeing is actually wind burn as it is isolated in the region that gets the brunt of the air movement. There is still the slightest tip burn all over but that's cool. The bigger discolouration is definitely being caused by the fan. :)

All good news ah.

I may suggest dropping a PM to Cultivator as i know he's pretty good with defol method & can offer more light to the subject :thumb:

It some thing like the 3rd week of flowering then last 2 weeks before harvest but maybe a % on how much you remove per time ?

More likely a few years now since defol became about on the forums if i remember correctly, lets just say it was a barrage of opinions on the matter but ye i seen the results & errors in my way... guess i learnt the hard way on this one & taught me to be more open minded than a narrow fixed opinion.

All good news ah.

I may suggest dropping a PM to Cultivator as i know he's pretty good with defol method & can offer more light to the subject :thumb:

It some thing like the 3rd week of flowering then last 2 weeks before harvest but maybe a % on how much you remove per time ?

More likely a few years now since defol became about on the forums if i remember correctly, lets just say it was a barrage of opinions on the matter but ye i seen the results & errors in my way... guess i learnt the hard way on this one & taught me to be more open minded than a narrow fixed opinion.

I'm sure Cultivator will correct me if I'm wrong but iirc he doesn't defol in flower, he hits them hard before the flip and then let's them go from there. I will have to as I'm using led which lacks the penetration that HPS has. With the p300's the best spectrum mix is at 2ft so I have the lights just over 2ft above the net. This distance worked very well in my auto grow.
The usual defol days are 21 and 45 in flower but I just go by how each plant is growing. I use a very similar defol method as what LA does for his fluxes. Start in the middle, go top to bottom and then out. Take anything that is shading a node leave one fan at the top and more down low. I will probably take around 50% off. Also anything on the outer edges of the scrog gets left as they don't shade anything and there is usually a little less light in the outer edges so extra fans there help those bud sites take in more light. :)

Back
Top Bottom