NotoriousnBob's First Journaled Hodgepodge

So I'm out for most the day but I wanted to show this... I will post the process I used and other pics tonight as I don't wanna hassle With it now please tell me what you guys think about the result and making it also on my yield. Thanks alot.

20140119_051313.jpg
20140119_051351.jpg
20140119_051339.jpg
20140119_051327.jpg
20140119_054635.jpg
20140119_055240.jpg
20140119_055225.jpg
20140119_055219.jpg

The stuff dried alot lighter i was surprised it really is quite blonde. Not terrible that's for certain.

damn Awesome there N Bob Happy Skunkday :thumb:

You can use it to make butter or oil still

Also now what do I do with my product does it need heated or pressed to is it good to go I'm gonna sell it as I will have about 50g. So I'd like it to be comparable to other stuff and how green is it gonna turn. Or does anyone know who to ask?

some people heat it to press you can pick up a fairly cheap press 60-70 bucks its a screw press
I use a blow dryer to warm it up a little after I initially press it after I warm it up it presses a bit tighter
but I do throw it in the freezer for a minute or two to help it cool it comes out better if I cool it a bit before I try
to take it apart
have pics of the press somewhere in my journal
I think I got a pic of the result of the press in my notm contest second pic entry I have a pressed piece of hash
I gota get me some bubble bags one day I like the color of your hash
I screen mine old school style so I get a little green even if I use only 1 pass
but its good no complaints it tastes as it should
mine doesn't look as green before I press it the green comes out after but
your is a lot more brown looking too so it may not show as green
even mine it really isn't green before I press it but it turns out green after lol
I mean you look at the color before you press you don't expect it to come out so green but it does
like I said tho your doesn't look like itll be that green if it does show

great work on the hash making,

i tell you what i found different, normal street hash in the UK comes in 9 bars, 9oz per bar and to put some in a joint/spliff you have to burn a corner of it and it then fluffs up and you can pull it off and sprinkle it like dust, well when i made some hash i tried doing the same thing and it turned to like a sticky blob and burned my fingers, so i couldnt burn it and sprinkle it like regular hash, i pressed mine so im wondering if i never pressed it would i of been able to sprinkle it a bit easier, what ive got now is a block of hash thats slightly pliable so to smoke it i have to pull small pieces of and roll it into a thin strip then place that into a joint/spliff.

not sure if street hash where you are is the same as it is here but if we didnt burn out street hash you would never sprinkle it into a joint or bong, so we always burned a corner and pulled off a piece and it sprinkled into a fine dust unless you had some crappy stuff that just sprinkled like big hot rocks, most of my clothes ended up with burn holes in them from crappy hash, you smoke a joint and next thing you know you burning and got a small hole in your top,

the worst thing that happened to me with the crappy hash was when we was in my mates car, their was 3 of us in the back of this small car and we could hardly move, anyways we rolled a joint and started smoking it, next thing i know my foot starts burning and a big hot rock and fell into the side of my trainer between the trainer and my sock, but we was squeezed into this car and i couldnt do anything about it, it burned like hell for a few minutes, so crappy hash is pretty damn poor over here, full of old records and plastic, but nice street hash like squidgy black is pretty good,

anyways i expected it to be the same so burned a corner and ended up having it all stuck to my finger, so the hash i made and pressed i cant sprinkle like street hash, maybe i could if i never pressed it into block but i did, so be interesting so see how you use yours, just make sure its totally dried out before pressing it, mine took about 2 weeks to totally dry out.

hey Don I actually can do that with mine I think the difference might be dried weed being screened vs bubble bags
after I press my screened hash I can burn it a bit and itll soften up and turn back into a powdery feeling

So from what I gather there is no benefit from pressing the hash orher than if you have larger amounts to store It or sell it. I looked around alot and alot of reputable sources say it ruptures the heads of the trichomes and ruins the integrity and quality of the hash. IT makes sense to me also found that It can change the way it tastes and smokes but it seems to be preference that I doesn't do anything for the best. Any thoughts on this? The Only that seems constant is that it had to be dried properly and almost every one agrees it should be broke up really fine or shaved and after its dried can be worked back together easily.

