Johnny Blaze's Lemon Kush Grow

I thought I'd throw up a couple of pics of my two plants in veg. First up we have Dream Machine. Very very indica so I took to her with snippers to get some light to the lower branches. She's also been topped once. Here's before and afters.
DSC_012724.JPG
DSC_013121.JPG

Next up is Sour Diesel. She had a rough start to life with the seed casing refusing to come off but some water and careful work with tweezers fixed that. I was hoping for a sativa dominant pheno but it looks like it's leaning towards indica.
DSC_013026.JPG

That's it for now. The Lemon Kush is loving life and hasn't missed a beat with all the defol she's received this week. Stay medicated my friends! :Namaste:

I noticed some tacoing of the fan leaves when I opened the tent tonight. The usual suspects are over watering, heat stress or a Mg deficiency.
Temps are stable at 27-28c when the lights are on so I'm sure heat stress is out. I've been feeding full dose (1ml/L) Ca/Mg so pretty sure that's out too but a couple of the leaves look like this.
DSC_013720.JPG
DSC_013622.JPG

Most are still perfect green just all curled up.
Over watering seems the likely culprit as I recently upped the daily feed to 5L and there's a bit of run off pooled in the catch tray. My plan of attack is to skip today's feed and see how she looks tomorrow. If the yellowing spreads I'll give her a small feed of stronger Ca/Mg.
Any input would be greatly appreciated! :thumb:

Disclaimer, I'm a total novice :)

Over watering can cause the leaves to do that. As a newbie, I over watered my first few times,a lot! If everything for the environment is good, ie temps, light, humidity, the plants are doinga natural thing. They taco "up" to expose the underside of the leaves to release excessive moisture, if they taco "down" they plant is trying to hold moisture.
Don't take what I say as Bible, I'm just sharing what I have learned

Looking good Blaze she sure is looking fine :green_heart:

Taco leafs ah ?

I more likely wouldn't rule heat stress just yet & may suggest placing your thermometer around plant canopy level just to double check as temp may differ from top to bottom.

Ye right on track with a sign of a def the Ca/Mg should help out & providing the problem does not continue or get worse over the next week or 2 ya be pretty sweet.

Disclaimer, I'm a total novice :)

Over watering can cause the leaves to do that. As a newbie, I over watered my first few times,a lot! If everything for the environment is good, ie temps, light, humidity, the plants are doinga natural thing. They taco "up" to expose the underside of the leaves to release excessive moisture, if they taco "down" they plant is trying to hold moisture.
Don't take what I say as Bible, I'm just sharing what I have learned

I didn't know they could taco down.. Thanks for teaching me something!! :thumb:

Looking good Blaze she sure is looking fine :green_heart:

Taco leafs ah ?

I more likely wouldn't rule heat stress just yet & may suggest placing your thermometer around plant canopy level just to double check as temp may differ from top to bottom.

Ye right on track with a sign of a def the Ca/Mg should help out & providing the problem does not continue or get worse over the next week or 2 ya be pretty sweet.

My thermometer measures in two places. One where the unit is hanging, on the edge of the plant about halfway down the colas. The probe hangs directly between two of the p300's about half the distance between the tops and the lights. It's been stable at 27-28c at canopy level and 30-31c at the probe. Right around the sweet spot. :)

A few celsius lower would be ideal but in general i myself more or less run around the same temps given on time of year & weather effecting ambient temperature of the air taken in by the passive vents.

But ye it may be a strain related issue as i find some are more prone to heat stress than others, just one of those things really.

Keep up the good work bud :thumb:

The temp will only drop from here as autumn is kicking in so should be in the ideal range soon.
I noticed tonight when I peeked in that the tacoing hadn't gone away.The pot was definitely dryer than yday as I could almost pick her up. That coupled with the yellow spreading and a few pistils showing colour leads me to believe she has a lock out due to excessive salt build up.
Seeing as it's almost week 5 I will give her a good flush tomorrow with 1/3 strength nutes. Cultivator recommends starving plants in coco for a few days at this stage so the timing couldn't be better! :)

I noticed some tacoing of the fan leaves when I opened the tent tonight. The usual suspects are over watering, heat stress or a Mg deficiency.
Temps are stable at 27-28c when the lights are on so I'm sure heat stress is out. I've been feeding full dose (1ml/L) Ca/Mg so pretty sure that's out too but a couple of the leaves look like this.
DSC_013720.JPG
DSC_013622.JPG

Most are still perfect green just all curled up.
Over watering seems the likely culprit as I recently upped the daily feed to 5L and there's a bit of run off pooled in the catch tray. My plan of attack is to skip today's feed and see how she looks tomorrow. If the yellowing spreads I'll give her a small feed of stronger Ca/Mg.
Any input would be greatly appreciated! :thumb:

Hi man, this is most likely heat stress, but I believe it was caused by low RH in your growroom. How's that running now?

Leaves doing that is either means your lights to close, or your heat etc is to high, in my experience it wont really effect yield one bit lol :) I had it on my first girls under hps in my tiny spot and still got great weights! ;)

Thanks for stopping by and offering up some help LA! This has got me all spun around. The environment hasn't changed in weeks. I let her dry out for 2 days to rule out over watering. She was looking ok when she woke up last night. Still slight tacoing but not too bad. I gave her 4L of ro water and raised the lights a couple of inches. Checked in this morning and the tacoing is worse! Next step is to hook the ac back up and I'll see if that makes it go away. If not it's flush time I guess...

Yep more oxygen or carbon dioxide, but try to push RH to 60%, if it goes away then you know it was it.

Happy 420 everyone!! :party::party::bigtoke:
Things have settled down in the tent. Hooking the ac back up has definitely stopped the tacoing getting any worse. Temps are now stable at 24c with around 60% humidity.
I have dropped the feed down to 1ml/L of coco a&b and 1ml/L of Ca/Mg for the last 3 days to encourage her to use up some of her stored nutes and tomorrow I will step it back up to full to spur the next growth phase. Here she is in all her glory!
DSC_014027.JPG
DSC_014127.JPG
DSC_014230.JPG
DSC_014319.JPG
DSC_014426.JPG

That's it for now. I hope everyone's 420 is blessed with much green!! :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom