Magic Beans Flo N Gro Pineapple Chunk - Lemon Skunk LED Grow - 2011

Re: Magic Beans Flo N Gro Pineapple Chunk/Lemon Skunk LED Grow-2011

Hope you were able to get all of the water up before it got to the people below. I can only imagine the mess that created. Make sure you get it all dried up, wet carpet is a breeding ground for mold and mildew.

I sure hope so too..that will be the last thing i need.. I depleted all of my resources soaking it up including towels, clothes, and paper towels. Its still moist but not soaking. Im going to dry all the stuff and do it again. I also have 2 oscillating fans and a 200 cfm inline fan blowing across the floor. When this grow is done im going to take the tents down and shampoo and dry the floor thoroughly.

I wish i could have caught my reaction on video and youtubed it.. You all would have died laughing and id have multiple counts of involuntary manslaughter over mu head, so nvm!

Re: Magic Beans Flo N Gro Pineapple Chunk/Lemon Skunk LED Grow-2011

WORST MORNiNG EVER!!!
So i wake up this morning, walk over to the ladies room and the first step in, my foot is soaked. What the f&@$ is that?!?! Yea, you guessed it. My whole flo n gro 40 gallons worth of water flooded all over my 2nd story apartment floor. I must have somehow not fastened my fill tube securely enough during the rez change last night. NEVER EVER will i make that mistake again. The ladies are doing just fine though.

Somehow....I feel guilty. :smokin:

@Smoke2Js: Thanks bro. I hopped on the situation like 5-O on a 187. I think God was asking me: so how bad do you want it? And Ianswered swiftly.

@OMM: whenever i feel guilty, along with many other emotions, i like to hit a joint. Ill pass this one to you...

Wow Magic, I've missed some stuff. I was just replying in my journal to Twelve12 about what the pros and cons of the system were. And my answer was that there were no cons so far, except that I worry about the possibility of a failure that could flood the tent or the outer room with the reservoir, or a pump failure, etc. I almost had an issue with this in my test phase and I connected the hose to the barb and "clamped" it down tight with a zip-tie. I'm hoping that will keep it from happening to me. I'm watching it closely because this almost happened to me when I started testing it.

So so so sorry you had to deal with that!!! That is, frankly, my worst nightmare worry with this system.

On the positive side -- WOO HOO awesome new light you're going to be working with. :high-five:

Xlr8,
Great minds think alike. I also clamp down my hoses to the rez with zip ties. But i bought the whole system and on the rez, the nipples are like a cm tall!! Titan shouldve designed the lid with longer nipples. Cant hate, though, they do make great products. Yea be super careful with it!

Xlr8,
One more thing. After every grow when you clean the controller bucket, make sure you THOROUGHLY clean the float valves inside and out. Anything stuck in the top one and youre looking at a flood yourself lol. But im sure you planned on that anyways.

Xlr8,
Great minds think alike. I also clamp down my hoses to the rez with zip ties. But i bought the whole system and on the rez, the nipples are like a cm tall!! Titan shouldve designed the lid with longer nipples. Cant hate, though, they do make great products. Yea be super careful with it!

Same situation with the nipple for me, because they use the same fittings that are available at the hydro store, for example. So even though I made my own reservoir, one side of the barbed fitting just doesn't stick out very far and can come disconnected easy. That's where I zip-tied, but it doesn't sound like that saved you...? I'm going to have to watch that so closely, I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. I haven't been able to find a better fitting, and I'm guessing that they had the same issue at Titan - there might not be a better fitting out there (which seems crazy to me).

Xlr8,
One more thing. After every grow when you clean the controller bucket, make sure you THOROUGHLY clean the float valves inside and out. Anything stuck in the top one and youre looking at a flood yourself lol. But im sure you planned on that anyways.

Great advice -- thanks brother! :high-five:

Same situation with the nipple for me, because they use the same fittings that are available at the hydro store, for example. So even though I made my own reservoir, one side of the barbed fitting just doesn't stick out very far and can come disconnected easy. That's where I zip-tied, but it doesn't sound like that saved you...? I'm going to have to watch that so closely, I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. I haven't been able to find a better fitting, and I'm guessing that they had the same issue at Titan - there might not be a better fitting out there (which seems crazy to me).

Makes sense, because you would think the fittings supplied would fit. Come to discover they dont after trying so hard to attach it. And after a nice half joint you wonder if it's you. Nope. So youre like uhhhhhhh ok............ Zip ties where are you?

When I pieced mine together the way I did, I called them up - and it went right to the engineer who designed this. He was very helpful and knowledgable about the system to say the least. I might call the support number again about this to see if they have any suggestions or know more about fixing it... I think the support phone number goes directly to that guy which is cool.

Honestly, i would call, but its not titans fault. It was a one time slip up that i caught just in time before any real disaster could happen, and that taught me and anybody reading this a valuable lesson.

Hi Magic Beans. :)

Don't feel too bad...wasn't your fault.

Somewhere in the unfinished Journals is a grow that a guy dumped his big reservoir on the floor. He lived on the second floor too. He ruined multiple fine paintings in the apartment below. Was sued for plenty and had to quit growing.

So your not doing too bad. :popcorn:

Let's see the before and after shot of the new lights!

Honestly, i just took some pics, and as i had realised before, my camera is not suited for led lights. It doesnt do any justice to show the difference. But in all fairness you must admit that to see the difference, you actually have to see it, because your pics didnt show the difference that we have both seen.

Long story short people: diamond series brings high intensity to LED lighting. Youve seen results by steve with the unveiling, and he will be showing you what the 800w brings to the table, and in a couple weeks I will be presenting 250w hps vs. 200w Diamond series.

@Twelve12: yes thank goodness i have thick, absorbant carpet Everything is ok. If i had found it 30 mins later I'd probably be in the same position as the guy OMM just mentioned.

MedMan: Too bad the guy who lived below didnt smoke (most likely) if hes so rich having expensive art all over he coulda made the grower pay him off in personal nug production. Such a shame :/

~~~UPDATE~~~

Just a quickie. Ive been super busy this weekend and havent had much time to get on. Just took some shots of the ladies as the lights went off. Planning and getting ready for grow 4 and 5, both of which should be up soon here. These plants are at day 52 and are on their first day of flush. Thanks for the help with the flushing advice to those who gave it. I ended up using RO water with 15ml/gal of clearex. Just want to be safe for the first one. I will be chopping the PC in 3-4 days and the LS in probably about 8. PC are supposed to be done in 55 days, which, looking at them, sounds pretty accurate. The Lemon skunk is a supposed 9 weeker and that seems to be correct as well. All I know is that they sure look frosty and tasty :) Anyways Ill be popping in here and there to check up on my subbed grows as well.
day_52_005.jpg
day_52_004.jpg
day_52_003.jpg
day_52_002.jpg
day_52_001.jpg

Back
Top Bottom