Germination: picture

y2kayo

So out of the 5 seeds I managed to get 2 of them to open this much.
One of them opened up right away in the glass of water at about 12 hours so I put it in the paper towel for a day and noticed some green poking out of the same side so I planted it. After about 10 days nothing happened so I carefully dug it up to see what was going on. My guess is the root and plant sprouted out of the same side struggled and died (as per my findings)

The second one looked about the same as this picture after 4 days in the paper towel so I planted it and it has also done nothing.

This is 3/5 seeds of another batch I got,
I just wanted to share whats happend so far in 15 hrs in water and 2 days in paper towel. Do you guys recommend I leave them for another few days or what should I do?

I used to get long roots poking by day 3 so I'm baffled.

IMG_20230428_124600_816.jpg

Just a thought - perhaps the seedlings were affected by some chemical residue from the process of making/bleaching the paper towels.
Damn I never even thought about that
🤔
Would the brown ones you find in Public washrooms be a better option to minimize that?
A cotton ball or peice of cotton cloth?
Hmm

Damn I never even thought about that
🤔
Would the brown ones you find in Public washrooms be a better option to minimize that?
A cotton ball or peice of cotton cloth?
Hmm
I personally never had any problems with the paper towels harming my seeds. Idk? I guess it’s possible but I always use regular bleached paper towels. You could try using the natural ones and see if that helps. Good luck and happy growing. CL🍀

Hi i put mine in a cup of water for 24hrs i use my tube heater to keep cup warm then i place them in solo cup of coco with small amount of nutes then i place cup under 400w hps to keep temp up even if they haven't popped through coco ive not failed once i also put aluminium foil tape around cups stops the coco drying so fast when i up pot i have to spray coco 6 times a day i also bury stems when i up pot and get more roots the second pic is one of them in the cup it was in a 1 gal pot of coco its probably over kill but it works for me
WP_20220909_17_06_13_Pro - Copy.jpg
King Tut 1 gal [2] - Copy.jpg

You guys are all making jealous, I used to literally just put them in a damp paper towel in a Ziploc and tape them.on the hotspot behind my TV.
So after a failed attempt at 5 seeds following the stupid instructions that came with crop king I'm literally just soaking 3 for 15 hrs, into the paper towel, into a Ziploc and taping them behind my TV lol.

I quickly switched out the paper towel to brown napkins though Incase that's what's happening.

If these fail for whatever reason, I'm putting some in a damp paper towel inside an inflated Ziploc (with a duct tape layer around it to keep it dark) under my lamp where it's exactly 82F.
It was another method I seen minus the duct tape layer because it's virtually impossible to have somewhere dark and warm that isn't under a light because it's still cold where I live...🙄

I appreciate your guys insight

You guys are all making jealous, I used to literally just put them in a damp paper towel in a Ziploc and tape them.on the hotspot behind my TV.
So after a failed attempt at 5 seeds following the stupid instructions that came with crop king I'm literally just soaking 3 for 15 hrs, into the paper towel, into a Ziploc and taping them behind my TV lol.

I quickly switched out the paper towel to brown napkins though Incase that's what's happening.

If these fail for whatever reason, I'm putting some in a damp paper towel inside an inflated Ziploc (with a duct tape layer around it to keep it dark) under my lamp where it's exactly 82F.
It was another method I seen minus the duct tape layer because it's virtually impossible to have somewhere dark and warm that isn't under a light because it's still cold where I live...🙄

I appreciate your guys insight
What about if you took a heating pad on low + put it in a drawer? CL🍀

What about if you took a heating pad on low + put it in a drawer? CL🍀
I tried the electric heating pad I have and it was 99F just sitting out with the thermometer ontop of it.

Do you recommend I turn the TV for night time or should I leave it running 24hr+?

The free seed I got with my order (jack the ripper or something I can't remember) seems to be doing great so far, Im thinking the space coolies is just a son of bitch strain.

I tried the electric heating pad I have and it was 99F just sitting out with the thermometer ontop of it.

Do you recommend I turn the TV for night time or should I leave it running 24hr+?

The free seed I got with my order (jack the ripper or something I can't remember) seems to be doing great so far, Im thinking the space coolies is just a son of bitch strain.
It needs to be warm and dark, however you do it should work. CL🍀

Hey @y2kayo!

What you want is dark and warm, not hot. 75°F is plenty. I use brown kitchen type paper towel, folded over twice, and wet with distilled water. then I keep in a tupperware or pyrex w/ lid.

When my seeds do this and no more...
1682935858792.png

they be duds. it's quite common with old seed.

When I get fresh seed, it always develops tails in a day or 2.

good luck!

I used to literally just put them in a damp paper towel in a Ziploc and tape them.on the hotspot behind my TV.
You have brought up your success when you 'used' to start the seeds off with this method.

Got to thinking about it and figured I could ask. Are you still living in the same house as you were when you had the successful germination? If it is not the same house there could be changes in the micro environment in the current house that is making it harder for successful sprouting to take place.

Hey @y2kayo!

What you want is dark and warm, not hot. 75°F is plenty. I use brown kitchen type paper towel, folded over twice, and wet with distilled water. then I keep in a tupperware or pyrex w/ lid.

When my seeds do this and no more...
1682935858792.png

they be duds. it's quite common with old seed.

When I get fresh seed, it always develops tails in a day or 2.

good luck!
I've never had duds before I think cropking sold me bunk seeds to begin with because they didn't do jack. Got more and they grew tails with quickness thanks for the reply

Back
Top Bottom