Hey BOB going to chime in real quick. Pressing hash that hasn't fully dried is going to lock in moisture which we are going to want to avoid, locking in thie moistiure is going to effect the taste, color, and overall smoke of your meds. I think you did everything in correct fashion getting to the point you are.

After getting the hash onto that 25 micron pressing screen, I would press and flatted each patty trying to wick out moisture as much as possible. After making little patties out of each piece put directly into the freezer whilst still on the pressing screen.

After 10-15 minutes you will have some frozen hash patties, now you are going to need a "microplaner", these can be found in the baking utensils section, you can even use a metal strainer (CLEAN!!!!) for this. I will even freeze my microplaner/strainer as heat for this purpose you want to avoid as the hash will gum up onto your fingers and with a frozen utensil you get more of the hash falling through instead of sticking.

On your cardboard map out your different micron sizes and begin shredding the hash patty onto the clean cardboard like cheese ontop of some nice pasta! You want to keep grading the hash into a nice layer on top the cardboard but really try to not grind the hash onto layer, try to use the entire cardboard as if you start layering the hash the moisture will not wick properly.

The cardboard then acts as a desiccant and will wick and pull the moisture out of the hash.

Place the cardboard in a nice cool place away from people and pets and you will have some primo dried hashish in 2-3 days ;)

I have learned/heard all of my information from Bubbleman off freshheadies, you can watch his stuff on jootoob at bcbubbleman. I am sure you will learn so much :) I feel like everything I just typed above is covered throughout most of his videos :)

:Namaste: Stay well

Great thanks alot that's the kind of info I was looking for I also found some stuff from dj short about hash that helped.. As far as yield goes from your experience how much is normal I'd like to know if I am good or not doing enough agitating or something I feel like 1 gram for every 10 isn't to bad though?

10% return is not bad at all, on my first runs that is about what I was achieving, you will notice there really isn't a set in stone "return" as I have ran more material and achieved less yield, probably due to my 5 gal bubble bags being completely filled. Never fill the bubble bags with too much buds, :) plus I am sure every strain in different whilst making hash. Some buds may have very long trich stalks with fat trichome heads, that would be a good material to run as we are trying to snap off those heads and accumulate them together.

Don't be afraid to beat the heck out of the material just keep in mind that cold is your friend, and the faster you work and cooler you keep your material the better the end product :Namaste: I usually will do a second run on the same work bag after a first run, just to make sure I am collecting anything I can that is left in the work bag. Doing a couple rinses through your work bag will rinse anything remaining, but most of the work has been done with gravity, so one good run on a bag, beating it for about 5-10 minutes should suffice :thumb:

Your yields look might sticky, should prove to be some great meds here once dried :Namaste:

Yah mate they were about as good as I've seen so I was pleased I'm not experienced in hash though Ive been semi commercial for awhile but I always passed on the hash market. I'm thinking of getting involved now and this is a good start. I really thank you for your time here it has been most beneficial. My run never got above 0.5 Celsius and I think that really helped. Also left my used trim outside right after I drained it to freeze and I'm gonna use the first trim I ran as my first layer in my next run within the next couple days. I still have another 250g of the same stuff to go and now I'm thinking about running a QP of buds as well to see what that does. I'm not sure though cause it's alot of money as it sits..well see I guess. Thanks again CA

Thanks jimmy I may do that:thumb: i have to keep track of weights and stuff cause as much fun as it is I basically grow for profit and I'm also very particular about things so for me to make the decision to get into the hash game will ultimately come down to money and time. And I like to experiment and I like to know facts as you can tell if you've read my journal thus far. Dry ice was gonna be my first go but changed my mind. Well see what the future holds I got pics to post about my process for the hash and stuff when I get time I'll get an update going soon as well.

Back
Top Bottom