Getting close to harvest, but just how close am I?

Mybdayis420

420 Member
I know I’m close, but this is my first grow. I’ve began to flush 2 of my three plants. I’m growing white widow, 3 different phenotypes. One was very slow out of the gate but now shes the most sugary of the three. These are the most amazing plants I’ve ever raised, and I’ve grown a lot of plants working in horticulture.

IMG_0279.jpeg

IMG_0278.jpeg

IMG_0277.jpeg

hiya :ciao:
WW is a wonderful plant and it looks like you are doing it justice
Those buds will grow huge in the next few weeks, as Shed notes
True to its name, it will be covered in white crystals towards the end
When I've smoked it, my good lady has sure been a widow for the evening lol

Order a pocket microscope and go by trichome colour is the best way to be sure and for under a fiver it's a useful purchase, to know exactly when to harvest and just for admiring the bud close up, as i often do, just for pleasure lol

Looking good and getting close. Making me a bit jealous 'cause I don't have anything that close to harvest at the time.

... and for under a fiver it's a useful purchase, to know exactly when to harvest and just for admiring the bud close up, as i often do, just for pleasure ....
@Mybdayis420 these close up scopes or whatever they are called are also good for noticing a few other things going on that sometimes are not easy to see normally. It looks like a minor case of Spider Mites are setting up shop. Nothing major at this time but something I am used to looking for. Spraying with one of the products that are considered OK to use right up to harvest would be helpful.

I do not know if one of the sponsors has such a product but you should be able to find something like Flying Skulls Nuke'Em at any decent grow or general gardening shop. A quart spray bottle from the dollar store and mix according to the dose on the bottle or the web site.

The early Spider Mite webs are circled in red and are a bit easier to see in your full size photos at the top.

temp1.jpeg

temp2.jpg

Looking good and getting close. Making me a bit jealous 'cause I don't have anything that close to harvest at the time.

@Mybdayis420 these close up scopes or whatever they are called are also good for noticing a few other things going on that sometimes are not easy to see normally. It looks like a minor case of Spider Mites are setting up shop. Nothing major at this time but something I am used to looking for. Spraying with one of the products that are considered OK to use right up to harvest would be helpful.

I do not know if one of the sponsors has such a product but you should be able to find something like Flying Skulls Nuke'Em at any decent grow or general gardening shop. A quart spray bottle from the dollar store and mix according to the dose on the bottle or the web site.

The early Spider Mite webs are circled in red and are a bit easier to see in your full size photos at the top.

temp1.jpeg

temp2.jpg
Wow, good spot and also good for spotting mould a lot quicker if it ever happens.

temp1.jpeg

temp2.jpg
Wow, good spot and also good for spotting mould a lot quicker if it ever happens.
Thanks a lot for the heads up and the suggestion. I have mixed up
a spray bottle of Power Shield by Hombolds Secret. I’ve had to contend with various insects throughout this entire grow. At one point I noticed what I at first thought was mold after we had some rainy days but it ended up being a small green inch worm nesting in one of the bud sites. I ended up pruning off that limb. Hopefully I have things under control at this point as I’m just around the corner from harvesting this plant.

Thanks a lot for the heads up and the suggestion. I have mixed up a spray bottle....
I sometime take a photo just to look for webs on buds that are approaching the finish line. If the lights have reds or purples in them it seems to make seeing the webs harder no matter how hard I look so the photo really helps.

When spraying set the sprayer to a fine mist.Those small drop might be about impossible to see but they will stick to the webs and end up showing as lines of droplets. Really aggravating if a whole colony of mites have set up a web network that could not be seen until the spray bottle was used. Sometimes it seems that the small mist drops also make it easier to see some of the individual mites that have been around long enough to have grown a bit of size.

When I grew a large plant under a blurple light for its flowering stage the mite webs and the mite damage to the leaves was not visible. If the light was turned off and a plain white LED grow light used or even a regular white room light (a CFL bulb in my case) the damage from the mites was easy to see and the webs were visible.

One of the big reasons I tell growers who want us to tell them about their plant to turn off that blurple light and turn on a white light or move the plant to the sunshine. The purple/blue light changes the colors on the leaves, etc making it hard to see what is really going on. In person our eyes and brain might compensate but if looking at a photo we see what the camera electronics sees.

I sometime take a photo just to look for webs on buds that are approaching the finish line. If the lights have reds or purples in them it seems to make seeing the webs harder no matter how hard I look so the photo really helps.

When spraying set the sprayer to a fine mist.Those small drop might be about impossible to see but they will stick to the webs and end up showing as lines of droplets. Really aggravating if a whole colony of mites have set up a web network that could not be seen until the spray bottle was used. Sometimes it seems that the small mist drops also make it easier to see some of the individual mites that have been around long enough to have grown a bit of size.

When I grew a large plant under a blurple light for its flowering stage the mite webs and the mite damage to the leaves was not visible. If the light was turned off and a plain white LED grow light used or even a regular white room light (a CFL bulb in my case) the damage from the mites was easy to see and the webs were visible.

One of the big reasons I tell growers who want us to tell them about their plant to turn off that blurple light and turn on a white light or move the plant to the sunshine. The purple/blue light changes the colors on the leaves, etc making it hard to see what is really going on. In person our eyes and brain might compensate but if looking at a photo we see what the camera electronics sees.
Excellent information. Thank you for taking the time to share that

Back
Top Bottom