Johnny Blaze's Lemon Kush Grow

Wow JB, that is a massive hair cut! I'm still too much of a newbie to be comfortable cutting that much. Much respect sir!
I decide to trim my photo above my comfort level after seeing yours on the first page. I'm still not have enough to cut much more, yet. But, I may get a wild hair up my ass and cut more. The next time I approach her with scissors I'm going to say, "Johnny Blaze is making me do this"! So, if I cut too much and she dies, it's going to be your fault :) !!!

Wow JB, that is a massive hair cut! I'm still too much of a newbie to be comfortable cutting that much. Much respect sir!
I decide to trim my photo above my comfort level after seeing yours on the first page. I'm still not have enough to cut much more, yet. But, I may get a wild hair up my ass and cut more. The next time I approach her with scissors I'm going to say, "Johnny Blaze is making me do this"! So, if I cut too much and she dies, it's going to be your fault :) !!!

Don't stress my friend you can go nuts with the defol and they always bounce back. I'm doing this for two reasons atm... Firstly to make watering a bit easier and secondly to spur upwards growth. Removing all the stuff which won't get to the screen now helps to direct growth in the direction I want atm... Up! :)
Take a peep at my man LA's flux thread if you haven't before. His training and defol is much more drastic then mine and has incredible results!! Also bassman has a really detailed defol guide. :thumb:

Looking good JB the lemon kush looks quite sativa dominate with the fan leafs & will be interesting to see how she responds to scrogging with the pruning style.

Ye just been flicking over RO & the increase of PH value..

Some thing to do with the end filter & quality of PH of water to which appears it works on a more acidic base of water to which the filter will increase PH value more suitable for human health which some say between PH 6.5 to PH 8.

So if what i've read is true & you have hard water of PH 8 the end filter will increase PH value but not sure if the end filter can be changed to reverse the matter ? (home work needed)

Why the end filter increase's PH is down to acidic waters which may dissolve heavy metals from copper pipes & lead soldering etc to which may damage human health from the water supply !

But RO is largely dependent on water PH supply & more so with an acidic nature from what i under stand...

So as far as i can get, RO if for human health with acidic waters & appears to have some health problems with acidic water than over alkaline low levels etc, some thing to do with the heart ?

Two things JB. I've definitely looked at the flux thread (who hasn't lol) and I always drop by LA's journals now and again.
... And secondly, look what you made me do to my precious Princess Nebula :)
2016-02-22_18_29_13.jpg

Ye LA flux guide is pretty amazing & over the years being a member at 420mag i've seen this grow style win a lot of POTM... scrog type yields with out the need of mesh/netting even seen first timers pull this off !

Looking good JB the lemon kush looks quite sativa dominate with the fan leafs & will be interesting to see how she responds to scrogging with the pruning style.

Yah I'm loving the shape of this plant right now! Should be a decent yield. Nodes are super tight and I'm not even opening the tops yet. Gonna stack like crazy once the net is full! She's shooting up about half an inch a day atm.

Interesting info about the ro. Thanks heaps for sharing with me. They actually don't recommend you drink ro water over here. I asked the guy at the shop why and he couldn't answer me... I don't see how drinking pure water can be bad for you...? Plants seem to be loving it! I've done 5 feeds and 2 flushes with it so far. Quite nice... I don't have to pH adjust my veg feed for the kush. Comes out spot on 6.0! :)

Two things JB. I've definitely looked at the flux thread (who hasn't lol) and I always drop by LA's journals now and again.
... And secondly, look what you made me do to my precious Princess Nebula :)
2016-02-22_18_29_13.jpg

Dude.... Awesome!! :goodjob:
She is one pretty lass! I count 8 main tops before before the middle fills in. Should pull some good weight for you! Glad I could inspire you to push some boundaries. :)

Ye i just flicked through a few RO sites & noticed some end filters on the set up adjusted the final water PH some had calcium carbonate in which is alkaline, hence i thought of acidic waters.

But ye RO can be used with any water types, still reasonable sure about the end filter tho or different types which may be used... just another question for the chap at the RO shop i guess ?

Sorry the weekly update is running late! Was a crazy busy weekend... Will be potting her up into her final home tomorrow. I'll grabs some pics when I do! She's drinking about 2L a day and has put out 5 nodes in the last week. Almost time to put the net in and spread her out. :)

Okay here is the slightly late weekly update!! :)

It's been a good week for my little lemon kush. She's completely filled the 18L air pot with roots and has proceeded to gain some height, putting out 5 nodes and growing approximately 4 inches at best guess.
This morning I potted her up to a 45L air pot which is where she will stay for the rest of the grow. Once she has recovered from the transplant I will start spreading her wings so she can really fly!
Here's a few pics I took while transplanting.
DSC_005444.JPG
DSC_005543.JPG
DSC_005339.JPG
20160302_074529.JPG

As always comments and questions are highly encouraged! :Namaste:

Oh yah.... So Australia finally approved medicinal mj on a federal level!! :party:
Looks like it will be a very conservative roll out. Terminal patients and those suffering from epilepsy to start with. I'm hoping it will be the catalyst for a full roll out within the next 18 months. There is still a long way to go. They have to figure out how supply and distribution will happen. I'm hoping for a care giver system but knowing the conservative douchebags in power it will probably be privatised and commercial only. Still... One can only hope!!

Update time!

The last Fast and Vast went into darkness today so the Lemon Kush finally has the tent all to herself. A few days ago I started to spread her out. My training plan worked perfectly! 4 tops became around 20 with only 4 pieces of wire. :)
Here's how she looked immediately after the lst.
DSC_006531.JPG

DSC_006438.JPG

And here she is today. Loving life and drinking 2.5L a day!
20160306_172349.JPG
DSC_006734.JPG
20160306_172152.JPG

I plan on installing the scrog tomorrow and will hopefully be able to flip her in 7-10 days. :woohoo::blunt:

Thanks LA!! :high-five:
Coming from the king of flux I feel blessed to receive such praise!!! Will throw up a few pics this arvo as I've been busy in the tent over the last few days. Scrog is installed and the canopy begins. I also dug my diy co2 bottles out of storage and charged em up to help speed things up! :)

Finally managed to get some pics uploaded so here's the weekly update!
My lemon kush has settled into her final pot and is starting to fill the net nicely. I've been taking off any suckers down low that won't make it to the canopy. I will pull down all growth every 3 days till she fills the net and then I'll start opening the tops to stack some colas and gain some vertical growth.
I also popped the seed for my next run. As this girl is looking very sativa dominant I went with Dream Machine by heavyweight seeds. I hope she makes it through this heatwave we have going on atm. 40+ today and still 34 at 9pm. Dream Machine has 1.6% cbd so it will be interesting to see if that helps with my mum's back pain. If she gets some relief from it I will order a higher cbd strain and make her some oil from it.
Here's some pics from a couple of days ago.
DSC_008247.JPG
DSC_008541.JPG
DSC_008446.JPG
DSC_008351.JPG
DSC_008645.JPG

Peace and happiness to one and all! :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom